1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

At What Point Is the Bandage Worth Using?

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by fr4nk1yn, 21 Dec 2017.

1. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn Well-Known Member

I have an epic at level 11 with 2 epic perks.
    It heals 44 hitpoints. At what point is using bandage feasable? Should I spend the resources or what until I have another dup?
    BTW, my standard epic is at 801 hitpoints.

2. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

General rule with epics is to not upgrade them until you get 4 copies. You should only work on epics when you know that it will surpass your level 50 rare.

3. fr4nk1yn

Side note: I upgrade epics when they'll surpass whatever I have currently.

But I'm looking for opinions on when to use a bandage, not just epics. At +40 hitpoints? 60? It's kind of like the "defense or hitpoints" question.

The Otherguy likes this.
  4. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

Depends on the league, tbh. My level 40 rare ticks for roughly 84 and it's not good enough for ace 1/ nightmare. Below that, you might me able to survive long enough to get significant HP out of it. Since I use defender, I can stay in match long enough to get more HP than standard shield but other ships are better off with standard shields.

It really comes down to your ship and options available.

FearsomeChicken and fr4nk1yn like this.
  5. Miku Da Yo 39

Miku Da Yo 39 Well-Known Member

If it's not around +100 don't use it. This is advice for any player over 3000 infamy

Travi5, craz¥burd and fr4nk1yn like this.
  6. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I have a level 10 epic with epic perks lying around. Don't use a bandage if:
    1. You have a low survival rate in battle.
    2. A)It does 10- in Challenger
    B)30- in Master
    C)50- in Ace 3-2
    D) 100- in ace 1-NML

These are the floor values based on my reckoning of how much damage a oneslot can do in each league and whether said damage can be healed in 30 seconds(6 ticks) in the best case. Actually, in Ace 3, bandages should heal for about 80+ to survive some of the heavy guns.[​IMG]
    This is the amount of time you need to survive under fire for your bandage to outdo your std. shield. Make your decision, mate! Good luck!

7. Disguised

Disguised Well-Known Member

Everyone who uses bandage in Master II has it heal them ~60.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  8. TheAntiSnipe

I got to Master 1 on a 32 heals bandage

9. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    127, max t4 epic bandage, 4 epic perks

Can get t5

At least have a strong bandage in nightmare
    Ok

10. Zerolive

Zerolive Well-Known Member

And how long ago was that? I believe circumstances are different now.

Shadow Moon!, Kalbs and Disguised like this.
  11. fr4nk1yn

Thanks guys. It'll stay in inventory. I play Enforcer. I see others using bandage on theirs in the 2.6-3k range.
    It seems to be a hit or miss in battle when I tried it. I was wrong on my Std shield hitpoints. It's at lvl 28 and 975 with perks.

12. Earel

Earel Active Member

Wow, 1st time see that’s rule... do u have some another arguments for non upgrade until u have 4 copies ..?
    What about u don’t have space for all items to collect?... how many slots in your enventory?..

13. TheAntiSnipe

I made my push after the "fixed matchmaking" update, so ya, almost the same scenario it is now. And I did it midseason. Best time to push, if y'all ask me.

But ya, if bandage doesn't fit your style, it'll get you killed since you gotta crunch some numbers when you get shot. How much damage did you take? What move will take you into a zone of no gunfire whilst taking minimal damage? And how long will you be out of the fight? Can you play stun support? Maybe hide in the enfo's tesla shield? It's all in the details, but my statements state the bare minimums of healing.

So, master. Suppose you are in Fighthouse, and you get shot mid-map. Speeders from the enemy team are flanking. You just took a 800+ crit from a sniper cannon. As a mk4, you have about 900 or so health remaining. Your bandage does 36 heals every five seconds. You need at least two minutes to walk it off completely. So yes, if you are thinking of bandage as a simple blue item, you need to have 60+ heals, that is, be back in a minute, for you to have an impact. But according to my experience, you can do a lot while healing: you could kite an opponent using the damage you have taken as bait, making them hurry since you are healing yourself, mostly causing them to miss their shots. You can kamikaze into an enemy team who isn't expecting an attack from your side. You gotta mix it up, and try to use bandage as a baiting tool, it works! Low health is a great bait, trust me.

PallabKumarS likes this.
  14. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

That's a fair rule. I've run into a couple issues being out of rare power cells for 2 months now, so I've been scrap any rares not in my immediate evolution path, particularly items which I have an epic or two, may not use now, but may use in the future. As a shooter I had no need for small shield or bandage, so those all went. Then one day I realized that I want to try Speeder, Enforcer, Fixer before realizing my big shield is unusable on those boats, particularly at MK4 without sacrificing a blue slot. I can put one on a Speeder at MK5, but doubt that's a recommended use of a blue slot on a Speeder. Enforcer at MK6 is good, but I'm not qualified for MK6. Fixer is a no go.

I'm assuming bandage is a good thing to level up, particularly since the RNG rains rares on me, but lacking power cells for evolutions puts a quick halt to that. I only have a single rare small shield, and I don't think I've ever received an epic bandage or small shield being that the RNG is ultra stingy with all blue items for me. Sometime next year planets may align for me to build a useful 1 slot blue defense item.

vis1234567899 likes this.
  15. c3n3

c3n3 Well-Known Member

I'm an enforcer at 3300 infamy and I use a level 40 uncommon bandage doing 57 heal (I need epic dupes), I think a bandage is always better than a standard shield, you have to play a little more careful in the beginning, but by the end it pays off, especially in 1v1s

PallabKumarS and The Otherguy like this.
  16. FearsomeChicken

FearsomeChicken Well-Known Member

I'm a MK5 defender at 2.5k infamy, and I run 3x bandage (Epic t2 : 73hp | Rare t3 : 69hp | Uncommon t4 :62hp) and have a total heal of 204hp/5 sec. I run it with big shield and no turbo setup and I can keep up with everyone else where the norm is they have full t4 rare equips while I compete with full t3 rare weapons. It all depends on how long you can survive in order for the bandages to provide more value than a standard shield.

Axios likes this.
  17. Olibooger

Olibooger Active Member

Freelance Bum
    I had my bandaid for a VERY long time anticipating mk6 shooter. Finally got there after the update nudged the bar and it is worth it. I had it to 50 awaiting use. It now does between 90-100. I float 4k inf. For a shooter a motor and shield below mk6 is better unless you're the pansy in back lobbing mortars hoping for damage scraps. Even then the shield n motor make more sense

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  18. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

I almost got to master LOL. Right now I'm running with 31 on my bandages and I like them. But you and I both prefer a more subtle strategy wherein "not getting hit" plays a big factor. So the bandages have the time to outdo the shields. Heck, up until just now I found dual turbos to be way better than bandages or shields. Every bullet into the waves and every mortar splash in my wake is a few hundred hit points "healed".

I suspect, as always, that what works best has a lot to do with play style.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  19. TheAntiSnipe

Nowadays, due to my HP that I have due to my shield, I play more of an assault role than an assassin role. I was an assassin at mk4 tho. I can be one at mk5 as well, but then I'll have to dupe my bandage xD.

20. Golden Shooter

Golden Shooter Member

How much hit points does a maxed out rare bandage heal per 5 second? Assuming the rare bandage is equipped with all 3 epic perks for bandage. A photo would be even better.