1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Change Draws to reward boat who captures longest.

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by *JAWS*, 19 Oct 2017.

1. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

I had a match today where I was one vs 3 at end. And killed 2 boats.
    Now it's 1vs1 ...myself vs unfriendly. I have half my heart. He has full health.
    He ran and with a faster boat never made an attempt to win the match. Ever.
    I captured. He came back made one shot that hit my big boat so capture clock would start over. Now. There was 1:38 left so not enough time to capture again. I have to chase again. Dude doesn't fire again in my direction. Just ran. Full health.

Tell me why him and his team should win +1.
    I clearly was the aggressor and even put myself out there for a full 45 seconds of capture.

My proposed capture change. Is in the result of a draw. The team longest in the capture circle wins. Hands down.

Still give it +1 to winning side.

And -1 to loosing side,

But to quote Miika...our favorite developer. Why wouldn't anyone not try to win?

The boat I fought make no effort to win.

Simplest solution is this rules change. And letting players know in the event of a tie. The person putting themselves at risk the highest amount wins.
    This can be added in the next update.

Reasons to award the +1 this way. : the capture circle announces to all players your boats position and location. Higher risk.
    This will solve all draw confusion. And makes it about trying to win first. Instead of running away.
    This uses the capture circle as helper to reward draw results. And hopefully spur a winner instead of a runner.

It's only 1 point...but don't reward it to cowardly players who only run.

Trying to win should always get the reward.

Thanks.

*JAWS*

Rated R and Spinners71 like this.
  2. Wymtime

Wymtime Active Member

Figuring out tie breakers is always tricky. Just because you got into the capture area does not mean you were the aggressor in all matches especially depending on the map. Overall when I am in a draw it is because there are fixers on both sides doing their jobs way to well and time runs out. Also what if there is a draw where no one owns the capture area? I think it is best to keep draws the way they are. The only change I would make if it is not already is to allow guild quests updates to count on a draw. Right now when time runs out the team with the most boats alive wins. There are not enough draws to fix the draw issue that I believe.

3. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Devs say stronger team loses -1 and weaker team loses +1 when it comes to draws.

Not sure what they mean by stronger. Maybe infamy

4. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

Currently stronger is based off total infamy combined number.

But this doesn't solve players who have zero intention to fight 1vs1. And only want to run away.

Some of the funniest matches are 1vs1 for the win.

Most of the heroes of the bay even when coming up would duke it out instead of fleeing.

I know it's tactical to take a draw. Getting that out of the way. But I am now
    Suggesting a method to actually get a winner.

Any suggestions here to improve draws and how it is determined. Please share.