1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone see a matchmaking issue?

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by MaxxxHavoc, 31 Oct 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaxxxHavoc

MaxxxHavoc New Member

The matchmaking on Battle Bay is just out of control, can a Rovio development team member explain how this could be a "fair" match??? The games are getting more ridiculous as time goes on. Look at the screen shots. There are 3 - 4000+ nightmare players on the other side. I can't even count how many times each night it happens because it's so often. The funny thing is It's never in my favor, not even once lol... Even more hilarious is the fact that it's always 3 speeders with maxed out tesla bolts on the other side and the matches last 30-45 seconds lol...fun huh??? I bet you wouldn't think so! FiX THIS!!!!!! Screenshot_20171030-215445.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: 31 Oct 2017
  2. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

And T-Pro who was the World #1 a few weeks ago...

But yeah, I’ve noticed matchmaking makes some odd choices, when it comes to balancing.

3. MaxxxHavoc

MaxxxHavoc New Member

He didn't look so good in that round, did he?

4. USDT~___V___

USDT~___V___ New Member

Good comment, T-Pro is incredible, it just underscores the OP's complaint. Anyone can be neutralized with unfair matchups.

MaxxxHavoc likes this.
  5. USDT~___V___

USDT~___V___ New Member

There is another issue with matchups that I have noticed. Apparently, Rovio seeks to discourage fleets. With each fleet match I have observed when I was in fleet and solo, the disadvantaged team is the one with the fleet!

MaxxxHavoc likes this.
  6. Zviki_SLO

Zviki_SLO Member

Can anyone explain why is a player Xplosive a winner, when his hit points are lower then of the other players?

7. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

Because he there's more stuff a speeder can do than only deliver damage.

8. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

Matchmaking is absolutely infuriating and they will never do anything to fix it, so enjoy losing 20 games in a row after you reach an infamy high its all by design.

9. Silverchris

Silverchris Active Member

Yes suffered same lately only won about 5 in last 60 matches, how that can be considered fun I’m not sure. Also I’m usually top2 or 3 for damage etc in most matches.

Also noticed with match making, unfriends are way more likely to have more healers than friends side making it very hard to win if only healer in whole battle is good and on other side. Happens way to often to be coincidence

BasedCarpen likes this.
  10. MaxxxHavoc

MaxxxHavoc New Member

the matchmaking is still out of control, the devs on this forum don't listen to the people that pay the bills and i can see they could care less!!!! Look at this match....It's ridiculous!!!!! Where did these guys learn math???? The #'s are just funny, except when you spend THOUSANDS to play the game you expect fair play....But who cares when your wallet is full right???? Screw this!!!!

Attached Files:

11. Iron Sandi

Iron Sandi New Member

Since the latest upgrade The team matching algorithm repeatedly places me on teams and against opponents with far greater experience which shows in high weapon levels as well as infamy. Whereas I would frequently finish a game am now always the first (and only) ship to be sank. This is no fun for me and also unfair for the teams I'm placed on when my ships are one-shotted in the first 10 seconds of play creating an unfair advantage for unfriend teams. I've attached an image file of a typical match up after the most recent update.

Attached Files:

12. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Under 200 infamy with a mark 5? its going to throw you into stronger matches because of your MK level.

Do you have any MK2 / MK3? Maybe switch to one of these to get easier matches while you build up your infamy and weapons.
    Your MK5 defender gets one shotted with 2 shields attached? Find that very hard to believe bro.

13. The Grim Repair

The Grim Repair Community Manager

Closing this thread as it's a duplicate - there are several Match Making discussions in the forum - please simply add your voice there so the ideas, concerns and questions don't spread all over the place.

Please also read other threads first before posting - just a general reminder.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.