1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Brock upgrade #4

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Radar O Reilly, 26 Jul 2017.

1. Radar O Reilly

Radar O Reilly Active Member

Add 25 health to all ships or 25 hit points to the shield. What is the difference? It seems the same to me

2. Flying Bananasaur

Flying Bananasaur Active Member

Ships can carry one than one shield at higher mks. If you plan on using shield in the future, pick +25 to shield, as this stacks with multiple shields. If you do not plan on using shields later, then I would recommend the +25 to ship as you don't need to use a shield to have it active. As always, if you change your mind you can always retrain.

Radar O Reilly likes this.
  3. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

25 hp to the shield means it goes up with other trainings. Like a 25 hp and a 10% shield buff would stack. But 25 ship hp you don't need to add the shield to the ship. Fair trade off.

Radar O Reilly likes this.
  4. Radar O Reilly

Radar O Reilly Active Member

Thanks for the advice. I wasn't thinking about multiple shields. It would be nice to see a what-if view of my future ship attributes when I look at retaining. I did a few calculations and ran a few retains and got what I expected. What's interesting is I flipped a +25 to shields to +5%. As I did this repeatedly (twice) I saw lesser and lesser benefit and I anticipated this. With the reduction of the +25s the benefit of increasing by a percentage was degraded. However, as I continue to upgrade my shield the +5%s will become better and better.

5. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Even with 1 shield the shield talent will always be better as it gets the % boost of both shield and regular boat % talents