1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Another Rant

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Zachiderp, 28 Mar 2018.

1. Zachiderp

Zachiderp Well-Known Member

The game craps on you with rng. The entire progression system is random. There will never be an even matchup ingame due to so many factors causing imbalance such as crew training, gear levels and MK level.

8The game is extremely grindy and the match making is pathetic due to it being nearly impossible to make a fair match up. There have been multiple solutions to this problem, such as item level caps based on infamy and others. There have also been many solutions to fix the unfair random aspect of the game such as the weapons and guild rivalry rewards but none of these proposed solutions were ever added. Even custom matches are unfair due to these factors and it would be nice as a custom game host to chose the level of each player or at least make all players gear and crew training max levels for fair matches.

The weapon balancing is terrible since different weapons perform differently at different infamies due to previously said imbalances. There is also limited choices in the game since gear is too difficult to level, forcing players to stick with one set of gear and one ship throughout the whole game unless they want their progression to slow down majorly or have lots of money to spend to have variety in their gameplay.

Items such as Gear Lube and Rudder have been ignored from the beginning of time and as said before, many ideas proposed, non were implemented.

This game has so many problems that it's hard to recommend to any competitive gamer unless they want to drop thousands on this game, because there's no way players can achieve nightmare league as a free to play without spending atleast 6 months grinding and don't even think about reaching top 50 without a minimum of 8months using only one ship and the same gear.

I give this game a 6/10 because you can still enjoy the game as a filthy casual (like i once did).

Last edited: 1 Apr 2018
  2. NoTzHoNg

NoTzHoNg Active Member

Battle Bay Player
    Well known member

Zachiderp likes this.
  3. Zachiderp

4. Kalbs

Kalbs Well-Known Member

Okay

LimeOnMars likes this.
  5. Zachiderp

Anything else you'd like to say?

6. xxxBISMARCKxxx

xxxBISMARCKxxx Well-Known Member

Paragraphs. Bullet-points. Numbers. Something.

a9c.png

7. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

Nicely said. Nothing to add here.

8. WarCream

WarCream Well-Known Member

Sad but true.

What's Up Player likes this.
  9. Zachiderp

If only there were a way to fix these problems

10. Jerbears

Jerbears Active Member

To be fair so is clash of clans, clash royal, "Other big MOBILE game". Maybe if this was a PC/console game then I would say the elitism is missing. Can you name some other mobile games that have the things your asking about? Thanks

11. Zachiderp

But clash royale and clash of clans match you up more fairly against other players and the ladder in thoses games aren't team dependant. Many mobile games actually. Shadowgun legends, Arena of Valor, Vainglory, Paladins strike and etc.

What's Up Player likes this.
  12. TheFixer27

TheFixer27 Well-Known Member

A boat
    You play arena of valor aka realm of valor in some countries too?

13. yellowocean

yellowocean Well-Known Member

are the fighting-type moba better in terms of matchmaking? haven't really immerse myself in those types of games (e.g. vainglory, mobile legends), played a bit of mobile legends, a few matches in i come across OP enemies.

14. Zachiderp

Not anymore but it's your typical moba on the phone

15. Zachiderp

I can't really say since I haven't played them enough to see problems. Paladins strike is in beta and Op characters recieve proper adjustments in the course of days. Better than this game in terms of MM though

16. Lil_Torta

Lil_Torta Active Member

Less of a Honest Review and more of a “Typical Rant”. Reviews give good comparisons and data to support their review. This was really just a ShitPost. Next time you attempt at reviewing anything. Start by structuring your review in paragraphs.

A55A51N likes this.
  17. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

If only there were a way to add line breaks so your post is readable

Bradley Thorinsson and A55A51N like this.
  18. Zachiderp

That's fair. I'll change the title then

Lil_Torta likes this.
  19. Zachiderp

Hmmmm... I'll try

Bradley Thorinsson and Miathan like this.
  20. Riddlerpaji

Riddlerpaji Active Member

Bro. Every game Match making is worse.
    I mean 70% games matchmaking is broken.
    Rng is bad in other games too.
    Some games have dynamic odds of winning to make u pay.
    Just deal with it. Play casually. Have fun. You win some and lost some.

A55A51N likes this.