1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Defender Now Shoots Over Targets Close Range

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Ænima, 11 Sep 2018.

1. Ænima

Ænima Active Member

Any other Defenders notice that close range combat is buggy post update? If I’m up close target lock on i now often shoot over my target.

2. HappyUnicorn10

HappyUnicorn10 Member

BB devs ruined the game and all the fun. why should some devs introduce new unwanted things when everything going fine?
    if devs keep doing things against of the will of the players community then the game will not last too long.

3. SlayerofSergeants

SlayerofSergeants Well-Known Member

Yes, particularly when turret is swinging around, I can shoot WAAAY over or WAAY under. It used to be much more snappy in terms of elevation correction.

I've had problems with vertical for more than a month though. Tried turning off predictive and turning it back on. I think my latency has something to do with it.

The past several updates have incrementally increased my latency. I used to play at 60 ms, but now I'm lucky if I'm under 120 ms. My internet speed tests don't indicate any change in my service. Feels like every update is reducing optimization.

4. HappyUnicorn10

HappyUnicorn10 Member

dude ping tells how far you are on internet and the BB server (which is in USA) whoever is in USA gets lowest ping others get higher ping

5. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

A lot of the latency is at the user end. My normal ping at home is about 190ms over wifi, but if I play over ethernet it drops to 87ms.

SlayerofSergeants likes this.
  6. HappyUnicorn10

HappyUnicorn10 Member

i from india and i get around 350ms average.

7. SlayerofSergeants

SlayerofSergeants Well-Known Member

Well, for some reason, my ping to BB has gotten progressively worse over the past couple of updates. It was consistently 60-70ms in December-February, and has degraded continuously over past several updates. Now I'm lucky to get under 120ms.

Also,
    How do you play with this?

When I hit 150+ (this is happening on the regular these days) the enemy boats start skipping/sliding around the screen. I fire and they teleport out of the way...

Darth Reaper and super_sonic181 like this.
  8. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

I have seen this in my enforcer and shooter even pre update. Target lock hovers just over the top of the targeted ship. It might have something to do with latency or ping? Their ping is telling the server they are in a location but mine (ours) are showing them somewhere else.

Ænima and SlayerofSergeants like this.
  9. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

I always play this game with ping over 150 and it's ok for me, lol

10. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

I'm no expert but I think ping is relative. If everyone in the match has close to the same ping the visual latency will be smooth. On the flip side of one person has abnormally higher or lower ping than the average ping for the players in said match, they will appear to jump around.

11. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

It might have more to do with stability. I always play with a ping above 150, and it’s pretty much perfect; but then that’s my stable connection speed. That’s what it’s supposed to be when there is nothing wrong.

If you usually play with 60-80, and your ping suddenly shoots above 150 then the implication is that something has gone wrong, because that’s not normal for you. So your connection has also likely become unstable.

You might want to have someone take a look at your line. I was having problems a few months ago with my internet slowing down, and it turned out that flooding had corroded some of the brass splitters in the junction box outside, and it was causing interference on my line.

12. FearsomeChicken

FearsomeChicken Well-Known Member

Yes there definitely something wrong with it. I'm a defender and it happened to me after the update, I keep on missing point blank shots, especially when the turret has just rotated to a new target. The crosshair shows that I'm on target, but when I fire, the bullet lands below the target. It isn't to do with ping, my mid range and long range shots have no problem. Now I have to actually wait for 1 sec after switching targets at brawling range in order to not miss.

13. HappyUnicorn10

HappyUnicorn10 Member

ping that appears in game depends on the game server software too which handles input from game(client) besides the internet route. Hence its not just normal network ping.
    It also means ping can be more even though your network is working fine with high speed and BB's Amazon server is running smoothly.

May be BB game server taking much time to process inputs.

super_sonic181 likes this.
  14. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I, too, normally play at 300+ ms, doesn't stop me from kicking *bass boost* and taking names

super_sonic181 and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  15. Breezi

Breezi New Member

Yes happens every game for me loses target lock and shoots over them and sometimes right through them

16. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

I have a lot when I tried defender. Especially in close-quarter combat when a player is on the side of my boat moving towards behind my boat

17. JediKnight1968

JediKnight1968 Active Member

Thank God I'm not crazy. Other people see this too.
    First time this happened thought "just a glitch" second, third , fourth not so funny anymore. We dont have a lot of guns to be missing close combat shots.
    Also target hopping has been a nightmare for me. I lose target and the target hops wildly left and right.
    Also when I have a target right in front of me, remove target lock the target always goes long long away from me.
    Heloooooooo threat is next to me you should lock thereeeeeeee.

18. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

I'm having the same issue too, and it's really annoying when the enemy is right in front of me and cross hair turn green, but then it shoots way above the tagret. I don't think it's the ping that's causing it to miss because
    1. It didn't happen up until this update, but ping was there forever.
    2. My ping is usually 20-40 and I still have this issue.

19. JediKnight1968

JediKnight1968 Active Member

Happened right now three times in a row. Circling around an enemy at very close range, 3 shots, two over, one under, lost the match.
    Great job Rovio you try to fix what isn't broken and brake it and what is broken is never fixed.

20. Ænima

Ænima Active Member

Thinking the same thing. My setup hasn't changed since before the update, but this missing point blank shots is new. Don't think it's latency/ping.