1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

DevReply Aiming bug after new update

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Eeyore, 13 Feb 2018.

1. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Ok guy, this bug started to happen after this last update.
    Two things happening:

When auto lock is on and you switch weapons, it locks above or bellow the enemy ship. I keep getting my locked aiming moving up and down without any of my commands.

Sometimes the aim locks next to the ship, but not fully on it, so you can miss shots on walls or the sea.

If anyone is experiencing that, I’d like to hear.

Thanks.

2. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

I also noticed my railgun locking slightly below the enemy ship (enough to miss the shot). Happened at least once with very clear shot line so I'm sure that was a bug.

3. Miika

Miika Game Lead

This is not a bug. The aiming takes the vertical wave moments now into account. If the wave is moving up then you should be aiming over the ship, and vice versa.

4. ColdOne

ColdOne Active Member

Really @Miika, why did you guys update this because it suck big time. I cant aim proberly now. Lost a couple of matches because of this.

5. Rango8

Rango8 Well-Known Member

Is there any chance for a toggle for this in the future?

6. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

I'm assuming this doesn't happen if you manually aim, right? I use target lock frequently but only to keep my camera view somewhat stabilized as I dance and dodge. At a guess, though, I'd say that I manually aim by dragging the fire button about 95% of the time. The times I don't do that are "unmissable" so I doubt some inaccuracy on the part of the aimbot will matter.

7. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Mika, I’ve read that you guys introduced that aiming compensarion. Since then, I’ve got my aiming locked at spots that won’t ever hit, it’s jammed. Now we have to take time fighting the controls, deactivating and activating again the auto aim to lock it properly. Also, isn’t being stuck only vertically but also horizontally.

8. Evilchicken235

Evilchicken235 Well-Known Member

CSIE Student
    It does take the wave into account but it’s not perfect. Adjustments based on experience may actually be better than the auto adjust.
    As a player who is used to the old aim system, it really messes up how I aim my shots.
    Especially for Railgun and Explosive cannons.
    Hopefully it can be toggle-able.

9. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    When I realize the game is aiming for me and I don't adjust vertically myself because of that, I find that this new thing makes shots much more accurate. But the real question is whether or not it's making aiming too simple?

10. Rango8

Rango8 Well-Known Member

The problem is that it auto adjusts for where the boat is. And when trying to lead shots on a map like subzero a lot of times you have to lead the opposite way the auto adjust is aiming.

11. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Lol.. funny thing: I’ve always suggested an aiming mode that is totally free, but this up brought the opposite thing. If free, No auto lock automatically while aiming for seeing a new ship, no turrent turning to them when they are first spotted. It could have the option of the normal mode and free mode. I’d play with the free mode for sure.. especially cuz when the ship is lost out of sight, ur turrent automatically change direction sometimes, and you miss your shot.

12. d_p air

d_p air Member

have the same issue