1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Allow Legendary Weapons a 2nd Unique Event Perk

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by ViscountSniffit, 4 Feb 2019.

1. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I thought this might make Legendary Weapons/Items a bit more interesting at t1-t2, and give people a reason to choose them over Epics (without necessarily making them ‘better’ than Epics). It would also add a bit more value to duplicate Event Perks.

This would definitely be a buff for Legendaries, however, since many Epics can already equip 4 unique Event Perks, I feel like it would largely be a buff for ‘strategic options’, rather than pure power.

At the moment, for example, there is really no reason to equip a t2 Legendary Blast over a t5 Epic (It would just mean sacrificing a perk). But if the Legendary could equip a 2nd unique Event perk (such as Chill Cannon), then it would be able to do something that the Epic could not.

Would it be better to take an Epic Blast with 4x Legendary Perks, or sacrifice a perk with the Legendary Blast, but get an extra chance to Freeze? I think those kind of questions, would make the game more interesting.

2. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    let us have another copy of legendary by achievement with more dmg . like 12 million for second copy because there is no way to get t2 legendary item soon .

Nikkie!, benguin8 and GigaBeard like this.
  3. ViscountSniffit

I don’t think they’re ever going to do that, and I’m not sure it’s something they ‘should’ do either.

Any legendary that you get through combining is already guaranteed to get to t2. It’s relatively easy to do 10 million damage with a Legendary. If they added another round, it would guarantee t3. All that really achieves is rapid power creep.

The problem I see, is that Legendaries don’t feel legendary. They aren’t interesting to end game players. T2L is objectively underpowered vs T5E, while T3L is too remote a possibility to bear thinking about.

We could buff T2L to be objectively better than T5E, but that would make Epics similarly pointless.

My idea is allow Epics and Legendaries to coexist, by making them slightly different to eachother. Then better/worse is more of a subjective choice, rather than an objective fact.

4. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    so if i combined pieces it will give me same legendary item i already have . like exp or standard cannon i got from achievement .

5. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Having 2 duplicate perks would be too overpowered with some of the perks.
    Like the grenade perk or wildfire torp would be broken if they was stackable.

6. ViscountSniffit

No... I specifically said ‘any legendary (weapon) that you got through combining’. If you got exp and standard cannon from achievements, then you evidently didn’t get them through combining.

For me. I’ve acquired Blast, EC and Flare from achievements; I’ve acquired Swift and Mine from combining. My Swift and Mine will automatically get to t2 just by using them, as I will eventually get the achievements for them too.

Overpowered compared to what? Do you think a t1 Legendary with double Wildfire (but only 3 perks total), would be broken compared to a t5 Epic, with Wildfire, Speedy+Damage, and two other perks? I don’t think it would.

7. Aether_Zero

Aether_Zero Well-Known Member

I love this idea. Gives legendary weapons more ability to perform at maxed T1.
    Remember, a level 1 legendary is only as strong as a T5 Rare of the same item. Only when you take it to t3 does it begin to match Epics at t4/5, and not many folks are gonna be able to do that, due to RNG of items and the extreme scale of cost - 100 leg parts to max a T1 leggy to level 10.

ViscountSniffit likes this.
  8. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Some of the perks are really overpowered.
    Like a T2 legendary grenade with multiple legendary perks for more damage and increased crit chance would be OP.
    Have you recently acquired a duplicate legendary perk?

PallabKumarS and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  9. Silverchris

Silverchris Active Member

Agree the leg weapons need looking at as my epic lvl44 sniper is better than a lvl20 leg sniper and they have the same perks on lol. This shows leg weapons are designed purely to make us spend money in hope of random chance of right gear dropping.

The sooner countries ban this loot boxes with small chance of getting what you need due to luck the better.

10. ViscountSniffit

No. I don’t have any duplicates. I haven’t received a Legendary perk since v3.2 (~6 months ago), and I’m not even playing events anymore.

I do, however, have a bunch of Legendary Items that I never use, because they’re pointless. So if I did have a selfish motivation for suggesting this, it might be because I was trying to think of ways to make them worth wasting an inventory slot on. But alas, it would be no benafit to me anyway, because I don’t have any duplicate perks, and don’t plan on getting any.

This would mostly benafit my opponents, but I suggested it anyway, because I think Legendaries do need to be a bit more worthwhile.

