1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Battle Bay on PC using Bluestacks (windows 10 64-bit)

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Captain Gilligan, 30 Jun 2017.

1. Captain Gilligan

Captain Gilligan Well-Known Member

Freelance Motion Designer
    today I'd like to show how i got Battle Bay running on my PC
    DISCLAIMER:
    Bluestacks will only be free for the first couple of days. After that you will need to pay $2/month or be forced to install a sponsored game everyday you use it.
    What is Bluestacks? - it is a very popular and safe program that allows you to turn any device into an android device. It is considered a Virtual machine or Emulator.
    20170630_132723.jpg
    I wanted to have the app open so I could chat while working on other projects/playing a game. The end product was quite nice :)
    ----------
    1. download and install Bluestacks - http://www.bluestacks.com/ - (the file is quite large, around 250 MB) (I'm using
    Bluestacks 3)
    2. Load the program and login using your google account, you should be placed in an "app store" within the window
    3. Click on the search bar in the top right corner, type "
    Battle Bay", the app should pop up, click install and it will start installing the app
    4. while its downloading/installing, click on "My apps" located at the top left corner, this will bring you to a tablet/phone-like homepage, battle bay should be downloading on this page
    5. Once it's finished downloading, click on battle bay, the app should open just like it does on a mobile device
    6. If you are logged into the same account that your battle bay account is on, then the game should open to your battle bay profile
    7. Now everything should be working!
    ----------

TROUBLESHOOTING:
    Q - why is typing in chat SOOOOOOO slow (I had this problem at the start too)
    A - I corrected this issue by enabling "Virtualization" in my PC BIOS:
    -to fix this issue, you will need to access your BIOS and enable the SVM, VM, Virtualization, etc option located (most likely) inside your CPU options (you will not be able to view this guide while in the BIOS)
    -
    refer to your device manual on how to access your BIOS, not all devices are the same

-once you are in your BIOS you will need to find the Virtualization option, mine was located in my OC (overclock) options in the expert mode (to access expert mode the shortcut is most likely F7)
    -to enable mine I did: OC options > CPU specifications > enable SVM, but yours might be different
    -once you changed that then exit the BIOS (making sure it saved your changes)
    -your computer will restart and now the typing should be running buttery smooth
    ----------

Any more questions? Let me know below! (I am fairly new to Bluestacks myself so I probably will have a limited amount of knowledge on the subject, but I'll do what I can)

GOOD LUCK :D

2. Wishaal

Wishaal Well-Known Member

We have no desire for the "pc master race" please leave us peasants alone!

(On a serieus note, how is the performance? Is it just as good as on telephone or tablet? Or do you lag a bit? Also, it looks like you have a high end pc, how would it work on the average pc?)

3. Captain Gilligan

I only use it to chat so I haven't tried battling on it yet. But it runs quite nice just like a tablet as far as I can tell. Once I enabled the Virtualization it worked amazingly

4. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Woah, how do you move and aim at same time though? Seems hard to do on mouse

5. Captain Gilligan

The program has a keybinding feature that allows you to control the ship/fire/aim etc with your keyboard like a normal PC game. For example I know that you control the ship with WASD, fire with left click, and look a round with right button held in. You can switch your weapon with num keys (1,2,3,etc) that's all I know at this point. I'll have to test out a battle using it yet. But feel free to try it out yourself :)

HAPPY SITHSHA likes this.
  6. Joey who

I am intrigued. Sounds great. Shame my PC lags.

7. Captain Gilligan

Lags? As in it has older components?

8. Joey who

Not sure haha. It performs slow and has lagspikes when playing games (I'm not really computer techy)

9. Captain Gilligan

Hmm, I don't really have much experience in the area either. I haven't heard of that problem before. Hopefully you can find out what the problem is :/

10. Joey who

I don't really care for PC. Haven't touched it in 2 years haha

11. Captain Gilligan

XD, well ok then

12. Gloryah

Gloryah Member

I use BlueStacks.

I have never played a game in my entire life on a console or used a gamepad, so the control setup for BattleBay on my phone or tablet is..awkward, at best. I'm a keyboard/mouse gamer. The first time I installed BattleBay on my tablet I knew I'd be playing it on my PC.

Now...I built my computer 5 years ago, but I built it with future use in mind. Hardware has advanced in leaps and bounds since then, but my rig is still pretty good. I don't have problems with lagging. BlueStacks and BattleBay run smooth as silk. I don't chat in-game, so I can't speak about slowness in that area.

Anyone who has played MMORPG's or FPS's on PC will feel right at home playing BattleBay on BlueStacks. WASD to move and turn. Mouse to look, aim and shoot. You can either select weapons with number keys or just click on the icon. I click the icon...it's right there by the aim/shoot button and I don't have to take my fingers off the movement keys.

And the game looks great on my 27" monitor.

HAPPY SITHSHA likes this.
  13. NaruDestroyer

NaruDestroyer Member

I have started using bluestacks 3 for battle bay and i am mastering the controls, day by day, but the thing is that if the use shooter mode which rotates the camera on mouse free move, and fires on mouse click, then i cannot do manual aim which is the thing we do in phone by click+hold+drag thumb on aim circle. i can zoom in though by click+hold on mouse.
    I mean if the try to place a shot a little to the right or left of a moving enemy i have to play in normal mode where i rotate camera with mouse click+drag on free screen area and click and drag on the aim circle to manually aim.
    If any of u know how i can do manual aim on shooter mode, please tell me. I am going to record gameplay from my pc so i need this info urgently.

14. Captain Gilligan

I tried using the controls and I agree that being unable to lead your shots like you can on a Mobile device was a deal breaker for me by far. I do not know a way to achieve what you want, but if you want to record gameplay then you can do so from your mobile device. I use mobizen for my galaxy s8+ and it works incredible well all for free.

15. Gloryah

Gloryah Member

I use grenade launchers on my defender. I manually aim by using the mouse on the aim/fire circle to lead my target. It works great. (except against those damned speeders LOL!!) I do the same "click+hold+drag" thing you described when using your thumb on your phone...but I use the left mouse button.

Now...for my cannon on my defender, I generally just rotate the camera till the sights are on a target and then click the aim/fire circle to shoot at it.

16. wallcolmx

wallcolmx Member

can you upload your gameplay

17. Captain Gilligan

There are many ways to record your gameplay and also livestream it. If you use an android device. There are plenty of apps that allow you to record full HD gameplay. I use Mobizen myself. However, Apple devices are more difficult to do this with. Some content creators use a mirroring method. Which means they can connect their device to their computer so the gameplay is shown on a monitor. Then from there they can use a recording software to record all the gameplay shown on the monitor. OBS is a good recording/live streaming program for this. (Look this up for more info).

18. wallcolmx

wallcolmx Member

what i mean is litteraly upload ur gameplay using bluestacks i know u can upload gameplay on diffsrent platforms using different devices

19. Captain Gilligan

I do not know if bluestacks has a built in recorder. But if you want to record the gameplay, you can have a screen recorder running in the background. For example, I could use OBS to capture everything I do inside the bluestacks application by the click of a keystroke.

20. NaruDestroyer

NaruDestroyer Member

There is a software called ispring, it is good too and very simple to use, can record in full hd :)