1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

DevReply Buying boosts!

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Kings of DK, 20 Mar 2018.

1. Kings of DK

Kings of DK New Member

dear Rovio
    Remove the boosts from guild war. It has turned out that “the wiinner of this week competition” is ..... those guilds with most buyers!
    Excellent politic from a Rovio money management point of view (greed), very poor from a players point of view, (sadness and frustration)
    But don’t think several weeks, just make it happen now!

xxxBISMARCKxxx and *JAWS* like this.
  2. a_creeper_won

a_creeper_won Well-Known Member

Basement dweller
    This topic has been expressed several times, please post this in the other threads.

3. Kalbs

Kalbs Well-Known Member

You might wanna thank those people. It's them that actually makes the game running.

4. Mad_Bulls_007

Mad_Bulls_007 Well-Known Member

Nope, the game makes more money with the ads that 80% of the people watch. The 20% people that pay, doesn't even count to the amount of money they get from watching ads.;)

*JAWS* likes this.
  5. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Source?

Kalbs likes this.
  6. Mad_Bulls_007

Well , I heard WarNet said it on his stream that the game makes more money from the ads that people watch than the players that actually pay.

But u never know. Lol:p

Only the developers can confirm this.:rolleyes:

7. a_creeper_won

a_creeper_won Well-Known Member

Basement dweller
    Based on my inferences a single whale spends about 1000$ on the game, and there are quite a bit of the whales.
    And so players would need to watch millions of ads cumulatively.
    A cloud costs thousands of dollars a month.

8. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Lol... I know this sounds nice and would fit the narrative of not having P2P games.... but I just wouldn't believe they make most of their money off of ads unless it was explicitly stated by a dev.

9. Mad_Bulls_007

Exactly, without an official confirmation from the Devs , we'll never know.

But, WarNet is in one of the groups with the Devs, so .. he might know more than us. Just saying.;)

*JAWS* likes this.
  10. Miika

Miika Game Lead

Unfortunately we can't disclose any financial numbers from Battle Bay.
    However, in general a rough rule of thumb for games which have both in-app purchases and ads can be considered to be more like around 5-10% from ads, definitely not majority.

11. Kalbs

Kalbs Well-Known Member

Boom! :p

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  12. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

That's my opinion. It's also the view I take when I occasionally find myself in the sights of some whale with a rack of legendaries. I'm fine with giving the P2W people their wins. That is, after all, why they are paying. My fun comes from the actual matches and so far P2W isn't a big problem there.

13. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

Can I just say how much I love the posts you make? I'm so used to getting a bunch of spin from game developers (looking at you Blizzard) that it's refreshing to get unspun facts that we can then interpret as we will.

Thanks for taking the time to give us these little data drops :)

14. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

:) thanks. I knew that “fact” was just a convenient rumor. It also makes us spenders feel better to know that we help keep the lights on. ;)

15. benguin8

benguin8 Well-Known Member

One day can you disclose? No names to protect the innocent but I bet some of the truths would blow our minds! I want stories and stats! % that spend, % that dont, most spent, do you use the term whale or do you have a better developer term? I bet you have meetings on it. You know that I know that you know. I would read a book if you published it. I would kickstarter it or pre-order...whatever you need. $$$$

16. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

His contract probably includes a non-disclosure agreement that would prohibit from speaking about a lot of this. I'm sure this is even a touchier subject due to their current stock predicament.

17. benguin8

benguin8 Well-Known Member

Here's an idea. Sprinkle some 2x and 5x boosts in the rivalry raffle. Maybe replace those useless power cells!