1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Cannon VS sniper VS blast cannon

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by nosesabe, 31 Aug 2017.

?

Which one is the best?

1. Cannon

7 vote(s)
    14.9%
  2. Blast cannon

16 vote(s)
    34.0%
  3. Sniper

24 vote(s)
    51.1%
  1. nosesabe

nosesabe Well-Known Member

I've been looking around for post in which someone compares weapons and all I found was snipervsbcannon or something similar. But I didn't find any comparing the cannon with the sniper or the Blaat cannon so...

What do you guys think!? What are the pros and cons between all three? I'm specially interested between the blast cannon and the cannon. ;)

2. TheCrisco

TheCrisco Active Member

Blast/Sniper cannon >>>> Cannon in all instances except running a defender with only 2 weapon slots. Then you use 2x cannon upgraded as far as you can, and just fire till the barrels melt. Blast and sniper aren't easy to compare to one another, though. They're two completely different types of weapons, each with their own pros and cons.

The Otherguy likes this.
  3. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    Which ship are you playing? And what mk?

CaffeinatedChris likes this.
  4. nosesabe

Shooter, mk5 at 2300pts... I'll get to +2600 soon probably. I have 3 rare beast cannons so I can upgrade up to lv 30, but I also have a lv21 cannon. So I don't know if scrap it and use that to level up the blast cannon

5. The Otherguy

Tech support
    Could you post a screenshot?

6. nosesabe

What do you think?

Attached Files:

7. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

The reason you see "Sniper vs Blast cannon" so much is because the two are in conflict on Bhurt's training tree. Since you've already got one Blast cannon to Lv9, and you have three vs. the two Snipers, I'd say you're already down that path, so run with it.

Plus, once the enemy team figures out you're running a mortar-focused loadout and charge in, you'll be better equipped for short-range engagements with a Blast cannon.

StrictSalmon307 and The Otherguy like this.
  8. nosesabe

That's what I was doubting... when for example a speederr gets near the cannon it's better, but for the rest of the time the cannon deals too less damage so it's not worth it to use it (instead of using a mortar).
    If I get 1 more sniper do you think I should upgrade that one instead of the blast?

9. WarCream

WarCream Well-Known Member

Sniper for shooters for sure

10. The Otherguy

Tech support
    Not for his load out. He has a distance load, so blast cannon for fending off speeders.

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  11. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Sniper is run twice as much as every other weapon in the Nightmare league. And for good reason, you dont want to be the only shooter that cant fire while everyone else is in sniper range.

Joey who and The Otherguy like this.
  12. nosesabe

Well... I'm not in nightmare leage and I don't have three rare snipers for now so I think I'll try the blast cannon ;) but I'll remember your advice if I ever get to higher leages haha

The Otherguy likes this.
  13. nosesabe

But do you think it's worth it to scrap my lv21 cannon to get the rare pieces so I can upgrade faster the blast cannon?

14. JJf

JJf Member

I would scrap it. The cannon is fast and has high dps but you have so many weapons in your shooter that you can't spam shots with your standard cannon. So yes, scrap it and go for the slower but higher damage weapons.

The Otherguy likes this.
  15. Kraptastic

Kraptastic Active Member

Sales
    Sniper works on speeders just as well as the blast cannon, and both can do serious damage. Both are excellent weapons, but take time to get use to. Too bad there is no way to practice with either one without losing infamy, but that's part of the game I guess. You're not going to get much for scrapping your cannon, so keep that too. Scrapping regret is real.

16. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn Well-Known Member

Here's my 2 cent, going to forget about the shooter for a moment.

I used dual t2 rare cannon for awhile. Then ran one cannon to lvl 30 with a lvl 30 rare sniper.
    I've been kinda stalled. Not really but doing the but up, way down, half back to up thing. I redid my Bhurt training for blast cannon Now I'm trying out a lvl23 rare and a lvl9 epic.
    So here's my pros and cons:

1. Sniper:
      • Range: Almost twice as much Blast Cannon
      • Critical Damage: Lot's of crit and lots of perks to increase crit chance and crit damage. My lvl 30 rare was doing over 900 hit points crit.
      • Accuracy: Because of the projectile speed it's easier to hit, and easier to lead shots.
      • Damage: It's in the middle cannon and blast.
    2. Cannon:
      • Range: Just OK. Targets can still be hit reasonably far away.
      • Critcal Damage: is almost non-existent. I've seen hit goes crit less than a handful of times.
      • Accuracy: Just as good as the Sniper. Maybe better because of the less range.
      • Damage: My level 30 does 271 points, with crit in the 500s. at higher infamy levels I don't see this being competitive.
      • Cooldown: Incredible cooldown. Cooldown is so quick I think it's hindered by the firing of other weapons.
    3. Blast Cannon:
      • Range: Big CON. By the time you're in range for firing you're in range for getting hit with everything the unfriends have, except Corronade.
      • Critical Damage: I'm guessing crit chance is the same as Cannon. I haven't noticed then going crit at all. But the possibility for damage if it does...
      • Accuracy: The worst of the 3. Takes much more careful aiming as the unfriend is often not where I think they'll be by the time the projectile gets there. And there's no spalsh damage like the explosive cannon to make up for it.
      • Damage: This is why I think it's so popular. Blast Cannons do a ton of damage with Bhurt training! My mentioned rare is at 492, my epic at 411.
      • Cooldown: ... ... ... ... You're waiting a lot for these things to cool. Same as the Sniper but for some reason it feels much longer. Probably because you're so much closer to the unfriend.

I'm still playing with the blast Cannons but so far I like them. When I get enough rare Snipers, I haven't gotten one in months which is another reason for the change up, I'll probably go back. The crit damage change is too high, and the range is too far to pass on forever.
    Oh, And don't scrap any cannons IMO. You'd be sorry. I'm still holding on to that lone epic cannon just in case.

17. nosesabe

Hahaha nice reasons thx! I'll keep it then xD I have 2 Rare snipers, I'm waiting for the 3rd one to upgrade them...

18. ID•IllIlIllI

ID•IllIlIllI Member

First of all, I'm a lv32 shooter at 3.6k infamy. I use dual snipers, big torp, missiles and standard mortar.

Some tips on shooters;
    1. Build your set for 30-40 range dps (as you're not too mobile and tanky so getting too close means instant death.)
    2. Build a variety of weps for constant dps in all situations (a shooter needs to do SUSTAINED damage)
    3. Don't worry about 1v1 speeder (you shouldn't be in that position and if you are you're probably dead statistically, at least for my infamy and above)

Now with your loadout recommendations;
    1. Personally i don't want 4 mortars because its weak against focusing to a fixer or hitting a speeder
    2. The cannon has the highest dps and combined with your blast cannon and sniper cannon you can do a combo (cannon, sniper/blast, cannon, blast/sniper, cannon). This allows you to have sustained point damage when your team focus on a target.
    3. Keep the standard mortar and bertha for an aoe combo (standard, bertha, standard).

The above tips will maximise your dps.

The Otherguy likes this.
  19. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn Well-Known Member

how do you have Bhurt trained?

20. ID•IllIlIllI

ID•IllIlIllI Member

Well I'd train your crew according to which weps the highest lv. In this case train your blast over your sniper. But definitely give your sniper the 5% crit crew talent

fr4nk1yn likes this.