1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

End game reachable?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Miku Da Yo 39, 15 Nov 2017.

?

Thoughts on being able to reach a maxed endgame withing your life time?

1. Yes its possible through grinding.

10 vote(s)
    17.2%
  2. No, the fact that you can't just by playing naturally is a bad model for any game.

14 vote(s)
    24.1%
  3. You don't need to reach endgame to enjoy the game.

27 vote(s)
    46.6%
  4. Endgame is not necessary if it is kept to a tiny pay to win minority.

7 vote(s)
    12.1%
  1. Miku Da Yo 39

Miku Da Yo 39 Well-Known Member

Can you max out all items and crew in your lifetime?
    How many hours of playing is required?
    Can developers release stats on what percentage of all players have access to Epic T5/ Legendary T3+?
    The goal of this type of freemium game is to make the Pay-To-Win/Reach Endgame so unrealistic that even a millionaire may not be able to do it.
    I believe this overall system works if over 99% of players are maintained at a Rare t5 level or below. Occasional epics and T1 legendaries are around the same.
    Occasionally we run into super players that carry tiered legendaries, but nobody really complains because they have spent tens of thousands of $$$ so they deserve to have a advantage. How else can you make people drop that much money lol. So what is the point of this thread? I want the developers to publicly release data on just how many players are in this zone of T3 Legendaries+ and T5 Epics+ and the ratio of that to the majority of players. I also want to know that if there is a growing number of players crossing that 1% threshold, how will they balance it to make sure the majority is below the rare T5 zone. In a game where there is never a level playing field, It is important to isolate the hardcore pay to win from the majority as much as possible. If every one had the same gear, the game would be purely on skill, if infamy was gained and loss purely based on wins and losses alone without factoring in a upgrade system of any sort. this would be the best game ever. That's not possible though so we have to work with what we got. Sometimes i wish they would make it somehow possible to make it to endgame just by playing say over the span of a year or two. Perhaps making a new league called, Endgame league where only players with everything maxed can play. Even though we might have to endure a pay to win in balance we know there is ultimately leveled gameplay waiting for us. Regarding the poll, if you guys want me to add more poll options, let me know and i will add them.

On a personal note, while may be not as financially successful as what we have now, Rovio could have totally made all weapons in game 100% even with no upgrade system whatsoever and have everything be flat and even for everyone. For IAPs they could've went with the in game boat customization skins that you can receive from opening RNG crates. People will spend alot of money for skins too, look at Gamelofts games. This could have been one of the most fair and top rated games of the year following a much better business model. It was proabably a company's (Rovio's) executive decision to make upgrade system a RNG based thing. I know devs who truly care about a fair game would never implement such.

Last edited: 15 Nov 2017
    TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  2. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    Well i'm lvl 42 and already have max swift so...

behumble and The Otherguy like this.
  3. Miku Da Yo 39

Miku Da Yo 39 Well-Known Member

Now took how long it took you to get to where you are and multiply that 100. you are maybe 5% of the way to reaching endgame good job

4. mpqw

mpqw New Member

ok...

5. FirnenAhead

FirnenAhead Well-Known Member

IDK pal. Endgame sounds to me like
    [​IMG]

6. • Percy •

• Percy • Well-Known Member

9th grader
    DAYUM you said something other than "ok"! I'm impressed.

