1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Developer Blogs — Can we have them?

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Evilchicken235, 7 Nov 2017.

1. Evilchicken235

Evilchicken235 Well-Known Member

CSIE Student
    Wish that we could have a monthly developer blog to shed some light on future updates & upcoming content.
    It would really give us the players something to look forward to.
    We can also discuss the upcoming content and developers will have alot of feedback to work on, before it officially launches.

What do you guys think about this idea? What else can be included in it? How often?

2. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    They have a policy that they won’t share anything about future updates because they don’t want to say anything that is even a little uncertain. But maybe, I would like some, even if they would never actually come to the game

Evilchicken235 likes this.
  3. Evilchicken235

Evilchicken235 Well-Known Member

CSIE Student
    Excuse me for my ignorance but what’s the reason behind this policy? Is it that bad to share future updates? Isn’t that what all mainstream games do nowadays?

I feel like this game is designed like a single player game, it’s not fully utilizing the benefits of an active community or even trying to maintain/expand its community. Guild quests is a step in a good direction but so far it’s underwheming and more issues have come from it than what it’s trying to achieve.

Things could be so much better if Rovio would acknowledge its community as an valuable asset.

4. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

Rovio said that only part of the planned guild features would come with last patch, so we can expect more guild stuff to come in future patches.

The obvious reason not to share stuff that isn't 100% certain is that people on the internet always act like the world has ended when a developer said something that turns out not to be unambiguously true. If they said they planned to put in a certain feature, and then that feature had to be scrapped, there would be no end to the whining.

Evilchicken235 likes this.
  5. The Grim Repair

The Grim Repair Community Manager

That is something not possible at the moment. I see how it would be awesome to look into the future - or just to get some snippets of what might be coming up next, but at the moment we can not commit to doing something like that on a regular basis. It would mean that we would promise something that might actually change due to several reasons and then it would be more disappointing if something will not be implemented at that time. Maybe this is possible in the future.
    Just to set expectations straight.

What we are working on is, to share a communication (format not quite decided yet ;) so might be a blog or vlog) from developer point of view on hot topics - and questions we know you all care about.

Edit: damn, now I committed to doing this!!! :rolleyes:

6. Scourge Argaen

Scourge Argaen Well-Known Member

What about blogs for "Meet The Devs?", "Meet The Mods?" Or a "Meet The Team"?

Think it would be nice to get an idea about those who made the game, why they got into it and what they did to get to this point. With the team working behind the scenes we don't get to hear much from yourselves from a more social aspect.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  7. Tirth2_

Tirth2_ Well-Known Member

How about a Developer QnA? :p
    Selected Questions from community, answers from developers!

Scourge Argaen likes this.