1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Dear speeders, I'm sick and tired of constantly losing matches because of you

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Wishaal, 25 Jul 2017.

1. Wishaal

Wishaal Well-Known Member

alright speeders, listen up. Together doesn't mean 4 ships sticking together and speeder going rambo. Why on earth would you scout the enemy while your team didn't even got the chance to regroup. And why on earth don't you just run away once you've found the enemy? Why do you always have to be that retard who dies in the first 30 seconds? How on earth did you even manage to get over 2000 infamy with brains like that?

seriously speeders, stop suiciding. And when you're scouting, do you even know why you're scouting? Sometimes it's smarter to let the enemy come to you instead of looking for them. And why on earth do you still want to scout if you're the only speeder in your team and enemy got 2 or 3 speeders. That's just asking to die early.

And when your team is fighting 4 vs 5, why on earth do you need to cirkle around the whole map before joining the fight? Why can't you just take the fastest route imstead of the longest?

And how on earth are you always the first ships to get hit with big torpedos while slow shooters and even defenders have got no trouble dodging those?

I'm just sick and tired of getting retarded speeders like that in my team all the time. Whenever I see speeders with a certain name in my team, I already know that the retard speeder will mess it up. So please use your brains a little bit more alright? (And with a little bit, I mean alot more).

2. ~ HuNteR ~

~ HuNteR ~ New Member

Never been a speeder for the sole reason :p

3. Captain Gilligan

Captain Gilligan Well-Known Member

Freelance Motion Designer
    And that right there is why I want to change from speeder to enforcer :p I have a high level turbo and OB on my mk5 speeder and it's forward speed is too much for me while the turning speed is unbelievably slow. I will admit to dying early from torpedos and mines BECAUSE of all that speed. Shooters and defenders move slower, but speeders speed makes them unable to see everything is front of them :/ Annnnnd BOOM, you are dead and it's 4 v 5. I've been using speeder for so long now and it only seems to get more and more difficult the more experience I have for some reason.

4. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

Honestly what i noticed, the ones who usually screw game for me are mostly Shooters and Defenders. But I feel you, it really sucks to get teammates like that.

5. Biffter

Biffter Active Member

Amen to that.
    Problem is..are they actually that bad?..they got that high after all..or are they simply avoiding floating detection? Some will say..maybe they're trying speeder for the 1st time..possible..but I've seen MANY speeders do this and speeder is the only boat that they've levelled up.
    Since last update...I rarely see floating(if I do..I report..let the Devs find out if they are constantly doing it)..but the amount of suiciders I've seen has increased by a LOT.
    I'm guessing the seal clubbers now know they can drop a certain amount and get away with it.
    Mk4 boats doing 200-300 damage then dying?..nah..something aint right.

6. Captain Gilligan

Captain Gilligan Well-Known Member

Freelance Motion Designer
    One game I ran into 3 torpedos in a row and died......(why did I tell you that)

7. What's Up Player

Lucky you

Captain Gilligan likes this.
  8. Biffter

Biffter Active Member

Lol..at least you're honest about it:)
    But I bet it doesn't happen again and again..yep I've seen some good speeders out there..but for the majority of games I see a speeder in my team..I think ah crap..more often than not ..ah crap is spot on.

9. What's Up Player

I wonder what infamy level are you guys sitting on? Because I really don't see many Speeders doing stupid stuff like that in my infamy range (1600 - 2000). Maybe it's because I'm Speeder myself, and I usually try to make them follow me and not do some stupid suicidal stuff.

10. SharkTank

SharkTank Active Member

This really comes down to the pilot more than any other ship.

A good speeder pilot will go scout the enemy team and get out without taking damage. That's super helpful.

A bad speeder pilot will do the same and die before the rest of us can even get in range.

Speeders should be a distraction, and often times the best pilots are exactly that.

But as an MK4 Shooter, nothing is worse than seeing 3 MK5 speeders on the red team. By then, they generally know how to play, and I know I'm only going to win if I get lucky with big torps hitting.

fr4nk1yn likes this.
  11. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn Well-Known Member

Aren't speeders supposed to go "Rambo"?

When a speeder comes through and starts lobbing torps, or better yet mines, or just take some pot shots the friends lose focus on staying together, chase after the it, and end up getting flanked by the 4 speeders.
    Super effective when a skilled speeder does it IMO.

hmmm... looks like I just repeated the about post.

