1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Battle Bay Hall of Shame

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by capphil11, 6 Oct 2018.

1. capphil11

capphil11 Member

While it may not be technically against he rules, obvious manipulation of GS from high-level and in some cases WELL-KNOWN players (they are skilled and don't need to do it) goes against the spirit of the community. Even the new Tubers tournament has strict GS requirements to avoid this behavior. Since we have not seen specific action from game team to address this, we as a community can do something and post this behavior for all to see. Calling people out like this on the forum may get me banned but so be it. I encourage others to post examples here, especially when they catch well-known players engaging in this behavior. If the mods want to pin this for a while that would be nice too :)

For todays edition, we have XXXX (who is clearly good enough) dropping shields and fully upgraded turbo (replacing with lvl 1 turbo) to ensure 10 coins every time. Enjoy the spoils but you know what you did to get them

Here is an example from one of the several battles in which I ran into this *awesome duo*

shame.gif

2. _devill

_devill Well-Known Member

Great. I would like to hear from devs and mods regarding this. Let's see if the same old "Experimenting with loadouts" covers this one cos that's what the events are for, or were meant to be.

Anyway I guess this post will get locked or removed cos public shaming is not allowed on the forum so good luck.

3. FearsomeChicken

FearsomeChicken Well-Known Member

I have seen my fair share of mk7s dropping 3 items for this final coin event, like what op posted. I support shaming them.

PastelPiku likes this.
  4. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    No offense, but aren't you doing it too?

HumpD 414 and JoshW like this.
  5. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

It's hard to tell, his slots are all full. Mk5 defender has 3 red slots with 5 points and 4 blue slots with 5 points.

6. capphil11

capphil11 Member

Using all my slots - best shields (maximize my hit points), my best weapon (lvl5 missiles), my best fire bomb (fire event), and my leggy blast (achievement) that has fire perks. For the record, I also have lvl5 rare blast (less damage than my leggy) and lvl 2 epic blast so the lvl1 leg is my best blast cannon.

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  7. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

It kind of seems to me that the events were a way to rig matches to keep NML players (who are likely high spenders) interested in the game by allowing them to beat up on the little guys. If I tried to do what they do
    (which honestly I have) I would still be matched against higher opponents every time.
    Honestly though with the new events this might be a thing of the past, we will just have to wait and see.

_devill, PastelPiku and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  8. Mr. Patel

Mr. Patel Active Member

Damn I had thought about this idea but was not sure that it would be a good idea damn I love this idea. Good job.. we need a pinned hall of shame for all seal clubbers and **** players.

9. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Look, Events were designed to challenge each and every one of you to creatively put together an optimal boat for the task at hand. Complaining that someone else has figured out how to optimize their boat while you haven't isn't a valid complaint in my book. You can see how to do it in that screen shot above ... if you choose not to optimize your boat, it's your problem. Hint: using your best gear isn't the means to an optimal gear score.

10. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

when I use t1 epic with one t4 epic and one t1 legendary, my combination of items, crew training etc. is "unusual" and I get harder opponents who have more gs (sometimes higher by one half of my gs or even more)
    YSL used t4 legendary and t1 epic and got weak (when compared with her) opponents
    why?

11. envylife

I've been using my main boat and get "unusual" every match with nothing all that unusual so I just ignore it as the matches seem appropriate. The times when the "unusual" message put me into excessively difficult matches was when I tried an MK2 boat with a T5R+ items. Ironically it was ok with a Legendary of the same, which is equivalent to a T5R.

Keep in mind that like ranked matches, event matches should be mostly reasonable, but they can occasionally get a little strange like the OP's post. In fact I had one Event match today at 7900 Gear Score, almost identical to the OP's post....but with two sets of fleeted NML players, 3 of which were over 5000 Infamy. It didn't work out for those that under-equipped their boats to get to that Gear Score (5 items instead of 7) , but at least EventMatchmaker(tm) balanced them out in my match with a second fleet. Again, in my experience it's rare, even if it does happen.

12. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

Talking about the issues is ok, but naming and shaming is not allowed.

13. capphil11

capphil11 Member

Agree. It was not done lightly and would not have done it if any action had been to address this systemic behavior.
    Definitely would not make fun of or shame someone's gameplay or skill level.

14. capphil11

capphil11 Member

Appreciate the hint, but I disagree with you. The only thing this boat is optimized for is to exploit the matchmaking algorithm and have overpowered damage output compared to the other players it will be matched against. I am pretty sure the whole concept of GS and power index that is in effect of matchmaking in the events was put in place to try to produce more evenly matched and competitive matchups.

Optimizing for the task at hand would be using different type of boat or items that are more suitable for the type of event.

_devill likes this.
  15. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    Look, I just don't understand why we aren't allowed to shame cheaters. They deserve it.

Can somebody EXPLAIN?

Kurd1stan. and Aether_Zero like this.
  16. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Because the forum is not a platform for publicly attacking other players, and inciting an angry mob to potentially harass people (nor should it be).

If you think someone is cheating, then there is already a system in place to report them.

Last edited: 8 Oct 2018
  17. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

the last time I heard about seal clubbers from Devs was "it is allowed " has anything changed?, because Im not active .

Catcat and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  18. envylife

And I disagree with the shaming. The Event was designed to allow players to change up Gear Score. The two exploits being used is obvious, and I as well as many others have brought it up to the Devs. The Devs haven't fixed it, so IMO your post needs to be directed toward them, not the players.

I'll ask you to look at it and list all the exploits being used. You can either ask the Devs to address it as I have, or you can modify your own boat so that you can properly matchup with players doing the same. It's your choice. It's your problem. You need to deal with it... yourself.

But I am serious.. I would really like you to reply to this and list the exploits you see so that we can discuss them.

Last edited: 8 Oct 2018
  19. GrizzlyMoose

GrizzlyMoose Active Member

The only Shame here is the part of the clip that you chose. At lease you could have had the part with Cersei Walking....not that old HAG. LOL

20. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business

NeptuneGaming likes this.