1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

All fire weapon guild quest bug?

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Stelmo, 11 Mar 2018.

1. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

Screenshot_2018-03-11-13-00-39.png
    Just noticed that this quest doesn't count grenade fire as fire.. so here we are;)

2. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

@The Grim Repair care to acknowledge?
    Seeing more threads about this popping up..

The Otherguy likes this.
  3. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

Grenades aren't a fire weapon.

4. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

Do they set you on fire though clever lad?
    They count towards burn damage records just fine, makes sense they should count towards burn damage quests too.

Alpakaa, *JAWS*, Shadow Moon! and 2 others like this.
  5. BasedCarpen

Carronade also has a slowing effect, doesn't make it a frost item.

6. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

I have two experiments for you to try:
    1. Set your car on fire. Was there fire?
    2. Use the car’s brakes to slow down. Was there frost?

///Disclaimer (If you are as lost as your post would suggest): Dont set your car on fire, it might burn :)

Last edited: 16 Mar 2018
  7. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    I'd say grenade technically isn't a "fire weapon" as its main mechanic is blowing up, not setting people on fire. You could debate this for ever though haha

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  8. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    Lol, with a +60% crit ratio in the later game, and +50% with t4 training, its almost the other way around. :D

9. BasedCarpen

A car can be set on fire by shooting it's gas tank, doesn't make the gun a fire weapon

Disguised, Kitterini and Ian like this.
  10. AVID

AVID Well-Known Member

granade is not a fire weapon...if so mine will be a fire weapon too as it will blast too....:p

11. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

To be clear, nobody is talking about the full grenade damage here.
    It's only the fire part that should count for the 10x bonus, the same way it counts towards your burn damage record and gives fire damage bonus to cannons.
    All fire weapons quest, use any fire weapon for 10x contribution it says.
    If it sets you on fire and weighs the same as a duck, it's a fire weapon.

12. Scourge Argaen

Scourge Argaen Well-Known Member

Every weapon can more or less be categorised into 5 areas.

1) Canons, 2) Fire, 3) Mortar, 4) Torpedo & 5) Unclassified

The unclassified imo is where your mine and grenade launcher comes in. When it comes to guild quests, no weapon can receive a contribution modifier for something that it's not. Without intending to be facetious, your explosive canon won't get the torpedo modifier nor will your big berta get the fire damage modifier. This is why I would agree with @Ian 's comment in that its primary & consistent damage dealt is physical splash damage, the fire is a secondary bonus and not always guaranteed and therefore can't be classified as a fire weapon as it lacks this consistency. One question I would ask is if the fire damage began to contribute to the fire weapon quest, what would the physical damage contribute to?

Based on the mechanics of the grenade launcher, I would suggest that this should, in fact, be considered a mortar.

13. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I agree, the fire portion of grenades should count as fire damage.... the burning effect is not insignificant, and considering it *does* impact the fire damage bonus of other weapons, I can see no reason to exclude the burn portion of grenades from this quest.

*JAWS* likes this.
  14. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Grenade fire should count on fire quests. I thought I read somewhere that it was a bug they were looking into. Might be confusing this with something else.

*JAWS* likes this.
  15. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

That's curious because you can call grenade a fire weapon that makes more blast damage than fire (like a refrigerador, that produces more heat on the outside than it reduces from the inside ;) then you could call it a kitchen heater as well :D), but you can also tell it is not a fire weapon because the blast damage can be considered its main purpose.
    I don't know what's the devs point of view about grenade's fire :p