1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Do reducing cooldown time of weapons reduce their Damage Per Hit?

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Rafael00X, 1 Oct 2017.

Tags:
  1. Rafael00X

Rafael00X New Member

I have been wondering this for quite some time now since I have to choose between the abilities of my crew members. If I choose to reduce the cooldown time of my cannon, does the Damage Per Hit reduces or it remains the same? If it remains the same then does the Damage Per Second increases to tally the change?

Any help regarding this topic will be appreciated.

2. Clewtr25

Clewtr25 Member

No the cool down only affects reloading time. The damage per second will increase as you will be getting more shots over a lifetime. Damage per shot will stay the same

3. Rafael00X

Rafael00X New Member

But suppose my Standard Cannon gives 32 Damage Per Second and takes 5 seconds to reload so it should give (32 x 5 = 160) Damage Per Hit.
    Then I reduce its reload time to 4.5 seconds, so my Damage Per Second stays the same (32) and should give (32 x 4.5 = 144) Damage Per Hit.
    Is this the case? If not then by decreasing the reload time it should gain in DPS to balance the calculation?

4. Clewtr25

Clewtr25 Member

Your DPS will increase as the only thing that will change is the reload speed, your shot damage will not change so if you dealt 600 damage for a 6 second reload you get 100 DPS. If your reload decreases your DPS Will increase. So if it got reduced to 5 seconds your DPS will be 120.

5. Rafael00X

Rafael00X New Member

Thanks a lot! This was the answer I was looking for!

Clewtr25 likes this.
  6. Rated R

Rated R Member

The simple formula is: Total Damage / Cooldown (seconds)
    For DOT weapons the formula is (Damage * Duration [seconds]) / Cooldown (seconds)

Clintastic and Clewtr25 like this.