1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Blast & sniper together?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by nosesabe, 26 Jan 2018.

1. nosesabe

nosesabe Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,

I’ve been looking around for posts comparing all kind of cannons and it’s clear that they all are good in their way, but looks counterproductive to have blast cannon and sniper cannon in the same build because they share research slots.

My question is, any of you use sniper and blast in the same build and how did you distribute the research slots to obtain maximum efficiency from both?

I’m personally not a fan of sniper cannon, but it’s overpowered so it’s worth it to use.

Thx ;)

2. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

The crew training tree needs to be fixed so that one can use the BLAST and SNIPER cannon, especially since Guild Quests require both. Hope the Dev's work on the training trees on the next update so that we have less conflict in the training tree and are better able to use all the weapons.

Warchin3 likes this.
  3. LotharusMaximus

LotharusMaximus Well-Known Member

I run both and have basically selected all Blast 10% talents except the one that conflicts with the Sniper Crit % in Bhurt. Selected pretty much all fire damage as well. I actually run Sniper, Blast and Ex Cannon on my shooter usually w a flare. It kind of depends on what the RNG gods give you game-wise. I was given 9 Rare Blast Cannons from early on so that was my main focus. I can see that my Lvl 50 Rare Sniper doesn't crit as high as others but that is because of the talents. I still see 1200 damage occasionally but it is usually more like 1000 on a crit. My Lvl 50 Rare Blast Cannon(s) do 880 damage. They never really crit but with fire perks they do a lot of damage consistently, and the fire stacks as well. If you flare someone And they are in napalm, my Blast will to 1400+. I run all crit % perks on my Ex Cannon. It actually crits with some regularity. I've seen it do 1800 damage. Lvl 30 Epic. I actually saw a T5 Epic Ex Cannon do 3878 yesterday. The only reason it stopped there was because that was all the health our fixer had left!

Last edited: 26 Jan 2018
  4. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

My training tree is nearly 100% geared toward BC, largely because RNG decided that's the way I should go, so I have two T50 BC's offering 991 and 970 damage. One has 5% crit w/+20% grit damage, the other with a fire perk. They will crit 2000. My T50 rare Sniper does 423 damage, 35% crit chance, which pales in comparison, so it spends most of its time on the bench. I'm sure if I fixed up my training tree I could get Sniper in the 550 range with 1100 crit, but it's still half of BC. I use LRM and Missiles to handle medium-long range duties, so Sniper is not as useful IMO, and not worth tweaking the training tree due to low overall DPS of sniper.

5. Masterlao

Masterlao New Member

I was using both (on mk6 fixer) for a little while. I have 3 burn perks on my blast. It was actually very nice as long as the target was on fire. At the time I had all my talents on sniper because I had that first. But I recently put the sniper on the shelf, switched talents over to blast, and now I'm using blast/flare combo