1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

BLAST CANON shots not registering

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by major_payne, 25 Sep 2017.

?

if you have faced similar cases, please vote also

1. Has Happened to me

2. Nah never faced this issue

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. major_payne

major_payne New Member

i have seen this multiple times when i use my RARE BLAST CANON (level 32) or my EPIC BLAST CANON (level 15) the shot on enemy is not registered!

i have checked this even at extreme close range... sometimes the shot would register and next time it would not register.

i checked in chat and other players also reported that Sniper or other cannon / guns shots are not registering... and no we are not talking about long range shots... but close range.

2. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

It's lag. Things only happen when the server registers them, so when an enemy is right in front of you on your screen, but he's actually a bit to the left or right on the server, you will miss. If you have a good, stable internet connection, this issue never happens. Unfortunately, since this is a mobile game, many people play it on connections that are far from good and stable, and the issue of not registering shots gets talked about quite often.

3. major_payne

major_payne New Member

Firstly thanks for the suggestion Miathan. Appreciate your explanation.

But...

1) i get every mobile game has some level of latency. But am on a super fast internet connection. Am usjng 5G wifi so should be minimal amount of lag. And even if it is lag why every other shot is registered and every other shot not recognized.

2) next i often hit broadside so little left or right (due to lag) still some amount of damage should be there. In my cases nothing. Full health for opponent. Hence i think a bug.

I get it moving target but seriously full on front of me and miss?? Not speeder but shooters and enforcers etc. lastly this is not a headshot but a cannon shooting a boat close by so some damage should be there. And it was not there before, only since last update... so regression perhaps?

4. Epekka

Epekka Well-Known Member

mabye it will be fixed in the next update.

5. Spartacus

Spartacus Active Member

After 3900 games, this has been my observation. When the algorithm is attempting to balance me back to a 50% win/loss ratio by giving me a series of back-to-back losses, I begin to experience this issue frequently! For example. Im getting direct hits on a target with grenade launcher with minimal, if any, damage on my enemy. This happens regardless of if I am gaming from home with Battle Bay showing a sub-100ms ping or on the road. Funny enough, when the system is not setting me up to lose, regardless of where I am, I do not experience this. I have gamed on my AT&T cellular connecting with a 240ms ping and the game worked fine.
    I am wondering if Battle Bay uses a form of movement "prediction" as a penalty to help balance a players win/loss ration down. Sure, it could be that I just coincidentally "got bad" at hitting my target At least that would explain it, because in thousands of games, this is the only time its consistently happening for me.

6. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Oh yea, defintely this :D

7. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    Shoot a little ahead of your target. It is one of the easiest ways to counter your unregistered hits.

Ok

8. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

10/10. And the tooth fairy is real;)

ThatOnion likes this.
  9. Spartacus

Spartacus Active Member

Seriously... I am asking about something I have repeatedly experienced, which, if real, happens to be a simple task for any developer, and you liken it to fairytales. Way to go critical thinker :)

10. TheAntiSnipe

Seriously. What part of this is not a fairytale? Remember Kean? That dude was saying that the devs alter wep cooldowns lol. You are saying the servers compensate lag to maintain a RATIO. I'm not a troll, I do act like one sometimes, but this is going too far. Tinfoil hat on, I guess.

ThatOnion likes this.
  11. Spartacus

Spartacus Active Member

No dude, im not saying that at all. I was hypothesizing that since Battle Bay uses predictive movement to help make lag less perceptible, then, is it possible that they are using it to also balance players downwards when they have exceeded the 50% win ratio. It's already established that the matchmaking algorithm is designed to keep players around a 50% win/loss ratio. Once someone has won an amount beyond the 50%, the systems starts creating matches where they have a high probability of losing. Since there are a lot of unknown variables as too how a player could win/loss (aside from just infamy), I was curious if they were using their predictive movement algorithm towards ensuring a loss. It was just a thought and a question, not a fact or accusation...

12. Joey who

Or maybe when your connection is low you experience the unreg hits and lose because of it and then feel it's because that conspiracy you came up with. Trust me, Rovio doesn't need to go through that type of trouble to give us guaranteed losses for the 50% ;)

ThatOnion and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  13. Spartacus

Spartacus Active Member

I don't know why I even posted a thought, people get so defensive over an idea. And actually, if it was true, it would make perfect sense since it's in their interest to keep people around a 50/50 win/loss ratio, they are already doing that. Simply changing the shot a few pixels in one direction, would help accomplish that. Remember, my post has nothing to do with the matchmaking algorithm setting a player up to lose in order to maintain a ratio, it was more of a technical idea of one of the possible methods by which this can be achieved.

14. TheAntiSnipe

Well, then, let's leave it at that, shall we? If it's doable, it is not necessary that it WILL be done. That's all I'm saying. Spartacus, if you state something like that on the forum, you have to think about it this way: The system will have milliseconds of time to go through the player's W/L , then judge the number of pixels to change, THEN relay the intel to two servers which might well be in different corners of the world. Not just once, but tens of times a second. I don't think Rovio would go to such lengths and power expenses just to make sure someone stays at 50/50. There are more efficient ways.

15. Spartacus

Spartacus Active Member

Hey, I appreciate it, that was actually a cool reply. I am serious, my original post was not designed to provoke, my brain just works a bit funny, I overthink things. If you would indulge me for a sec, I would be interested in your opinion. Completely, hypothetically, wouldn't it be as easy as pre-programming a preset number of pixels-off. So for example, every shot you take will automatically be x-pixels off the y-axis?

16. TheAntiSnipe

....and what purpose would it serve? I mean, if we are looking at it in the hypothetical point of view, we could store W/L as a number in both players' list of characteristics(temporal ones like health) and use THAT(like, if the person has had a 4 winstreak, we give him a "probability" of 4) to manipulate if he hits or misses. But then, it is a lot easier to send players into "suicide matchups" of 0v2 fixers.

17. Joey who

Nah, when you get over 50% BAMMM!!!
    Screenshot_2017-11-30-22-07-36.png

TheAntiSnipe and Spartacus like this.
  18. Spartacus

Spartacus Active Member

Good point. My original thoughts were everything from the obvious Infamy, health, and weapons, to calculating the persons hit-averages and performance for the past x-games. I can help being ridiculously curious, thanks for being cool about it

19. Spartacus

Spartacus Active Member

A. That was a hilarious pic!
    B. It's the "what makes the teammates bad" that I am trying to figure out, since the infamy scores balance out. Im seriously just interested in this, not bitching.

20. Joey who

I'm sure they have that figured out. Maybe they get players who have performed poorly the last 10 games and put them on your team (just an example)

Spartacus likes this.