1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Creation of "weak spots" on ships.

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by JoshW, 10 Dec 2018.

1. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

The concept of this idea is to allow players with the skill to aim precise shots to deal more damage.

This would be a smaller, secondary hitbox that when hit by a weapon grants bonus damage to the attacker.

I'm thinking something like this:
    Base Damage + 10% = Bonus damage.

It would be a smaller area on the back of the ships that coincides with a visual detail of the ship. I.e the battery on an enforcer.

Cannons would benefit the most from this seeing how they are able to hit a precise location but hitting the weak spot will grant bonus damage to ANY weapon that inflicts damage on that spot.

For splash damage weapons (mortars, torps, grenades) whether or not the bonus damage occurs depends on the location of the weak point in relation to the impact site.
    The closer the impact, the more base damage you deal meaning if you hit the weak point you get higher bonus damage.

The bonus damage would need to be a percentage for the following reasons.
    Weapons with high burst damage (arguably the hardest to shoot accurately) benefit the most while low damage/rapid fire weapons benefit less.
    DoT weapons (Fire) also get lower benefits since they do less damage per tick.

There are also many strategic benefits to implementing this idea.

- Making strategic plays (flanking, assassination, distraction) will yield higher benefits to your team increasing he chances of a win.

- Players who routinely retreat or don't pay attention to their positioning are more likely to take extra damage.

- Many players lack awareness of hull direction which is a key element to firing accurately. This idea will add incentive to pay attention and land more shots.

- Ships that are most likely to hit these spots are already low on hp and firepower. I.e. Speeders/Enforcers. This could help even the playing field just a tad.

Let me know what you think!!

El cactus and Sidd gamer like this.
  2. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

If you like this idea head over to the Toobers Discord and vote to pass the idea on to the Dev team. Follow the Discord link in the community section in-game. I need 22 more votes before the developers see the idea.

3. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

Now at 20/35 votes needed to get this in front of the devs!!

El cactus and Sidd gamer like this.