1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Defender help

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by DumboWumbo, 24 Jun 2017.

?

Which one is better/needed more and why

1. Defender

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  2. Fixer

11 vote(s)
    73.3%
  1. DumboWumbo

DumboWumbo Member

Why is defender underused
    And are more fixer or defenders needed

2. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Defenders are a big target. Hard to miss when shooting at a defender. Makes me not wanna use it

~CanadianGoddess~ likes this.
  3. ~CanadianGoddess~

~CanadianGoddess~ Member

The thing is, the fixer and defender are completely different, and there's probably a different demand for each.
    Fixers are kinda like the doctors in war, and I think that one SKILLED fixer is good for a team.
    And where defenders are concerned, it depends on the rest of the ships in the team. However, it's good to have a variety of ships on your side.

4. DumboWumbo

DumboWumbo Member

Thx that made my decision much easier have good day and again thanks : )

~CanadianGoddess~ likes this.
  5. ~CanadianGoddess~

~CanadianGoddess~ Member

6. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

When you're close to your allies the enemy usually doesn't target you though, because lower HP target is more attractive to take down first

I'll add my 2 cents since defender and fixer is all I play. They're both good, but there is one big difference: on defender I have far more control over the match outcome, while on fixer I depend fully on my teammates. When you have a great team, fixer is really fun to play, but when your team sucks, there's very little you can do as fixer, since you're stuck with the healing role and all you can do is heal bad players. While when your team sucks and you're defender, you can still make enough damage to at least get 1 star when losing, or sometimes even turn the tide and win.

7. wallcolmx

wallcolmx Member

there are also time that a fixer sticks to a deFender where in he already had a shield at the same time continiously healing the defender while attacking

8. wallcolmx

wallcolmx Member

can you post your defender and fixer men

9. Gloryah

Gloryah Member

I have MK4 Fixer and MK3 Defender. I pretty much agree with Miathan.
    Fixer:
    I have to be fast to get around to all of my team, and I am. I have turbo and overboost. But damn...those shooters get spread out and I have a devil of a time trying to heal everyone. I've taken to using duct tape just to keep myself alive after all the hits I take. I'm at the mercy of the quality of my team.
    Defender:
    My Defender is more like "Mobile Artillery" than "Heavy Armor". I sport mortar and grenade launcher, lots of shields and overboost for a bit more speed. Problem is, I need open overhead. The other problem...after taking a few shots on the enemy, they quickly realize that they need to focus on me. I can take some hits and this would be a good thing IF my team is smart and presses their attack while I'm the focus. Sometimes my team isn't so smart...I die quick...and we eventually lose.
    btw, I lucked out and found an Epic Carronade. I LOVE this weapon on my Fixer. Unfriends had better not try to bum-rush me or I'll knock a chunk out of your health. LOL!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Captain_Perry

Captain_Perry Active Member

I do think that defenders are underused due to it being a big slow target, but with the correct tactic you can play it well. Still, I don't see defenders on around top 50 worldwide (fixers do enter top 50), therefore I think it needs to be more balanced.

11. Gloryah

Gloryah Member

No disputes, but I should caution you about wishing for "balance". Too often I've seen game developers respond to demands for balance and just end up screwing things up even worse.

12. wallcolmx

wallcolmx Member

how bout some known defendera like oata wdk or porth0s?

13. Epekka

Epekka Well-Known Member

Yeah.

14. ChAmP/-'''''

ChAmP/-''''' New Member

I play a proud Mk3 Defender - currently at 1200+ infamy levels. So a few comments from my-side:
    Defender as I see is big bully kind-of boat in the battle - as earlier posted by someone having tons of health mean defender can take the focus of enemy and draw attention, thereby saving teammates/allowing them to refocus/regroup.
    Also Defender can play an important leadership role in a battle - having big health allows him to survive longer (provided he is well supported by teammates) thus he can control the game,focus on certain enemy boats and try to barrage them along with teammates, thus acting as a shield+hard hitting weapon altogether.
    Using defender I see is kind of easy as compared to other boats due to less shifting (2 weapon slots at lower levels/3 at mk5 onward) and blue items work in the back (no yellow/greens). So its a relaxed usage kind-of boat giving you more time to spend on 2 weapons you have/focus on battle better (though you are limited to fewer weapons is a limitation too).
    I see Defender is great in 1on1 situations - you can go close fearlessly keep pounding the enemy knowing you would out survive (situational/skill needed )
    Being slow is truly a curse for a defender which can be tackled well with good choice of weapons - imo sniper cannon a must for escaping speeders/long range hits. second/third weapon can be heavy damage ones like a torp,big bertha,firebomb,firegun etc.

FearsomeChicken and wallcolmx like this.
  15. wallcolmx

wallcolmx Member

agreed with some of the points he mentioned i've seen some and its also what i do in some battles hitting one enemy hard and lock.on him and press the "attack" focusing the shooters' and my teams barrage on the ship ..i mainly target fixers especially if i notice how fast the healing factor he/she can generate

but still all of this can be done with some team cooperation

16. Travi5

Travi5 Member

As a shooter I always provide support for my defender. When my Defender refuses to push forward and remains behind the fleet I cry a little inside.

17. wallcolmx

wallcolmx Member

leave him or left him with the fleet that way he could be a bait hehehe

18. bambam1912

bambam1912 New Member

Gücü severim.
    Defans seviyorum

[ORTAM = flash] zk4uJbtSCGc [/ ORTAM]

19. Jayaramdbz

Jayaramdbz Member

Ya porthos is one of the very good defenders