1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Best Perk for Blast Cannon?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Winter Chicken, 18 Sep 2018.

?

Best Perk?

1. Cannon damage and projectile speed

3 vote(s)
    10.7%
  2. Cannon damage and freeze effect

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
  3. Cannon damage and range

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  4. Cannon damage and critical hit chance

9 vote(s)
    32.1%
  5. Cannon damage to burning enemies

13 vote(s)
    46.4%
  1. Winter Chicken

Winter Chicken Active Member

What do you guys think is the best perk for blast cannon? I included the fire damage perk, so assume you’re using a flare gun as well.

2. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

I don't really understand this post but best perks for blast cannon are 3 burn dmg and a event perk, preferably the crit chance damage event perk

ShipCrusherCz and YerJokinArnYer like this.
  3. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Blast cannon is a FIREBREATHING DRAGON of a weapon with all-burn perks. I'll show you two builds:
    Screenshot_2018-09-18-21-13-20-434_com.rovio.battlebay.png This is my main blast, an epic T5 with four epic burn perks. The damage multiplier, with all my trainings focused on blast, goes up to 68% with all burn. That's 1984 damage in a single hit:cool: Joey's is better tho lol.

Screenshot_2018-09-18-21-13-25-863_com.rovio.battlebay.png
    This nasty piece of work is my legendary. 1110 damage with a 32% bonus multiplier to burners, bringing it up to 1465 damage a shot on burners. You really don't wanna get hit by this one if you're a speeder. It's basically my "hook" weapon, I slow down my targets to draw an accurate bead with my monster main cannon, with the superb leggy perk for slowdown. It also hits faster, something that you don't feel the need for until you're in the clutch with a bare minimum room for error, a wave moving upwardsto where your shot is going to go through. This cannon surprises BB's replay engine sometimes, appearing to "pierce" a wave:eek:

Anyway, these are my two builds. The leggy build is not recommended unless your cannon is a legendary, however.

4. Aether_Zero

Aether_Zero Well-Known Member

I run the opposite - all damage perks in my T4 epic blast, and fire perks on my leggy...
    Think all my trainings are on blast ATM, but I'm working towards a t2 leggy sniper too haha

5. Winter Chicken

Winter Chicken Active Member

Are the fire perks worth it tho? Like, to get the same damage as plain damage perks, 75 percent of your targets have to be burning. So over 3/4 of your targets will have to be on fire to make the perk worth it, not to mention the other bonuses you get from the event damage perks.

6. TheAntiSnipe

Oh, my targets are always on fire. You gotta maximise DPS, speeders are nasty buggers to kill(takes one to know one:D) I chain the flare with a basic burn blast shot from my leggy to freeze my target, then let them have it with the burn blast.

Bear in mind, my build was designed for one main purpose: To hunt down the fastest prey in the game.

If you want to deal massive damage with a chance, go crit chance. If you want a high damage with no conditions, go wild with raw damage. If you're a long ranger, using a range perk or two wouldn't go amiss.

Totally up to you tho.:)

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  7. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

*long ranger

I am so bored :(.

8. TheAntiSnipe

Corrected lol

Kurd1stan. likes this.
  9. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Fire is very heavily used in the current meta, so even if you don't bring the fire yourself a teammate might. But the best way to guarantee that your target is on fire is to bring your own source of ignition; usually Blast Cannon couples with Flare Gun due to its immediacy. Mid-range loadouts can consider Firebomb instead, and some Enforcers even use Grenade.

10. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

I mix event (speedy) and damage to burning targets perks on my blasts
    I set enemy on fire with my flare and then fire my two blasts, 1k+ damage each (lvl 31 epic and lvl 6 legendary), it's easier to hit target when you use speedy perk

11. Aether_Zero

I run a swift torp with the epic wildfire perk for this reason haha. Doesn't light them up every time, but when it does... Bye bye haha

Kurd1stan. likes this.
  12. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

"burn" cannon damage perk : +8% damage +12% damage to burning target
    +
    "burn it " cannon damage perk : +8% damage +12% damage to burning target
    +
    "firey" cannon damage perk : +8% damage +12% damage to burning target
    +
    "hot"cannon damage perk : +8% damage +12% to burning target .
    @TheAntiSnipe why you don't use those perks ?:rolleyes:

TheAntiSnipe and Aether_Zero like this.
  13. Aether_Zero

Maybe because RNGesus was a total tool and didn't give them to him? Lol

TheAntiSnipe and Kurd1stan. like this.
  14. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    :eek:
    Epic lvl 50 :cool:
    And I thought my epic T4 was op :(

TheAntiSnipe and Kurd1stan. like this.
  15. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I'm undecided so I use one of each on my BC and Ex canons.... Fire, Crit %, and Damage. They are complimentary as Fire boosts both Crit and Damage.

Fire: You must carry a fire weapon to make it worth while. I use 2 if I have a 4th perk slot.

Crit %: Considering base crit is 1%, a 4% Epic Crit Perk is a 400% improvement in crit chance... With Fire I have a 1 in 20 chance of dealing 2400 damage in a single shot of a T5R BC, which is every match.

Damage: It's nice to have one "always on" perk, as un-perked damage is pretty underwhelming if your enemy is not on fire.

16. Jerbears

Jerbears Active Member

I might be a little biased but I like getting fat crits. Not to mention there's the chance to 2 shot some yellow boats :cool:

IMG_1657.jpg IMG_1658.jpg

17. DragonLegend

DragonLegend Well-Known Member

Need advice have t5 epic blast with 1 burn and 3 event.( Crit chance, range and projectile speed). I am thinking about putting one more burn which one should i remove?

18. Ho Aerp

Ho Aerp New Member

100%

Attached Files:

19. Will-o-the-Wisp

Will-o-the-Wisp Member

For me I’d remove the range. I like the extra ease projectile speed gives in hitting the target, and even though extra range is good, the shots are harder to hit.

20. TheAntiSnipe

Crit chance/range.