1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Crew need more sugar that max

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Lookas, 25 Jun 2017.

Tags:
  1. Lookas

Lookas Member

Well,how am I supposes to lvl up bhurt?
    He requires 480k and my max storage is 400k =)))))
    Idk why but this is rather funny to me
    Watch out devs
    Screenshot_20170625-172724.png

2. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Use pearls beyond your max.

3. VidarUlv

VidarUlv New Member

Unemployed
    This is pretty scummy by the developers. The captain level requirements should be more than enough of a limiter. Don't force people to use pearls because it's impossible for them to reach the amount of sugar needed to get the upgrade at the level you unlock the talent.

Miathan, dikshift and Mamamyers like this.
  4. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

It's not scrummy, it's supposed to control the level of player to better distribute the training to other CREW members. The workaround works though, and you don't need to spend money to get pearls. Just using the ones you have collected from ads is fine.

5. VidarUlv

VidarUlv New Member

Unemployed
    Why would that be needed though? You already need to spread out to earn enough experience to level up, why limit it even further?
    To me it seems like they made the sugar storage this small solely to get people to spend even more pearls "needlessly". In my opinion you should always be able to buy the talent if you have enough sugar and your level is high enough.

6. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Here we go again.. Search function is here for a reason.

Level something else and in a few levels you can keep going, problem solved. End of thread.

7. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Because there needs to be prerequisites before being able to upgrade or acquire things. Your reasoning can apply to level of ships too and asking why Captain levels are necessary for MK6 and why not just gold?

8. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

I know how it feels. But that's the system and it works fine.
    With careful planning and saving pearls you can get beyond the level requirements and sugar.
    I'm level 36(cap is 1.25mil)but i have Bhurt at level 28.

[​IMG]

You can do it too.

9. VidarUlv

VidarUlv New Member

Unemployed
    I have no problems with the captain levels as I feel I've already made myself clear with. I just feel that you being forced to use pearls because you are incapable of holding enough sugar to get the upgrade when you unlock it is absurd. It is ONLY there to make people buy more pearls. If you can get past it by saving up pearls, then good on you.

10. Kalbs

Kalbs Well-Known Member

You need to level up first. It's not that hard to understand.

11. Kitterini

You arent forced - The sugar cap increases every time you level up. You have the option to jump a few levels further than sugar cap, but it is in no way required to fight people around your current infamy.

Level something else for a few weeks and dont worry too much about it.

12. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

If this is OK then why not allow pearl use for all skill levels? This mixed bag is confusing with level requirements on most and pearl requirements on others. I'd lean toward level requirements... this pearl usage to overcome storage capacity is most definitely a money grab for Rovio.

13. retryW

retryW Well-Known Member

Most of you are missing the point of the thread.
    There already ARE level caps for training. To get BHURT to lvl 13 I need to be cap'n lvl 20. However at certain levels as per the image in this thread, you are the correct cap'n lvl to get the skill but simply cannot hold that many pearls. If you can't have enough pearls for it, why not have it lvl capped like my example ^ ? The ONLY reason to do this is as a money grab for pearl users. It's pretty dumb but that is the reason for it and there is no other reason for doing it that way.

VidarUlv likes this.
  14. Kitterini

We can agree that the game is designed very greedy with much heavier focus on profit than fun.

But this issue is not within the top 50 of things to complain about.

Theres a soft cap that incites pearl spending & a hard cap -- But unlike items there is no significant downside to waiting a few weeks with training the next level, there is plenty of other captains to train.

Focus your complaining on important issues, this aint one of them.

15. VidarUlv

VidarUlv New Member

Unemployed
    What we're arguing is that it's consumer unfriendly to have to level up even further than what's advertised to get it, unless you spend pearls.
    "Oh I just need to reach level 20 to unlock X talent!" And when you get there and you've save up your sugar, you finally realize that you are unable to even hold the required amount of sugar to get the level. So either you wait a few more levels, which could take several days or a week or so. Or you spend your pearls, which you can buy for real money.

You are forced to spend pearls on some talents IF you want to get the talent when you actually UNLOCK it. Its a system that's there so people spend more money on pearls, and I disagree with it.

16. Kitterini

Of all the ways they are trying to incite pearl usage this is the least intrusive, aside perhaps for people suffering from severe OCD (in which case freemium games is probably best avoided).

Just treat sugarcap as the level cap and move on. Waiting a few levels is not a big deal in any way or form.

Kalbs likes this.
  17. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

I'm personally not that bothered by it, but I do think it's weird design.

Do you realize that this is a free to play game? Last I saw some official data being shared in an F2P mobile game (though it wasn't Battle Bay), the amount of players that ever spend any money at all was about 5%. Those 5% need to pay the developer's salaries, server costs, etc. You call it "greedy" but the reality is that they need money just like all of us, and the fewer people end up spending money, the more those people have to spend for the game to stay profitable.

This is why every F2P game focuses on whales nowadays. It's a problem created not by the devs, but by the 95% who never spend money on the games they play.

Kalbs likes this.
  18. Kalbs

Kalbs Well-Known Member

Lmao this people accusing the devs of being greedy yet here we are playing a F2P game that you can compete on a high level without spending money.

19. Lord Drek

Lord Drek Member

Yep. Its the too proud to pay crowd that have given birth to these types of problems. I played another game for a long time that was way less PTW and I was amazed at how many full time adult players would refuse to spend a dime when they could more than afford it. Even when $20-50 woulda caught them right up with the pack they would choose to tread water or even be left behind.

Its real easy math. If you play for more than an hour a day then your enjoyment time is worth it. For the price of one cup of premium coffee every 10 days you could be swimming in pearls with the diver. might even get to evolve that favorite weapon. now wouldnt that be worth it?

20. VidarUlv

VidarUlv New Member

Unemployed
    I've already spent over 50 dollars on this game so don't come in here with broad sweeping statements, all it does is reveal you as a fool. I'm complaining about it because I feel it's a disingenuous barrier; capping your sugar limit lower than the cost of the talent at the level you unlock it. It's a thing which gives people who are willing to spend money on pearls an even bigger advantage over F2P people. I feel that this is the wrong way of monetizing the game.

When it says that you unlock a talent at level X you should be able to unlock said talent at that level without being forced to spend pearls. I