1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Comparing carronade with cannon (issues with them)

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Ghast1ygr1d, 12 May 2017.

1. Ghast1ygr1d

Ghast1ygr1d New Member

if i were to use a carronade in battle the most logical ship to use is speeder right? But a speeder with a cannon is much more effective and sure there are also talents and upgrades but swift's talents cant support a carronade enough to be a more essential weapon in battle, due to the fact that a cannon is more stronger because 1. each cannon upgrade significantly highers the weapons damage but each carronade upgrade is significantly lower(about o.5 i think)
    2. both of them has the same reload speed but the cannon has the range advantage
    So i propose that the devs would either lower the reload speed of the carronade about 4 sec, or higher the reload speed of a cannon about 7.5,
    Or add the carronade way more shells but lower the damage of each shells of course and give it more range and make it some kind of barrage. (i know thats probably a bit too much) and that would be the end of my ideas and issues of this topic

2. TheRedSpeeder

TheRedSpeeder Well-Known Member

Carronades are getting quite dangerous after reciving more projectiles on higher talent levels so this is not possible. In top leagues carronade would kill ships in less than 15 secs if reloading would be lowered. Cannon is not even nearly as dangerous when both high level (epic carronade t5 and 7 projectiles deals about 1300-1400 dmg (one projectile about 150-200 dmg depending on perks rarity) if all hits and cannon deals 500-800 dmg with same speed)

wreck your day likes this.
  3. Ghast1ygr1d

Ghast1ygr1d New Member

Well im only a week old in the game but on early levels the cannon kicks butt and the carronade is barely mediocre in battles because people would target you instantly when close range

4. TheRedSpeeder

TheRedSpeeder Well-Known Member

Yes and that's why different weapons are needed in different stages in game. Anyway now you know carronade can deal more dmg and isn't needing anymore power up or faster relaoding :)
    Happy battling and hopefully I'll see you some day in ace/nightmare leagues

5. Ghast1ygr1d

Ghast1ygr1d New Member

And maybe they should tweak the early level gameplay

6. Ghast1ygr1d

Ghast1ygr1d New Member

Yeah thanks

TheRedSpeeder likes this.
  7. Y0ur_Fath3r

Y0ur_Fath3r Member

How abt carronade vs cannon on enforcer? my playstyle is OB and Nitro, planning to add TS when i reach mk6.
    My weps are Blast cannon + Flare gun.
    Thinking abt what i shld equip as third wep - Carronade or cannon.

8. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

As I said, carro is more of a latemid-end game weapon. Youre currently better off with cannon