1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Difficulties pushing infamy

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by FALCO, 4 Sep 2017.

1. FALCO

FALCO Active Member

I used to play mk4 enforcer at 2000 infamy when after a while i started dropping like crazy to 1500 infamy i couldnt get anywhere i just kept losing so i decided to upgrade my fixer to mk 4 and use it to maybe push up, nothing much changed i was still around 1600 infamy
    So i deceided i would try speeder and that helped me get up to 1700 i keep switching between these 3 shipd but cant get back to even 1800
    Is anyone else kind if staying around the same infamy like me or are you guys able to push a little bit
    I think its because of the 50/50 win rate

Shadow Moon! likes this.
  2. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    Dont worry, Infamy comes and goes in waves. I pretty much flew up to 1000, then sat in-between 1000 and 1200 for a couple months, and now I'm advancing in leaps and bounds, but I expect to settle around 1500~ .
    (I gained 200 infamy in one night)

fr4nk1yn likes this.
  3. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn Well-Known Member

The "game" has always done this thing where it let's me jump up about 200 points every so often, the beats me 300 before I come back up to 100 less than the max I was.

I've just switched to full time Enforcer and I seem to be making some straight ahead, slow, progress. I'm Almost at 1900 so I'm waiting for the losing streak now.

Just hang in there.

The Otherguy likes this.
  4. FALCO

FALCO Active Member

Oh well at least its good to know im not alone

5. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn Well-Known Member

No you're not. I don't know your infamy.
    The problem i had, and still do, is at 1600 you start running into mk5 ships with all t4 rares or t2 epic weapons.

I had to retrain the crew and switch to higher potential damage weapons. I just couldn't, and still can't, hit as hard as the ones I'm playing with.

ittiarazam likes this.
  6. disorder

disorder Active Member

At 2k infamy you need good t3 at least and mk5...
    Was at same point with my mk4 enforcer (around 1800,2000) now mk5 so around 2000, 2400 now (not serious in all fight, sometime its boring me, so infamy not really high)

7. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

True, infamy isn't even that important to me anymore. I play with all railgun shooter for all I care.

The Otherguy and fr4nk1yn like this.
  8. CheekyDevilGod

CheekyDevilGod Well-Known Member

Did you refrain from upgrading your weapons for a long time?. It's a competitive game, new players keep joining everyday, mpre people getting mk5s, mk4s and so on.

Everyday people get better gear, upgrades and skills. Forget reaching higher infamy, in order to just stay where you are, it's important to keep working on your gear.

This game isn't just all skills, you need decent gear too and with players upgrading everyday you need to atleast keep up.

9. Charlotte Douche

Charlotte Douche Well-Known Member

Its normal i have same problem.

10. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Nothing abnormal here. Infamy system is very flawed. You will never be at the infamy you rightfully belong in. You will either be way below or way above

Shadow Moon! likes this.
  11. Miika

Miika Game Lead

No. Just no. Infamy is an MMR, which is THE standard method for measuring player's strength in competitive environment, including some real sports. If it would be "very flawed" approach then everybody wouldn't be using it.

Just think about it, it has a very simple premise: If you are, on average, better then other players in your level, on average, it means you will end up influencing the end result of your battles, on average, to your advantage and you gain infamy because you win more than you lose. When you reach the level where you do don't influence the end result more than others then you keep floating on your rightful level.

The reason why I used "on average" so many times is that any good/bad luck (i.e.floaters, bad team mates etc) does not really matter, because it all averages out over sufficient amount of battles because everybody has that same good/back luck.

The main reason for the "elo hell" illusion that all games are accused of ("I have lower MMR than I should, the system is broken!") is mainly born from people thinking they are better than they actually are.

12. FALCO

FALCO Active Member

Now i dont think im better than what i am I KNOW I AM because i was at a higher infamy which means i WAS better than i am now so why did i drop so much? Why did i have floaters in so many friggin matches one after the other?
    Why do i as a crappy mk 4 enforcer/speeder/fixer with crappy gear (tier 2 and 3 rares) have to against MK 5 WITH LEGENDARIES AND TIER 2/3 EPICS AND TIER 4 RARES WHY? ITS NOT FAIR I AM MORE SKILLED THAN THOSE GUYS SO YES I DO THINK I AM BETTER THAN MY INFAMY SAYS

13. Kraptastic

Kraptastic Active Member

Sales
    When I see a thread complaining about someone dropping infamy, I want to ask, "Do you realize that the only common denominator in losing so many games is . . . YOU.!"

The Otherguy and Kitterini like this.
  14. Cpt Obvious

Cpt Obvious Well-Known Member

Good answer, thanks. You do however disturb this system every fortnight by resetting nightmare. I assume you've analysed the consequences of this?
    Even though you probably operate with a "true" infamy internally, intuitively I feel that something like this should cause ripples of infamy gains and losses through the infamy tiers, before the system stabilises some time later. Could this explain some of the cycles we experience?

(Just speaking from my ass here ofc based on gut feelings and insufficient data).

behumble and The Otherguy like this.
  15. FALCO

FALCO Active Member

No its not
    LOOK AT THIS
    Mk 5 SHOOTER
    TIER 3 epic BIG BERTHA
    TIER 1 LEGENDARY RAIL GUN
    TIER 4 RARE MISSILES
    TIER 4 EPIC SNIPER

VS

MK 4 ENFORCER
    TIER 3 RARE STANDARD CANNON
    TIER 2 RARE SNIPER
    TIER 2 RARE TESLA BOLT
    TIER 3 RARE OVERBOOST
    TIER 2 RARE BANDAGE
    TIER 2 RARE TURBO

BOTH AT 1700 INFAMY?

Shadow Moon! likes this.
  16. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

Sitting at 1628 infamy forever dropped 300 gained 200. I lost my interest, got 100 points up again dropped 300 points. I think I am getting worse day by day.
    Mark 4 speeder with tier 3 bc and tier 1 big torp

Last edited: 5 Sep 2017
  17. Kraptastic

Kraptastic Active Member

Sales
    Are their seal clubbers out there? Yes. Are those guys sometimes on your team? Yes. Chances are it is someone who has paid a lot of money, but still can't lead their shots. I'm at roughly 1700 infamy and my Enforcer is way better than the Enforcer in the previous post. Does that mean I'm a bad player? Maybe. But at least I'm not delusional about my abilities.

Shadow Moon! likes this.
  18. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

Me too mate. All the time I am running around freezing opponents and yelling at my teammates kill him kill him they run around a speeder *facepalm*.

19. FALCO

FALCO Active Member

Im not "delusional" about my abilities im "delusional" that theres actually people who think the matchmaking is fair WTF!?

20. Miika

Miika Game Lead

You partly answered the question by yourself. If you are a better player than them, they need better weapons to be equally competitive as you. Think of it this way: if you hit every shot and the other player hits only every other, he needs twice as powerful weapons to be on the same level as you. That is not a mismatch, it is an actual match. Match does not mean "Player with same gear than me". It means "Player I have 50-50% chance winning against". It you are playing, let's say professional chess, you are not matched against players who have the same sneakers than you or who are the same age than you. You are matched against players who gives you an equal challenge.

Yes, you are absolutely right on that. Having the reset does cause a bit of extra noise around the 4000 infamy marker at early seasons. However, we are in this case talking about 1700 infamy player, and the reset does not have any measurable impact that far away anymore.