1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

DevReply Are you sure there isn’t something goofy with the Stars right now?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Fish, 20 Jun 2018.

1. Fish

Fish Well-Known Member

CBFA09A8-B951-42AD-8076-0F058886C673.png
    It seems odd that I got the highest damage but only 1 star and everyone else got 2 (even the fixer got 2 ... wtf :)).
    And yes - I was using fire too. I watched the replay and I was doing as much fire damage as anyone else so I dont think that’s the difference.
    Any other thoughts on what might explain my low star rating before I say it’s broken?

2. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

I've noticed this recently too where the leaderboard order did not reflect the number of stars.

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  3. Miika

Miika Game Lead

Nothing goofy going on with the stars, the sorting of the list is just broken.

4. Fish

Fish Well-Known Member

I’m not worried about the sorting - but why did I only get 1 Star and everybody else on my team got 2 even though I had the highest damage - 80% more than the lowest score on my team? It just seems inconsistent with the other 20,000+ battles that I have been in.

Edit: never mind. Apparently I’m getting close to “tanking”. I guess I’m in the 12 step program to no rewards. That program is goofy in my opinion.

Last edited: 20 Jun 2018
  5. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

Clearly you're not using enough firebombs. You need to load up with at least 2 but 3 would be better .. That's the easiest way to pull extra stars.

The best part is you can sit back behind cover, spam firebombs, collect on all the bonus fire damage your teammates are working for, and then skew the star awards to the point where it costs them try-hards one of their stars!

6. Ser Tomaz

Ser Tomaz Active Member

your infamy droped recently?

7. nzouF

nzouF Member

Ditch that mine and big torp, go double sniper, triple firebomb and rename yourself to Mr. Original.

8. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

D7249910-332C-497A-A5C8-9CDE374CF6DE.png Ha the broken sorting made me laugh on that one. I love capturing.

9. Venturan

Venturan New Member

D760588B-A38F-4C08-A7E2-0E1936556CBF.png This has been the norm for me the past week. So I get the same number of stars as the dude who dealt 10% of the damage I did and the same as the top 3 losers who all dealt less damage than me?!?
    Perhaps it’s Rovios automatic response to me in a 900 infamy freefall over the past 3 weeks through absolutely no fault of my own (except not always fleeting). If they were able to drill down in the data, they would see I came in 1st or 2nd in at least 80% of those losses. I don’t imagine I would have a single report on me for floating. There are absolutely 0 indicators that I am tanking, yet I guess I’m being treated as such.