1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Defender semi-buff idea

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by SunlightDuck, 19 Jul 2017.

?

should Defender should get red slot earlier?

Poll closed 26 Jul 2017.
  1. at mark 3

7.1%
  2. at mark 4

64.3%
  3. at mark 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. stay the same(at mark 5)

28.6%
  1. SunlightDuck

SunlightDuck Active Member

Krusty Krab Keeper
    In my opinion, defender is way too weak, at lower levels especially, but I can see how a defender buff needs to be planned very precisely. But perhaps it would be a good idea to let defender get it's third weapon slot earlier. I suggest giving a red slot at mark 4 or mark 3 to give it a fighting chance against other ships, and maybe a 4 slot total. I personally feel that as a mark 4 defender, we should have a bit more fire power to give more a fighting chance to compensate for how easy of a target we tend to be. Any opinions?
    ps(this means that it gets a blue slot later though, so it's more balanced)

2. NAN0NAT3R

NAN0NAT3R Member

I think giving the red slot earlier would make it too good. At mk.4 shooter has 4 guns and defender has 2. If we give it a third weapon it would basically be almost a shooter with more health and blue slots. I play defender and would love to have my third weapon earlier but it will not happen.

Gipsy Danger Jaeger and Iunch like this.
  3. SunlightDuck

Krusty Krab Keeper
    But in return we would only have one more blue slot than a shooter, and still be slow and easy to target to counteract the health and defence. But yeah it might be a bit too op. But any defender buff could break the class... yet it needs one so bad

4. wallcolmx

wallcolmx Member

what if the defender ship is small just big as the rfixer enfo and shooter?

5. SunlightDuck

Krusty Krab Keeper
    the speed is still an issue... atleast I would say increase speed and turret speed by a bit... especially turret speed. WAY too slow

6. wallcolmx

wallcolmx Member

i hope so but other ships would also react to this asking for a upgrade too

7. Sightrasher

Sightrasher New Member

Defender is too weak also at higher levels, if u check leaderboard, you can notice top Defenders are all giant whales with crazy loadout and lot of money to throw in a game, unlike speeders especially and all other ships

8. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Defender is fairly good at all infamy ranges if used right. Just gotta know how to use it :)

SirCyrel likes this.
  9. Sightrasher

Sightrasher New Member

I know, I only use Defender, but sometimes it's annoying how hard is to even avoid mortars, you're too slow and big to avoid almost anything

10. SirCyrel

SirCyrel New Member

I think one problem with defenders lie in the level restrictions for leveling up Brock the blocker. The defender relies heavily on the blue slots and shields. I found it frustrating to be held back from training my blocker because I needed to level more. It would be nice to see a weapon slot sooner but it would also be nice to be able reach any tier I, II, III, etc, in any catagory at the same time. For example level III blocker not available till level 27 while same level in other areas already achieveable.

11. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

I'm now in the infamy range where I'm seeing lots of mk5 defenders and I can say that mk5 defenders are very deadly and game changing. I couldn't ever imagine mk4 defenders with 3 red slots

12. SirCyrel

SirCyrel New Member

Well I am 3 levels fr being able to buy my MK5. Perhaps then I can begin to climb again

13. CheekyDevilGod

CheekyDevilGod Well-Known Member

For the last time, the only buff defenders need is more defence. What difference does getting a red slot earlier or later make? .

You rise higher with more weapons is your logic but then you'll slow down again at the next mk level so what you guys are asking for is pointless.

If you have issues playing defender, check whether you are playing it right. Are you taking the lead and charging, are you defending or are you hiding at the back behind shooters and doing dmg from long range?.

The weapons don't matter as much as the blue slots, make sure you utilize each and every blue slot perfectly. If you need speed, get 1 turbo, if you need agility, get a gear lube.

Build how much ever of whatever you need and then use all the other slot on shields. If you are doing all these things right and yet can't get up in infamy then you need more quality items, keep upgrading them and you'll get there eventually

14. lolawola

lolawola Active Member

there are already other ships appearing at the top. no need for buff. just dedicate yourself to said boat and work on your skill.

15. Sightrasher

Sightrasher New Member

Yeah, but did you see their equip? Top Defenders have all crazy equip that allows them to win alone, unlike most top other ships...

16. CheekyDevilGod

CheekyDevilGod Well-Known Member

All the top ships have crazy gear, that's why they are at the top, not simply cause they have more mks

17. wallcolmx

wallcolmx Member

what gear/s to be exact are we talking? dual bandages? rudders? lubes?

18. Sightrasher

Sightrasher New Member

Not true. Only top Defenders are the ones with 10k$ equip...

19. Flying Bananasaur

Flying Bananasaur Active Member

The top will the the top. It does not represent the majority of the player base. I'm not saying you're wrong, but an argument that applies to all infamy ranges would be nice.

20. wallcolmx

wallcolmx Member

sometimes.i wonder regarding infamy of higher leagues if they are really that good or it is just luck or their equipment that brings them plus their skill