1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Can you see me now?

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Djradnad, 27 Jul 2018.

1. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

invisible unfriends at the beginning of ctf matches

Invisible shots of any weapon on any game type on any map, for the entirety of this games bloody existence.

What are you guys doing?!

Let me give you a little context to explain..
    1. Wall clipping a shot, and the projectile goes invisible.
    Things this works on; barrels, any walls, any shipwreck.
    Projectiles confirmed to be affected, and cannon and any torp.

2. Friendly tesla shield “clipping” it isn’t really clipping a shot, but if you shoot through a friendly tesla shield it is recorded the same way as a wall clipping, and as such the projectile goes invisible.

Projectiles affected, any mortar, napalm, grenade, and again all cannons and carronade.

I don’t know if you guys think this is a “skill shot” or something stupid like that, but it’s complete nonsense to have your whole team burning in a pit of invisible flames.

2. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    Yeah, unfairness are invisible for the first like 30 seconds of a match sometimes.

Either they are hacking or it's a glitch

HappyUnicorn456 likes this.
  3. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

I don't remember which match otherwise I'd post the replay, but I did have one CTF where I was getting nailed by someone's cannons .. I spun around the camera and couldn't find them.

It was at the start of the match on the underground Frankenstein level (forgot the name of it). I would think they had line of sight to hit me with that many cannon shots, so I should have been able to see them too .. but that's the only match it's happened so I didn't make a note of it.

.... Not that the replay would help since you can see every ship in replays ....

4. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    I’ve never heard of this before :eek:
    Also, it seems kinda hard to do (or I don’t get it yet)
    Does this mean when you shoot and the bullet goes really close to a wall so it becomes invisible but still hits?

5. FirnenAhead

FirnenAhead Well-Known Member

So true. Even mortars get invisible. It sucks :mad:

6. FirnenAhead

FirnenAhead Well-Known Member

Try changing the title of the thread, pal ;)

Djradnad likes this.
  7. Djradnad

Changed lol
    Would like to mention that I have sent an invisible torp at someone before and in the replay it wasn’t invisible, but it did show it splashing on a wreck and then continuing towards the enemy..
    In the meantime, here is a replay from a match where my unfriends were invisible..
    https://replay.battlebay.net/VVWPDVJC#GJHCDJRS

8. Djradnad

I just watched it myself, and it looks normal aside from me not shooting Ali for a while.. but during actual gameplay it was not like that lol

9. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
  10. Charlotte Douche

Charlotte Douche Well-Known Member

Invisible shooter [topdog1222] shooting at me

11. Djradnad

Just came up with a theory for this, like maybe it has to do with new spawn points? I just had an invisible unfriend in the same spot as Charlotte.

Also these spawn points make me wish for 10v10 but I can hear the lag complaints already

Edit: I’ve had the entire unfriend team invisible on wayward, so I can probably say my theory is wrong

Last edited: 28 Jul 2018
  12. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Oh god that was funny. Now I wonder if I was ever invisible because I've had some kills that were that easy.

13. Djradnad

Can’t believe they forgot about this and here we go again! Gonna have this all week! But hey I got a screen recording this time!

Love love love the update otherwise!

14. Djradnad

https://replay.battlebay.net/JWPVYTZR#GJHCDJRS
    Watch this invisible mine hit me for my first damage in the match :( (launched by longshoot and it did over 4100, even the replay shows it invisible ffs

Fix this
    Fix this
    Fix this
    Fix this

How can you be ok with your game being so flipping broken that I can lose 4K to a mine that’s INVISIBLE!

And I’m sure the unfriends don’t like my invisible tesla bolts that I send through my teamates tesla shields.. fix it please this is complete crap!

Last edited: 31 Oct 2018
  15. flipiwin

flipiwin New Member

hmmm... i see what you mean guys...... there are afew pointers to watch for:
    1: if you have the flag, all the enemy can see you (even if you can't see them)
    2: if you are closest to enemy team and can only see one player, your whole team can see that player; and if one of their players can see one of your players, their whole team can see this...
    also half the time people fire into nothing-ness just to try to get a lucky shot

16. xArrogance

I wonder if that was a fluke or that wall if is bugged.

They fixed the spawn points on wayward.

Djradnad likes this.
  17. Djradnad

I’ve done it on hundreds of walls, with napalm at the edge of the roof of the tunnels or through tesla shields. With grenades on passing ships you name it, lots of invisible shots out there. I’ve clipped a big torp on a wreck to send it invisible.. it’s some sort of latency where as the shot is coming out of the barrel you move or the wave moves and it was going to hit the wall but doesn’t, or going to hit the ship in front of me but they moved so it doesn’t show the landing circle, but if you actually clip them, the shot itself goes invisible.

18. Djradnad

Also I was glad that they actually got the message about wayward (finally)

Feel free to setup a custom with me if ya want to know what it feels like to burn in invisible flames.

19. xArrogance

I'd be interested to see for sure .. I'll check back in 30 or so

20. Djradnad

Ok sounds good. And usually I am positive on the forums and everywhere else because I love this game, this has become my venting thread lol because anytime I hit something invisible I get peeved.

I would also like them to look into the improper predictions of ship movements when they go out of view... it wasn’t like that until a few updates ago, and it bugs the hell out of me when I am shooting a ship that isn’t there, I would love to spend the time to make clips of this with someone for a venting video of all the bugs I hate lol