7. WaveMaker

WaveMaker Active Member

Is it possible to reach the end game? First I guess you would have to define end game, is it everything battle bay has to offer?
    - You can't enter VIP chat unless you pay for it...so, if you're not P2W you can't access everything battle bay offers in the chat rooms.
    - Can you earn enough gold and sugar to fuel ship or weapons costs? Yes (grinding will be necessary, or open wallet to expedite process) Anything beyond captain level 30ish will taking increasingly more grinding as the costs increase...*Not sure on the timeline (beyond cpt. lvl. 30) but it will be more than six months for sure. And that also depends on whether you share that love with your weapons as much as you do the ship or captain level.
    - Can you obtain weapons of every class including multiple T5 Legendary's? It's RNG or at least that's what everyone says. So in theory yes!
    (In practice: this is where it gets dicey. EX. I have a max of 2 legendary pieces in red and green, 1 legendary piece in yellow and blue) at my current drop rates I'd get in theory 6 legendary pieces of various types every six months. I leave the rest of the math up to someone else. Is the legendary item possible...sure, a very long time from now. (I have a fair number of rares and a couple epics at various stages)
    - Guild raffle: can you get legendary stuff; Yes...but in practice it has been mostly pearls, legendary pieces (extremely rare), but it's honestly way to littered with epic items so it really shouldn't be called "Legendary bonus round" it should be called "Epic Legends" :D because it's actually epic when you snag a legendary piece.
    - The league can you become a "Nightmare"? I don't know!
    - Ship Class: can each ship class enter the Top 10 or even the Top 50 - I hear most can but if you're a fixer...

Did you reach the end game (or at least what you consider end game)? Care to share timelines? Did you P2W or F2P? When did you max captain levels? Highest weapon obtained?

8. Rinse & Repeat

Rinse & Repeat Well-Known Member

I'm guessing end game means:
    -Max Captain Level and badge
    -Max Crew Training
    -Max level of every item in every rarity(including Legendary), Perks, and Max level boats
    -Max resources
    and lastly 10,000 infamy every season... did I miss something... I probably did... anyway it may seem impossible especially the infamy and all max legendaries but somewhere there is an evil whale waiting to emerge and prove me wrong...

Mister Kevin and The Otherguy like this.
  9. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

End game for me = when the devs nerf all your weapons and keep other OP weapons because the masses all use it so you get bored and move on to a better managed mobile game

10. Rinse & Repeat

Rinse & Repeat Well-Known Member

End game: devs nerf all your weapons but you still on top 50 leaderboard

11. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

End Game = Stop playing BB

12. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I think I’ve progressed much faster than I expected. I thought it would take me years to get where I am now, but it actually only took a few months.

I once thought that epics weren’t even worth thinking about, but I’ve got loads of them now, and I expect I’ll have some t3s soon, and probably get some to ‘at least’ t4 before I’m done. I’m pretty sure I’ll get my first legendary in the next few months too.

I think some games are just slow burners. If you start a game like WoW or EVE then you can expect to play for years before you reach the top levels.

I think if a f2p player stuck with BB for 5-6 years (which wouldn’t be unthinkable for a game like WoW), then they probably would start to collect quite a lot of legendaries, especially once they get into Nightmare and start getting pieces each season.

I don’t know if you’d ever get a full set of t5s, but you could probably get a t3 if you weren’t too picky.

The Otherguy likes this.
  13. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

End game: Taking out Blacktail and owning his team. Required training: 3 human lifespans loool.

14. Riddlerpaji

Riddlerpaji Active Member

End game = U reach nightmare and leave the bay silently.

behumble and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  15. Earel

Earel Active Member

my time is come.

The Otherguy likes this.
  16. Riddlerpaji

Riddlerpaji Active Member

@_@ ok.

17. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

Orpheus told us he did not expend tons of money and he's always top 10... It's not only possible, it's happening. :D:D:D

18. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    It was SO much easier to progress in the beta. You could get max epics a Lot easier than now.

Rainbow Warrior and Riddlerpaji like this.
  19. AdmiralAtlan

AdmiralAtlan New Member

So I think end game is definitely reachable.
    For me end game does not mean the end of the game. It's high level gameplay. Like highest boat with high level equipment and max or nearly max level captains. Also nightmare league probably. But this is not a game where you need to reach end game. The grind is the important part of the game

20. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

It's gonna be hilarious next december when I hit Nightmare with t5 rares on a mk6 speeder(that's my current goal, I'm not rushing it or the 800 feature will get me rekt). Then I'll be like, yea, mate, I got here completely f2p.

Rainbow Warrior and The Otherguy like this.