1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Defense points totall rework

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by ShipCrusherCz, 14 Apr 2018.

?

Should be the defense points system changed?

1. yes (to % reduction of damage)

8 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. no (it shouldn't change)

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. no (but it needs some rework)

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. I don't care about this (not legit option) :)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

• I suggest totall rework of defense points, not just making the cap higher, but remaking the whole concept, I know this would need a lot of testing and balancing if we don't want to screw everything, numbers are just examples so only thing I really want is the system, % od damage reduction should change if devs decide to implement this new system to the game
    what about changing the current system (1 defense point= -1 damage point) with system when damage is reduced by X%
    • example:
    1. instead of lowering the damage by 50, the damage is lowered by 20%, you would recieve 1000 damage without defense, with current defense points system you should recieve 950 damage, but with the new system, you should recieve 800 damage
    2. but carronades: you would recieve 200 damage per shot without defense points now, with 50 defense points you should recieve 150 damage per shot, but with the new damage, you should recieve 160 per shot, quick maths: now: 150(damage per shot)×7(number of hits)=1050 totall damage now, new system 160(damag per shot)×7(number of hits)= 1120 totall damage you may think "WTF why would you want to increase real damage of carronades!?" simple answer: carronades are under-used (at least what I saw) so why not to buff more things by one change? changing defense system would buff defenders and it might send them back into game in higher amount and also slightly increase damage of under-used weapon
    3. but I think this must be followed by some restrictions for ships because this would make enforcers and shooters even stronger and more tanky and the problem with under-usage of defenders would stay, defenders should by tanky (their name DEFENDER=someone who defends somebody or something) but they aren't now as tanky as they should be, it's easier to use shooter with incerdible spam ability when you can have same hp as defender but you are faster and smaller, increasing durability of defenders might restore the balance in BB
    • I suggest that defender's max defense will be 35% (or 30%?), shooter's 20%, speeder's 10%, enforcer's 20%, fixer's 15%
    1. this is just my idea and I totally appreciate discussion about this topic

2. ShipCrusherCz

3. NoTzHoNg

NoTzHoNg Active Member

Battle Bay Player
    Stop tagging busy people

4. HAPPY SITHSHA

HAPPY SITHSHA Well-Known Member

Nice one.I like it +1:):):)

Nikkie! likes this.
  5. Capitan Defender

Capitan Defender Well-Known Member

defender's heaven fields
    And das how double carrotnade speders are returning back to BATTLE BAE

6. ShipCrusherCz

maybe yes, but they are now rare and it's not like doubling the current damage of carronades, it will just increase carronades damage slightly
    does it really hurt when carronade hit you (not the case when all shots hit you, but only some of them)?

7. Capitan Defender

Capitan Defender Well-Known Member

defender's heaven fields
    As a defender with invisible broken hitvox...yes it does... becoz all of em hit me

SlayerofSergeants likes this.
  8. ShipCrusherCz

I play defender too and usually one or two shots miss