1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Android Tablet

Discussion in 'Offtopic' started by JoshW, 30 Oct 2018.

1. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

Does anyone know a good Android Tablet that can run the game efficiently and is relatively inexpensive.
    What kind of specs should I be looking for?

Last edited: 30 Oct 2018
  2. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

I'll be honest; the Android tablet market is pretty poor right now. It's either ultra-cheap throwaway devices with MediaTek SoCs that are more designed for kids to have so they don't break their parent's one watching Netflix, or a high-end one like the Galaxy Tab series that tries to go head-to-head with Apple.

If you're willing to go second-hand, you could look for an NVIDIA SHIELD K1 (although battery life is pretty poor) or a Nexus 7 (but performance would be poor) - other than that, the best midsized gaming tablet for the money is probably an iPad Mini.

What's Up Player and Aether_Zero like this.
  3. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

Thank you. This raises a question though, can I transfer my Google play account to an apple device? I imagine it would require linking my Google play account to a Facebook account and use that to load my profile on the ipad.

4. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Bingo.

JoshW likes this.
  5. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

I was thinking of the Lenovo Tab 4 Plus 64gb 10 inch. But I am not sure if they will update it to Android 8, like they done with the 8 inch. I hope so.

Seems to be a good tablet anyhow, with hardly any bloatware.

Regards,
    Flint

Last edited: 15 Nov 2018
  6. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

I ended up getting the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8"
    So far it is working pretty well.
    It has Android 7.1.1 2GB of memory and only costs about $200

Flint likes this.
  7. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Hey Josh,

That is good news! I overlooked that particular model, because I thought it was not up to specs for Battle Bay. But I guess I was wrong, maybe I should look at it too. Although I want a 10". But I wait until I will be able to play again, but that might take a while sadly.

Enjoy your new tablet!

Regards,
    Flint

JoshW likes this.