1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

don't ignore shooters

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by noobkiller, 23 Feb 2018.

Tags:
  1. noobkiller

noobkiller New Member

So as we can see in last 6-7 months speeders got nerfed in each update.....and in recently defenders also got affected by explosive nerf.....and previous updates affected fixers and enforcers(50% self heal and tesla shield 4s stun when breaks)....and wayward pains map got opened for mortars and missiles....so my question is why these updates don't affect shooters....is this because its most used ship..???....ok so here are few ideas...
    1. reduce shooters base HP by 10%
    2. Make all mortars 2 slot weapons ( no more mortar spam )
    3. Remove all base defense points( can get only from crew and perks)
    4. Increase cool down for all mortars by 5%
    I guess this would make this game more balanced ....thnx

2. Nam_Nam

Nam_Nam Active Member

That’s a HUGE nerf you’re suggesting. I can see where you are coming from, but I think there are better ways.

Perhaps reduce speed by 5%?
    Let base def. points be 5?

Honestly, mortars are fine. Just get a good turbo and dodge.

3. noobkiller

noobkiller New Member

How will u dodge 5 mortars in a row....its so annoying put 3 mortars in your ship and shoot all day

4. Darwin nailed it

Darwin nailed it Member

What..No, are you crazy?? Shooter gets nerf like the one you are suggesting and half the battle bay players will quit this game, i know i will, lol

5. Nam_Nam

Nam_Nam Active Member

Are you in a speeder?
    I use enforcer with nitro so I go zoom zoom. However...
    SHOOTERS CANT DO DAT
    So shooters use mortars against shooters and defenders.
    Everyone else can run or heal self back up.

Defender needs a buff

6. noobkiller

noobkiller New Member

I stopped playing speeder after this update (why....i can't even kill a fixer... cool down is too high.... dropped from 2.7k to 2k almost 700)....now i play fixer and enforcer.... sorry I'm new here so... I don't know how to write a reply...lol

7. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    Of all of these ideas, I could only agree with number 2. Of course, as 2 point weapons they should get some kind of damage buff. The ballpark mortar can simply be replaced by the big berta. Although, I can't see how this is really a direct nerf to shooters. It would, however, inspire more creative builds and it would definitely halt the mortar-only setups. If anything, leave the standard mortar as 1pt as it is the least popular mortar choice and would have some benefit to using it this way.

1 and 3 are unnecessary. Shooter is too immobile to nerf their survivability. Their defense is fine for sure, but if you want to nerf their hp, they deserve faster and more agile movement.

4 should be shelved. That idea would just add to the pile of nerf complaints. The 2pt idea is OK in my opinion since I proposed they should be buffed to compensate being changed to 2 points.

PallabKumarS likes this.
  8. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    Speeder got nerfed because it was the most dominant boat. Shooters however, are pretty balanced at all levels.

9. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

I like how speeder are picking every damn boat to get nerfed

10. PastelPiku

Security
    As the assassins, it can't be helped xD Personally, I think everyone needs a buff. Everyone is too easy to kill without shields. I think shields should give bonus hp, not make up almost all of your hp.

11. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

If everyone gets a buff, this is the same as nobody getting a buff :)

fr4nk1yn and PastelPiku like this.
  12. PastelPiku

Security
    Exactly lol but if everyone had more base hp, you wouldn't have to think twice before dropping a shield for one of the underused blue items.

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  13. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

You want mortar nerf, make every mortar 3 slots for all i care.But i will tell you that you are really a dumb speeder if mortar spam hurts you

Because from what i know its mortars of one shooter that is most devastating for other shooter.. We Dont have freaking nitro, or tesla sheild or Shit load of HP

14. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

Lmao.

15. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

I’m a Performer! Television and Stage!
    I agree completely. First the hp nerf, then the frost blaster and now our precious stun. And plus, defenders were a huge threat and now seem to be even more scared to make a charge, which is ridiculous cause if you area defender make a flipping charge, you have the health for it. Plus, I loved the old Wayward Pains because there were places where I could sit and shooter and a shooter couldn’t hit me with a mortar. I was using the map and being very skilled and now I’m being killed. The shooter had to expose himself and when he did I can frost torp him and cannon him. Not anymore.

16. Da Carronade King

Da Carronade King Well-Known Member

Seducer
    Now thats insensitive, what if he prefers to use shields and his speed is so slow like mine, that he cant dodge them. Ur hp is actually quite high anyway, higher than any mk5 speeders I see and u have 3 more weapons as well, so u cant be rude.

17. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

I started the Buff defender thread...
    Slash nerf enforcer. Nerf shooter.

Reality is Shooter needs a longer global cooldown or a half reduction of all their defense points. And a .02 reduction of speed.
    When u have shooters rolling with 10k hp. They are one boat wrecking crews.

U see shooters who can spam unlimited shots with heavy damage weapons. Who have absurdly high defense, and can speed away in reverse faster than a defender can go forward.

Reality. We all know shooters are the primary boat. Devs will you ever nerf them?

Probably not. But shooters are imballance both in boat usuage. And in capabilities.
    Meta usuage. Over 70 percent of the bay are shooters?

@The Grim Repair @Miika

18. Da Carronade King

Seducer
    As a carronad euser, I feel even a reduction of base defnse points is what is needed, maybe keep base at 5 but then shooters can add perks to increase it

HARPO! likes this.
  19. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

I’m a Performer! Television and Stage!
    Actually compared to a speeder you do have a shit ton of hp and you and the rest of the defenders that i see in battle need to pick up the pace and book your ass to the front line and stop being such scared pussy cats. Seriously, I die so many times because a shooter(at 10k hp and me at 3k) won’t go forward. But i will because someone needs to make a move, and I take shots that take out two thirds of my health because of the insane pau to play players, however when I do deal a devastating shot, everyone wants to movement forward now to get the kill steal.

20. Da Carronade King

Seducer
    Now imagine the 2.3k mk4 fixer leading teh battle against mk5s and mk6s with 5k life as the 8k defenders are too scared to lead. Lets just say it aint pretty, one good torpedo could just about one-shot me

kusura bakmayin likes this.