1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Dual std cannon combo?

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by StrictSalmon307, 3 Feb 2018.

1. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    This seems like a good idea cuz std cannons have a high dps compared to other weapons, and it's reload time is so slow that when you fire one the other reaches global cool down (you can spam it!) Would this work? It would give high dps, and std cannon is easy to hit because of its projectile speed. If you run a shooter, then you also don't have to use more slots for cannons. And std cannons only take up one slot.

Neptune_Gaming likes this.
  2. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

"The welder" is what I like to call this. Erminesarecute ran this setup. It's a nice build lol I hate it as a speeder.

3. The Afenogaster

The Afenogaster Well-Known Member

Bbay player / free time artist.
    In defender this can be a horrible pain in the rear for the enemy, ohhh you have made a mistake because my smurf is a defender !! New setup is coming ssoooon

4. c3n3

c3n3 Well-Known Member

This works for lower levels when you have less slots or if you want the cannons to be your only direct damage weapon, usually though having higher burst damage guns Is better since with dual cannons, yes it's constant fire, but you have to be outside of cover, where as most people will shoot you then hide to reload so you can't get the full potential of a high dps and your out of cover and getting shot at the most, I have seen this work with an enforcer with a mine as the third weapon, since it's easy to shoot, go behind cover, shoot again. Repeat. But your other weapons can't be cannons or else it usually ends up being a waste of cool down.

5. StrictSalmon307

Professional student
    Idk I've never tried it, and I only have one maxed cannon to use :p

6. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

It only has high DPS if you’re firing them continuously

If you leave any sort of gap between canon shots (such as, to fire another weapon, or use a yellow/green item, then your DPS will drop like a rock.

That’s why I think this build is only really good on Defender and low mk ships with fewer slots.

7. FirnenAhead

FirnenAhead Well-Known Member

Any yellow boat with a decent Tesla Shield on would be happy to annihilate the one with double standard cannon.

8. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

Depends on your reload.
    If your reload is less than 4 seconds u better of combo it with other weapon.

Thats my opinion.
    I use std canon n ex canon.
    My std canon reload at 3.9 sec.

9. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Std Canon has a couple advantages that make people under-estimate DPS:

1. If I'm equipped with 5 slow-recycling weapons the wait is painful, but with the quick reload time I always have a weapon available to make a quick and key hit which can be a game changer.

2. The Std Canon hit success is substantially higher than most other weapons. I miss with my BC/ExC all the time, but rarely with my Canon. It is by far the easiest weapon to hit a speeder with, probably 80% success rate for me, which is definitely more than sniper because Speeders use waves to hide behind and snipers fail with waves in the middle. A few of those quick hits and the speeder is in a critical health state, and their game changes from aggression to hiding away from the battle.

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  10. StrictSalmon307

Professional student
    What about a shooter setup with two std cannons, and then big torps and big bertas? They have long reload times so you can blast away until you fire again (and they're high damage, so they account for sudden dps drop from not shooting cannons).

11. Jujujuan

Jujujuan Active Member

Yesterday I saw a defender with an epic Standard C. tier V. Did 800+ dmg with crit.
    Is a lot for a 4 sec weapon

12. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

My Rare V will crit 900+ damage... but without crit perks so it's only a 1 in 100 chance.

13. Jujujuan

Jujujuan Active Member

I guess that with full fire perks would be more effective. Still is a lot.