1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Cheating Guild Mates?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Rez Messing, 15 Jan 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rez Messing

Rez Messing Active Member

Ne’er-do-well
    What can be done when players from the same guild are placed on both sides of a battle and they refuse to shoot at each other???

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  2. The Grim Repair

The Grim Repair Community Manager

You can report them with the in game feature for cheating - it’s essentially called win-trading.
    Everyone should play the game fair and fun - no matter if you are in the same guild or not.

3. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

I love getting a guild mate on the opposing side, I go full try hard to sink them and then share the replay with the guild :)

Trium, k406k, Scourge Argaen and 9 others like this.
  4. Wizzmut

Wizzmut New Member

Same here :)

5. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I won't go down easy to a guildmate. That'd be cowardice. Ill make them work for every point of damage they score lol! Otherwise it wouldn't be fun, now would it?

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  6. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Whats the point in reporting them? No action is taken anyway. Or is it only blatant cheating from big spenders in big name guilds you dont penalize?

To Op: in theory you can report, but its a waste of time and there is no consequence. Soak it up and move on. The only efficient way to get devs into action is to post a gameplay video on the forum of them cheating, that actually worked last time I tried.

Riddlerpaji likes this.
  7. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Rovio do read all reports, but sometimes its hard to penalize as they have to be 100% sure the player was doing this on purpose, which isnt always obvious from a replay.

8. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Please cut the crap, just for 1 post pretty please.
    Blatant cheating goes by unpunished. I would not post a comment like the above based on doubtful cornercases. Spare me your automated 'devs do nothing wrong' responses please please please!

Happy to post evidence if you doubt me ;)

9. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

I simply explained why not all reports can be acted on right away, im not covering any conspiracy, or pulling the wool over anyone's eyes.
    I never said "devs do nothing wrong", and my responses are not automated, nearly everything you wrote was completely irrelevant!?

Maybe you should have spent more time reading my post properly before climbing on top of that high horse and calling me out.

Captain Gilligan likes this.
  10. The Grim Repair

The Grim Repair Community Manager

That is in fact not true - I personally go through reports daily .

I understand this is a matter of perception as with many things in gaming in general.
    I don't think we will find any game where all players feel "X is handled fairly in my personal sense of fairness".
    Reports are also never public or ever shared or followed up upon with reporters due to privacy reasons - and never will.

In essence to close the issue and question here: Please report in game other players who are violating any of our chat or in game behavior rules so that we have a chance to moderate and deal with them as appropriate. :)

And closing!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.