1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Does it get better?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Miscanthus, 14 Nov 2017.

1. Miscanthus

Miscanthus New Member

Hi all
    I've been playing for about a week. I really enjoy the graphics and gameplay. The first 50 games were a blast. Mostly good even fights with only a few outliers.

The last 50 games haven't been fun. I have a Mk2 fixer with 850hp. I regularly go against Mk5 opponents. Some of them have 5k hps. Unless I play very conservatively, I can get one shotted pretty easily.

Have new players always had to deal with such an upward climb or is it a recent MM irregularity? Not sure how the developers expect new players to stick around. As it is now, I debating if I should keep playing.

2. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

You all are getting buffs, new update just rolled out. Check the announcements section for more details about the buffs mark 1 and makr 2 ships are getting.

Tirth2_ likes this.
  3. The Grim Repair

The Grim Repair Community Manager

Check out the Update we just released and see how it feels for you :)
    Please also use the suggestion forum to give feedback / add your voice to existing ideas on what exactly you would like to improve about the game experience!

Shadow Moon! and Harishsvks like this.
  4. Dvd2812

Dvd2812 Member

I dont think your answer is good. Unless they buff mk1 and mk2 to 5k health, then nothing you can do with mk5 down to below 1000 infamy.
    Instead, I think the devs improved the MM is the right answer

CaffeinatedChris likes this.
  5. *Rubber Duck*

*Rubber Duck* Well-Known Member

How the game works bud is if u are good and have good items u will climb up and up but at some point u will start getting matched with higher players and start to loose more because ur boat cant upgrade as fast as ur infamy climbs

-SeeKnDeStRoY- likes this.
  6. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

MM can be a little one sided, but try and look past the ships level, MK4 MK5 etc.
    The game pairs similar infamy, so just because they have a more powerful ship, they are of a similar skill level (maybe worse as better ship but similar infamy!)
    I have seen many MK5 players destroyed by MK3 ships, its down to the players skill level more than anything.

7. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

No comments

8. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

This is nuts!
    So people have put in hours of work, and spent tons of gold and sugar, maybe even pumped real money in to reach MK5 and get their advantage.
    During that time they were lower level, struggling but kept going.
    You think MK2 ships should be buffed to the same HP with no drawbacks? How is that fair for the guy that worked his ass off?
    Keep grinding and earn your MK5, dont ask for it to be handed to you on a plate.
    I would be interested to see your opinion if you was the one who earned the MK5, if you would be requesting all MK2 are buffed to the same level.
    In my opinion if you are MK2 and come face to face with a MK5 then you should stand a high chance of being destroyed, would be rubbish if it was an even playing field to that degree.

Shadow Moon! likes this.
  9. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Long-term player here; no, we haven't had to deal with that. I didn't see my first Mk5 ship until the mid-2000s infamy, and at that point I was an Mk4 Fixer. Hopefully the new changes to matchmaking that were rolled out will help keep you with ships closer to your current gear level.

But you should know that as a Fixer, you're not only able to climb higher than other ships relative to your infamy (I'm Mk5 and have been bracketed with Mk6/7 for months now) but as the healer-class, the metagame pretty much demands that you're Priority One for getting sunk. Even if the new algorithm puts you in with Mk3s at the highest, you should be expecting to have to do a lot of ducking, dodging, dipping and diving.

Post a loadout/inventory screenshot, and let's see if we can get you kitted out as best as possible!

Shadow Moon! likes this.
  10. Miscanthus

Miscanthus New Member

11. Miscanthus

Miscanthus New Member

Thanks for the replies. I'm looking forward to giving the new patch a try.

Shadow Moon! likes this.
  12. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Mk2 ships haven't been properly updated; you should have two Green slots and 3 points total. Server maintenance tomorrow is supposed to address that, you'll then have 1R, 1Y, 3GG, 1B.

Immediate suggestion is to lose the bandage and get a Standard Shield fitted. The extra 200-300HP you can get from that will help you survive much more than the few points of healing a Bandage gives you.

Once the Mk2 ships are patched to have the new slots, fit your Repair Box. For upgrade order, I'd focus on shield first, then Pulse, and finally Box. Cannon can basically be ignored for the time being since you're a healer primarily, and long-term it's a poor choice for a Fixer weapon. You want something with long cooldowns and high per-hit damage, so that you can focus on restoring HP rather than taking it off.

13. *Rubber Duck*

*Rubber Duck* Well-Known Member

Did u see a post about this somewerr that they said a fix will be here in the next day?

14. DirtyRickyGrimes

DirtyRickyGrimes Member

a bandage healing for 2 mins will give more than 200-300 in battle though ...and games can last up to 5 minutes, no?

15. Mon4 Lot

Mon4 Lot Member

It’s infamy tankers. I have just uninstalled both my accounts as game is just not enjoyable any more.
    My baby account at mk2 capt 15 is facing mk5’s capt 30-32 which is BS! (Not in a guild)
    On my bigger account I was tired of losing because of players trying to complete guild quests by having ridiculous loadouts and doing less than 1.5k dmg with mk5 & mk6 shooters.
    I had the 2nd smaller account to play on when I got frustrated with the big account but got just as frustrated with that one when facing opponents with t2-3 epic weapons and an inevitable loss.

Last edited: 14 Nov 2017
  16. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

A turbo is what you want! The added speed will prevent more damage than a bandage can ever make up for.

17. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Assuming you survive for all five minutes, yes it could potentially outheal the Shield - but the Shield will let you survive the initial hit, and the Repair Pulse will outdo it anyways.

18. Iunch

Iunch Active Member

If your mk5 boat is regularly facing MK2 boats, you haven't "worked your ass off"

19. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    From what it looks like, the lower levels (mk3 and below) are pretty much unable to have fun battles bc of infamy tankers. Once you get mk4 things should start to become more fun.

20. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

The game forces a 50/50 win ratio for everyone, so even if you get one-shotted one match, you will be given easy matches to make up for it. Keep at it!