12. Wishaal

Wishaal Well-Known Member

No matter how skilled the speeder or any other ship for that matter, there is just no way on this whole universe (let alone earth), that you can win 5 vs 1. they sacrifice their lives just to deal some damage. But after a few seconds the fixer has healed al that damage and thus making their sacrifice useless. And even if enemy doesn't have a fixer, only dealing 1 or 2 shots before dying simply isn't worth dying for.

fr4nk1yn likes this.
  13. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn Well-Known Member

My point wasn't to die. It was a speeder blasting through taking some shots, then circling back, turns players in a direction they shouldn't be. I've seen it happen many times. No amount of "Negative!" "Together!" gets them back.

14. WarCream

WarCream Well-Known Member

Well that's the reason rudder exist

15. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Us speeders be like
    s6i6Q.gif

16. JDAR

JDAR Active Member

In all fairness there are several strategies ever since the nerf we are not as fast and not as tough so circleing around is a smart move somtimes
    And unless it's a fixer signaling together I always take it to mean attack together and focus fire not all go the same way.
    And the torpedo thing
    We are often much closer in combat band also are moving much faster so it's hard to come to a dead stop or move if the other side aimed well.

17. Cyberfisch

Cyberfisch Active Member

I'm a Speeder!
    My whole Life in the Bay I use most exclusively Banana Boats and Swift is my best Friend!
    With the experience of more then 9000 Battles I determine that what you say...
    ...is absolut c o r r e c t and your words express better i ever could what I feel and observe!
    May all that Speeders you mention read this and rethink their tactics!
    Ha, ha - you're so right!
    But when I am One of these three; the first one goes with Nitro on scouting; the second one runs with OverBoost in a Big Torpedo. And I end up, as last speeder standing, in an unwinnable Fight.
    When I hear the noise of a turbo at the beginning of the battle, I do not expect anything good.
    Mostly I wait at the starting point until the opponent has developed. Or I lie in an ambush and look for easy targets, spread my torpedoes and try to weaken the fixer.
    My most important task is to intercept enemy speeder and then attack the opponent from the side or from behind.
    I am like a shark, all boats with little HP are my preferred targets.
    I am the cavalry of the bay, quickly from one place to another to help one in trouble!
    And in this way I interpret the role of a speeder.
    I am often the last in the battle, often causing more damage than others and sometimes more than all the other MK4/5 Shooters in my team together.
    And this is a point about which I can get really angry - but this is another thread!

Happy Battling & See You All in the Bay.

Jdm7 likes this.
  18. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure "Together" does mean 4 of us sticking together and Speeder going rambo. Though, when I think of "rambo" I think of scouting and potshotting, like I do on Enforcer, maybe even assassination if they're good enough. Not just rushing in and hoping the enemy misses. All the other points made by OP are totally correct, though.

I get kind of annoyed if Speeders think "Together" really means them sticking with us. You aren't a Shooter, I'm not here to do your job, don't stay behind us with your measly one or two guns and pretend you're doing something. While this is slightly better than them dying at the start of the match and doesn't happen as often, we're still at a disadvantage if our Speeder is too much of a coward. No scouts, no damage, and as soon as an enemy gets close they run away. They basically do nothing, unless the rest of the team can get close enough to winning the 4v5 to allow them to kamikaze yet fail to kill people on low HP.

Another tip to Speeders is to avoid a wild melee with ships you absolutely cannot win against. It's almost funny, every Speeder I see trying to engage in a 1-on-1 with a Defender without a Tesla Bolt. They can't even land their Big Torpedoes, but for some reason they won't back out. I had fun with an Epic Carronade on my Enforcer for a while, using it almost entirely on Speeders who have infinite tunnel-vision for targets they shouldn't even be fighting. They roll up to circle around a guy at close-range while the rest of his team, me specifically, is standing right there. Do Speeders not understand that Enforcers consider them food?

19. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Sometimes us speeders can't stick together because we get spammed by firebombs trying to do so. And we gotta go on a Need For Speed chase time to time x)

Cyberfisch likes this.
  20. CheekyDevilGod

CheekyDevilGod Well-Known Member

Remember me?

I've played with you, you were good