1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Buff Capture

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Netsa, 8 Aug 2017.

Tags:
  1. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

I've been hitting strings of Draws lately, and part of the reason for that is the impossibility of capturing near the end of the match. There's simply not enough time. I have two ideas:

1. Delete the Capture reward penalty.
    2. Increase individual capture speed for each dead teammate, so that if everyone alive is on the point, they always capture with the speed of five people.
    2-Alt. OR just drastically increase capture speed during the last 1 minute of the game.

There's really no reason for the capture penalty, since it's already incredibly difficult to do. The other team has to either be extremely inept, or the team match-up has to be similar to 5 double-Overboost Speeders vs 5 Turbo-less Defenders. On Chill Zone. Buffing late-match capture speed will make that an actual concern for anyone trying to force a Draw. They might get peek'd, mortared, or sniped but at least something will be going on and the slower ship will have a chance. As things are now, he couldn't successfully capture even if he had no interference, and even if he did, his team gets a slightly lower reward for winning. That's not fair.

Before anyone says, I'm not speaking from the standpoint of the slower ship, I play mostly Enforcer and Fixer. I'm always either dead at the end of these Draws, or I'm the one forcing the Draw. Recently, I just ran away from a Defender for the draw, with a full two minutes left on the clock. Better than losing, but it was lame and boring. That needs to change.

Mr. Chompers, cgr3asy, Ultrah and 3 others like this.
  2. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

5 speeders vs 5 defenders is highly unlikely and unheard of. And I'm sure all 5 of those defenders would be running turbo. It's an obvious choice with having so many blue slots.

One thing about capture I would like to see is extra contribution points from shooting while inside the capture aswell as shooting enemies which are in the capture.

3. DaveRay35

DaveRay35 Active Member

Brilliant idea. A capture is really rare and the green zone's basically just an area to centre a battle around atm. But if the capture speed increased relative to the number of friendly (or total?) ships remaining it'd introduce an interesting and relevant aspect to the end game.

cgr3asy likes this.
  4. behumble

behumble Well-Known Member

It is like that. The number of shis I the circle greatly decreases the time it takes. Only places captures are effective though is chill zone and the map where the capture zone is enclosed by walls and it's terrible for mortars (Y'know which one?)

5. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Any change that encourages more offensive playing would be great! This is one way to force the slowpokes into action

6. DaveRay35

DaveRay35 Active Member

No you've misunderstood the suggestion. This is not a criticism of you, and the below explanation was probably needed:

The suggestion is that the speed to capture is increased (takes less time) when there are fewer ships on the map. At the moment capture in 1vX is impossible because the X team has ages to plant a mortar on the capture circle.

7. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

They could add this: the number of percent you gained in that capture zone will add to your damage you deal with a shot. Like when you're there for a few seconds and capture is at 25% and you'd hit enemy, you would deal 25% more damage.

- Oskar - likes this.
  8. Wishaal

Wishaal Well-Known Member

That would result in speeders with super overpowered weapons lol, or fixers that heal way too much.

cgr3asy likes this.
  9. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

I don't think it needs changing. Draws are already quite rare since the change where you only get a draw if equal numbers of boats remain. If the last player alive got 5 times the capture speed, what if that player is a speeder? Would be OP.

While I rarely see actual captures, I see the capture point being used every day. When your team is on the capture point it puts big pressure on the enemy, because they have to hit the right person in time, continuously.

cgr3asy likes this.
  10. Zachiderp

Zachiderp Well-Known Member

True but shouldn't the teams naturally be driving toward the capture point if they haven't spotted eachother?

11. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

Not really, it takes a little under 20 seconds to capture a point from zero with 5 people. You would have to be pretty far from the capture point to not be able to tag the Speeder before he finished capturing, and people would be more likely to be near the capture point if this rule was in place.

People tend to panic when someone gets on the point, and I don't really know why. If there's more than 2 people on the point, anyone with a mortar or other AoE weapon should be able to put a stop to it relatively easily. If there's 2 people or less on the point, you can freely ignore them and just come back to pop one of them once the ticker gets around 60% or so. The only time you end up having to hit the right person in time continuously is when most of the team isn't doing it at all and the people that are use all point-damage, non-Flare weapons.

12. Jdm7

Jdm7 Active Member

I agree, the one factor I dislike is getting shot and losing all progress that makes capturing pointless. An unfriendly should physically have to break the plane to reset it not a lucky sniper shot.

13. AoiTenshi

AoiTenshi Member

Captured rewards should get like 100% bonus, from what initial we get :D

cgr3asy likes this.