1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Defender question

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Circusham, 19 Jun 2017.

1. Circusham

Circusham New Member

At LVL 4 my defender gets another blue slot. What's the best combination here? 3 shields? 2 shields and a turbo? Gear lube instead of turbo? Anyone who regularly plays defender have a recommendation?

thanks!

2. mprovie

mprovie New Member

I assume you mean mk 3 since you are referring to three slots and mk 4 gets 4 slots. i got up to 1500 infamy with big shield standard shield and turbo. I've not tried gear lube though. I did try three shields and preferred the turbo. For mk 4 i plan on turbo and three shields but I need to level and try bandage too.

3. LOLdude

LOLdude Member

Just use big shield, bandage and turbo. It's a very well rounded combination.

wallcolmx likes this.
  4. Rango8

Rango8 Well-Known Member

IMO bandage isn't worth it until it's at least doing 50 hp every 5 seconds. Better off with another shield or a rudder to dodge attacks

David Bonaparte and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  5. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

If you are mk3, use a big shield, turbo and rudder. I have an epic turbo. That makes me both a fortress and a runner

6. wallcolmx

wallcolmx Member

precisely this is my set up before on mk3

7. wallcolmx

wallcolmx Member

can you post a pic od your defender men?

quite curious about ur speed and the rudder thing and your weapons

8. wallcolmx

wallcolmx Member

as of now here is mine got alot of stock weapons waiting for upgrade and the next 3rd slot

before my previous setup was rae shield and one big uncommon witj a rare turbo and a or a bandage Screenshot_20170620_194257.jpg Screenshot_20170620_162254.jpg

~CanadianGoddess~ likes this.
  9. Cool Penguin

Cool Penguin Member

OT: Loving the arrangement :oops: :heart-eyed emoji:

~CanadianGoddess~ likes this.
  10. wallcolmx

wallcolmx Member

Screenshot_20170619_093031.jpg just saw it from.other posts hehehe the lower layer were more on weapon parts waiting to be built

bwfore this was the setup

11. Kalbs

Kalbs Well-Known Member

Damn 1k infamy

12. wallcolmx

wallcolmx Member

actually it was 1400 something im on the top5 of the last warrior season but something happen it even dropped on 900-ish now its just 1k

13. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

I got to 1500 infamy with mk3 defender, big shield + small shield + turbo... planning to add rudder at mk4. Turn speeds are barely managable, without rudder I would probably not be able to turn at all with the mk4 speed decrease.

[​IMG]

14. Kalbs

Kalbs Well-Known Member

Back then I reached 1700 infamy Mk3 defender using big shield+standard shield and turbo. I was planning to use a rudder too because it's so freaking slow

SunlightDuck likes this.
  15. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Yeah, dude, wait two days. Im on a vacation, and the game crashed a lot. So by 23rd, maybe

16. CheekyDevilGod

CheekyDevilGod Well-Known Member

Lol, I used shields on all 3 slots

And I will add another shield with mk4 too

Aiming to be the tankiest defender ever

17. wallcolmx

wallcolmx Member

but your speed will be slow and if you caught on a crossfire of the other group your hp will drop instantly

18. CheekyDevilGod

Sad point with this setup is that your skills can't save you

You are 1 big fat target that can neither move, nor hit much

But I still manage to do really well

In some games I even do max damage and kills

Being tanky gives you a huge advantage

Especially at higher infamy levels

Everybody at the higher levels know that the defender is one big fat loser with a slow gun and an easy target to blow up so they ignore you and save you for the last

This setup works on the lower levels too cause everybodys looking for the ship with the lowest hp

As long as I don't wander off, get surrounded and yell "KILL ME NOW! I'M A SACRIFICE!". I can manage

19. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

You don't need full shields to be the tankiest person around though... typically as defender all it takes is 1 big shield and you're already the highest HP ship in the bay. The difference is that if you get turbo and rudder, you're also a threat, while if you got neither, you can barely do anything and are just a HP sack

20. CheekyDevilGod

Not true

I second main defender and I do great damage and multi kills too sometimes

Now and then I make a mistake and don't end up doing enough damage or end up dying too soon but else

I'm doing great