11. ViscountSniffit

I don’t know which perk you are talking about, can you post an image?

I do know that a t2L Grenade can only equip 3 perks, so it can’t possibly get a higher crit chance than a t5E (or even t4E).

The best a t2 Legendry could fit is:

+Damage
    +Damage
    +Crit
    +Crit

+Crit

A t5 Epic with the same legendry perk could fit.

+Damage
    +Crit

+Crit
    +Crit
    +Crit

So all the t2 Legendry is getting, is an extra Damage perk, at the cost of a Crit perk, and it has lower damage to start with. The t5 Epic still has room for three more unique perks (should they exist). So how is the t2 Legendry OP?

Nikkie! likes this.
  12. benguin8

benguin8 Well-Known Member

I agree with some of the concepts discussed here and wanted to weigh in. The problem as I see it, is the 1st legendary is free with a grind and available to all. That is great. 2nd legendary (dupe) is a lot of luck and not available for most players. If you are lucky enough to get this, you get a Level 20 Legendary which unfortunately, is not as legendary as it sounds. As mentioned a Level 50 Epic will outshine this and is challenging to get on its own, but waaaay easier than dealing with legendaries. What cripples the legendary at low levels is that the perk slots are extremely critical. T5E will have 4 perks available. A T2L only has 3. The 4th perk is not available until T3L. This is likely out of many player's grasp for a long long long time. Not only is getting the dupe rough but parts are still hard to come by.

I think that if the 4th Leg perk was unlocked at T2, it would tighten the gap between low level legendaries and T5epics without making them too OP. My second suggestion is that maybe Legendaries should have some sort of legendary stat embedded in it from the start. Like by Leg blast cannon would have +5 range at T1. So you could get the "double leg perk" idea but it would be controlled and make it feel more legendary.

13. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

Screenshot_20190204-235422.jpg gimmie my t10L , but no, i think they shouldn't add any other legendary after 10m.
    And i have a T2L pulse and i could have built a T3L standard mortar if i didn't scrap those 2 that i combined and im F2P, so it isn't impossible.

Nikkie! likes this.
  14. ViscountSniffit

I agree, the issue is that having only 3 perk slots is a big disadvantage. It’s not a big deal if it’s just damage, but many weapons depend on a full set of perks to be effective. For example, a Sniper Cannon has significantly less chance to crit with only three perks. That last perk actually makes up about 17% of its total Crit Chance, which is a huge chunk to just not have.

Giving t2 Legendries a 4th slot is certainly a solution, but it’s not one I’m, personally, happy with, because I think it will shift the balance of power too much.

That’s why I suggested allowing Legendaries to take an extra unique perk. It’s a buff to their perk capacity, but I think it’s ‘usually’ going to be weaker than giving them a whole extra slot at t2. Though it might also be preferable in some situations, which I also like, because it adds variety.

Nikkie! and Aether_Zero like this.
  15. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

@ViscountSniffit i liked your idea from the title, but it needs some work, but i don't see anything to work on.

Thought it doesn't seem right to exclude some perks and allow others.

16. benguin8

benguin8 Well-Known Member

@ViscountSniffit , 4th perk slot does the same thing but avoids the new powers like wildfire or shock or frost. Chill cannon perk freezes you at 25%. two would be 50%

I am also not a fan of a 2nd leg perk because of Rovio's decision on how legendary perks should be earned now. No roll over coins and perk box costs makes it very difficult to get anything above a rare.

Aether_Zero likes this.
  17. Aether_Zero

Aether_Zero Well-Known Member

Changing the 4th perk slot to be unlocked at T2 shouldn't make legendary weapons OP in my opinion... They'll still be weaker power wise than an epic T5. Not sure on the duplicate perks tbh....Although a double wildfire perked big torp would be incredible

18. ViscountSniffit

It’s not exactly the same. For example a t2 Legendary Sniper could never get a crit chance of 45% with only 3 perk slots, no matter how many unique perks you were allowed to stack. It would still have a max of 6 perk abilities, versus the Epic’s 8. The only advantage is that you would be able to double an ability that is usually limited, such as wildfire (which is probably a best case), but that still comes at a price, since you have fewer perks over all.

Agreed, the current reward system for events is terrible, which is part of the reason I’ve stopped playing them. It would be nice if that were fixed (something that should happen anyway), but that’s a different issue (probably, at least for now).

Nikkie! and benguin8 like this.