1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Big Bertha

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Shoot em up, 24 Sep 2018.

1. Shoot em up

Shoot em up New Member

Does anyone use this weapon any more?
    It used to be my go to weapon many months ago, but never use it now (T5 rare), the new agility of boats seem to make it an impossible weapon to use. Thinking scrapping and slowly build an epic that'll probably never be used either..

2. Nicolas

Nicolas Well-Known Member

What do u think? This might be so helpful to improve mortars accuracy.

3. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Mortars are still very viable, but depends on the map and also your team.
    The other day I was in a match against all shooters, all mortar spamming.
    I couldnt evade them as the entire sea around me was painted in targets and my health quickly went from 7K to 0.
    Also if you have yellow boats chucking frost launcher out there it helps a ton.
    If you are firing a single mortar then it is unlikely to have much impact unless you are hitting a defender going uphill etc.

4. Nicolas

In nightmare league, u rarely see a mortar and specially big berta. ppl only use mortars for guild quests. They use at most one mortar. It's so useless with 50%+ of ppl using yellows.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  5. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

This is true, you can see this from BB Stats
    5 least used weapons in NML:
    upload_2018-9-24_14-8-30.png

Nicolas and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  6. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

They were only really viable back when frost was still alive.

Ice age is over LOL

7. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

There’s a weapon called Big Bertha and one called Big Berta? I’m confused. :p

In all seriousness it’s long flight time is a big disadavantage, but if you couple it up with frost then you’re talking.

8. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

There’s a mini ice age happening. A few players in nightmare use frost (smile shark, st. Elmo to name two)

Nam_Nam and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  9. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

Double frost can be really effective, had it used against me. I was literally unable to move at all and had 3 mortars nail me at once.

10. Fixer Wiseman

Fixer Wiseman Member

I got hit with a bullseye once or twice and wow did it pack a punch, but it was my fault for hanging around. You kinda get the element of suprise as alot of people will not be expecting that much damage out of mortar until BANG! it's too late. Still not the best investment with limited resources .... and it's soooo slow.
    At some point you'll realise you'll never hit a yellow boat with it, and there's goes two slots in your set up.

Nam_Nam likes this.
  11. Nicolas

std cannon is one of the least used weapons :eek: (Acting like idk this)
    Give it a buff :rolleyes:

XQT, Ash KOT and Nam_Nam like this.
  12. Nicolas

Screenshot_20180924-224359.png
    This is another clear proof of how much mortars are useless in nightmare league.
    The top guild in the world progress on mortars quest..
    #Disappointment :(
    Don't forget that big blue boy..

Nam_Nam likes this.
  13. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

Why is LRM the only mortar with projectile speed talents (15% total) when all mortars could use this. This buff being a percentage, each mortar would still have its unique projectile speed. I vote they change it from LRM specific to mortars in general (no restructuring of talent trees necessary).

EyeOfDoom likes this.
  14. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

Where’s that dude who got mad whenever Bertha was said? Sure miss him in times like this lol.

15. Shoot em up

Shoot em up New Member

My bad. Strangely never noticed is was Berta ! Thanks for the answers and suggestions all.

Ultrah likes this.
  16. Fish

Fish Well-Known Member

I’m surprised that the top guild let the board play out this way. They would be left with mortars and defender together at the end - and since mortars are so unloved and defender is so unloved - that combo only leaves a max of 2 other weapons to use on the boat. I would have thought mortars with shooter leaving a lot of backup options on the boat. Then stars and damage with defender to have less worry about what people had to use on defender.
    Maybe efficiency matters less in the guilds playing with high boosts on all the time - just always assumed the top guilds also played smarter boards than the rest of us.

17. Nicolas

Nope we are on the 6th board and everyone is still on the 4th-5th. No one can beat us. Actually, it's an easy rivalry, so we are off boosts...

Fish likes this.
  18. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Someone should close this because berta has no h

19. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

The projectile speed is trade-off for relatively small radius and low damage.

20. JediKnight1968

JediKnight1968 Active Member

Where can we find stats on weapons used on all leagues?