1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Choosing Your Favorite Map

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by TonyStar123, 18 May 2018.

?

Should there be a specific map matchmaking

1. Yes

2. No

3. I don't care

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. TonyStar123

TonyStar123 Active Member

With the new update sneak peak being shown, I thought why not add a map matchmaking system into the game. For example, you can choose what map you want and don't want to play. However, I think there should be a limit like you have to pick a certain amount of map before you can battle. This way people wouldn't just choose one map for the rest of their time playing battle bay.

Mundungous likes this.
  2. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

No, that will lead to less diverse ships and weapons per map.

TheAntiSnipe and Rainbow Warrior like this.
  3. TonyStar123

I don't see how that will lead to less diverse ships but the developers could make it so you gain less infamy?

4. TonyStar123

It's not like the shooters already took over the bay. 5 to 8 shooters each game, I'm sure that's diverse

ViscountSniffit likes this.
  5. SeaNavy

It will lead to less diverse because people with ships or weapons that have advantages in certain maps will choose those maps, like mortar spammers will only choose maps with open areas...

6. TonyStar123

Well then go choose a map with less open areas like wayward and damage depot. The point of this idea is to give people a choice.

7. SeaNavy

But there's still the weapon part. And right now there are 5-9 shooters in a game, if this happens there are gonna be 0-2 or 7-10 shooters in a map depending on map. Giving the people the choice to play in which maps they want to makes the matches have less varied ships and weapons because the certain builds that have advantages in certain maps will choose those maps.

8. TonyStar123

Like i said make it like less infamy loss and gain. This can balance it out

9. TonyStar123

I don't see how certain builds helps out in different maps. In my opinion, As long as you can good with your own custom builds there is no reason why you shouldn't do good on any map. I guess you can say mortars are bad on wayward but the developers made enough room in wayward for mortar users.

10. Mundungous

Mundungous Member

I think it's a good idea, selective or random choice, the two never have to meet, those that want to still play randomly can or you could switch between the two, would give more experience of individual maps, I think people would be more likely to try out different ships and set ups if they knew what maps were coming... Would lead to more diversity in the core game I feel..

TonyStar123 likes this.
  11. SeaNavy

I'm not saying that they will win easily, for the other team will most likely have the same tpye of players. What in saying is that it will lead to more repetitive battle versing the same types of players over and over again, making it boring.

The Otherguy likes this.
  12. TonyStar123

Well, the normal matchmaking will still exist. You can go play those

13. SeaNavy

There shouldn't be two modes that are almost exactly the same. Maybe it can just be a limited time kind of event.

The Otherguy likes this.
  14. Hokuse

Hokuse Well-Known Member

Nope bad idea. Some weapons are stronger than others in some maps, like mortars in chill zone or mines in wayward pains. Also some ships are stronger than others in some maps too, like speeders in subzero or shooters in destruct 8. Players only will choose best maps for his/her ship. Im a speeder and if i bored subzero or fight house and wanna play some games in wayward pains im gonna see miner enforcers everywhere or triple sniper cannoner-railguner shooters in destruct 8. Same for you. Because of that it is a bad idea.

15. SeaNavy

Finally, someone agrees with me. People were showering me with things that had nothing to do with my point.

16. TonyStar123

Like I said there are also down sides to this idea. Less infamy gain and loss. You have to choose a certain amount of map for the matchmaking. For example, you have to pick 3 maps. Then the matchmaking will pick a random one from that map. And if you don't like this kind of matchmaking go play the normal one. It's not like the normal one is even worse. The Shooters have basically taken over the bay.

17. TonyStar123

What do you mean nothing to do with your point, I said it makes it more interesting. You're saying it will make it less diverse but it is already less diverse.

18. SeaNavy

1. It will make it less interesting because you will face the same players over and over again.
    2. It will make it less diverse because right now, even the shooters have different loadouts even thought there are lots of them, but if they get to choose maps they will choose the map that their item works best on so this makes weapons less diverse. And ships. It's not always all shooters in a battle, sometimes there are two or less shooters in a battle.
    FYI there was already a thread on this now that I think about it.

wreck your day and The Otherguy like this.
  19. Hokuse

Hokuse Well-Known Member

It isn't a real solution. If the problem is number of shooters, you should look into balance of ships not random map matching. Number of shooters are high than others from begining of the game because basically shooter are more powerful than others in most of situations. I don't saying shooters are OP or there is unfairness. This is a battle game. Your goal is destroy every unfriend ships and you just doing that with using red items. So the problem is shooter ship itself. Game is designed like this, there is nothing to do about that but living with.

20. TonyStar123

1. How would you face the same players over and over again if there is over 5 million players playing this game.
    2. It is already less diverse and I'm just trying to make this matchmaking more interesting.