1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Carronade or blast cannon?

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Agile Vanguard, 13 May 2018.

?

Which should I use?

1. Blast cannon

15 vote(s)
    88.2%
  2. Cannonade

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  1. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    Hey guys, I need help choosing between Epic T2 Blast cannon with 1 more duplicate or I can buy a rare cannonade and level it up. My current set up is Blast cannon, Big torp, Overboost, nitro, Turbo and rudder. I'm thinking I can replace blast cannon with cannonade and use big torp and cannonade's freezing ability and turret slow to circle. I can use the big torp to counter defender's high Defence and rip anything other than a defender apart.... but cannonade doesn't so much damage, my blast cannon does more dps So Idk what to use. What do you guys think? (I am ftp and Mk4 speeder)

The Otherguy likes this.
  2. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    Keep the blast cannon. Pair it up with flare, maybe.

Agile Vanguard likes this.
  3. Agile Vanguard

I'm not good with flare because shooters always hit me back after I set them on fire. I like big torp because of the huge damage

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  4. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

If you like your blast, keep it, as a F2P it'll take long for you to get another epic t2

Agile Vanguard likes this.
  5. HAPPY SITHSHA

HAPPY SITHSHA Well-Known Member

Carronade must be used upon Speeders,Enforcers and Fixers because they have low defence points.Carronade has little impact on Shooters and very little impact on Defenders because they have high defence points.

6. Agile Vanguard

No worries because I can use cannonade on speeder, enforcer and fixer and big torp on the others;)

HAPPY SITHSHA likes this.
  7. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Or you could go for a high range carro with pure frost talents, so that you could chain frost with the bigtorp...

BUT carro is a pretty lategame gun, and blasts are evergreen, so keep both, imho

8. Hokuse

Hokuse Well-Known Member

In early game, yes but if you upgrade that carronade to t4 or t5 you can easily slaughter shooters and even defenders(not very effective but still doing good damage).

FirnenAhead likes this.
  9. Agile Vanguard

T4 rare? I had like 4 duplicates a few monthes before and scrapped them to for rare red item pieces, I combined it to 10 and I got another :mad: cannongrade which I scrapped right away. I now regret it:(

10. Hokuse

Hokuse Well-Known Member

Lol, i did same for rail guns. This is very sad.

11. Super Speeder 0

Super Speeder 0 Member

i can't win without blast cannon also how can you do the vote thingi?

Last edited: 14 May 2018
  12. Super Speeder 0

Super Speeder 0 Member

did same w ma sniper now only have t3

13. SaltBae

SaltBae New Member

I have both a t4 epic carronade and a t4 epic blast cannon, and from experience of using both with big torp, i would recommend keeping the blast for sure.

At first it may seem like a good idea with the slow from carronade but the duration of that slow is quite short. By the time u can fire ur big torp, its almost guranteed to already have run out (not to mention the time it takes big torp to travel)

Additionally carronade’s dmg is maximised at very close range, taking into consideration big torp’s arming distance, this works against one another. Blast cannon on the other hand can be fired after firing the big torp for stacked burst of dmg.

14. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    Carronades are only worth it when they are high level and when you have training for it.

Hokuse likes this.
  15. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    How about you go both

Nikkie! and Hokuse like this.
  16. Jayaramdbz

Jayaramdbz Member

Anything depends upon your skill and time you have spent with your weapon. If you like trying new always without getting bored you can try anything. But if you are onto infamy then fix the item you are using from the start or use which you are good at. Every item has it's pros and cons, if you know that well you can rule with that item. My suggestion is try all items until you think you got what you want, and then start your real game. End of the day it's just a game so enjoy it more than seeing it like a duty. As simple as that.

TheAntiSnipe and StrictSalmon307 like this.
  17. nosesabe

nosesabe Well-Known Member

Im a blast cannon fan so blast cannon. I’ve never used carronada tho. At high levels I believe it’s deadly