1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Defense Item

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Guncaptain809, 7 Mar 2019.

?

Would a defense item be something you would consider using?

1. Yes

75.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Maybe, if it could compare to shields

25.0%
  1. Guncaptain809

Guncaptain809 Well-Known Member

One thing that has always disappointed me in this game is the lack of a use for the defense stat. Now I know the shield perks can raise defense, but to be quite frank, you get more bang for your buck with regular old health perks. What I think should be added, is a new blue item that raises defense, up to the point so that they can contend with shields. This would provide the game with even more variety in blue item builds, specifically for defenders, much like the the recently added big bandage.

In addition to this there would obviously have to be new perks for this item that raises defense by a substantial degree, and maybe make the old defense perks useable on any item. That way you could use them on, say, a turbo with extra perk slots for example. There should also be some kind of indicator for how much defense a boat has, such as a blue number next to the health bar. This would also stack with the Guardians items, Incase anybody was wondering.

This new item would be a 1-slot item that would, obviously, raise base defense by a noticeable amount. There could also be a 2-slot version of this as well, although that might be a bit unnecessary. I’m thinking that it would be called something like either simply a “Defense Shield”, or maybe something like “Defense Plating”. These are just ideas, I’m not really good with naming things.

In any case, I just think that it would be a way to, not only give defenders a somewhat indirect buff, but also to give other boats some more variety, since I know that Big Bandage is certainly an option on speeders and, to a lesser extent, enforcers. Tell me what you guys think in the comments. :)

Piku, Ultrah and GraveDragon like this.
  2. Nicolas

Nicolas Well-Known Member

Defense is something necessary to increase the survivability in Battles.
    I personally prefer a new defense system based on % instead of current flat defense system that significantly affect low damage per projectile weapons.

benguin8 and Piku like this.
  3. Guncaptain809

Guncaptain809 Well-Known Member

That’s what I was thinking. It would also make more sense since that’s how the guardians teal items work. It would also make upgrading such an item scale better with equivalent level weapons.