1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

AIM - TARGET LOCK BUG

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by AVID, 15 Feb 2018.

1. AVID

AVID Well-Known Member

AIM - TARGET LOCK BUG..
    IT SHOWING OUT OF ship or side of ship..
    really getting confused.
    even locking target it showing some what side of ship....

faced it for 3 matches....i played in straight...forget which matches are they...
    will show video once again....if i face.

Crashedup and Eradone like this.
  2. AVID

AVID Well-Known Member

i am still facing target lock....its going out and showing....2inch side of target...

3. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

You mean auto aim is off target?
    Do you have an image / video?

The Grim Repair likes this.
  4. The Grim Repair

The Grim Repair Community Manager

Hey @AVID there's nothing off or wrong with Target Lock. I use it all the time and not heard anyone having issues with it.
    I bet it's lag issues that cause you to believe something is wrong.

No bugs to confirm here.

5. AVID

AVID Well-Known Member

no way of lag i am using wifi 30mbps speed and my ping is 240 below
    i tried to take screen shot..it gone immediately...i will try to record the replay...but in replay those r not showing..

for that side aim, my shots also hitting side...i have to unlock the target and have to lock it again....then only its working in that moment.
    happens me 5 times in 5 diff battles...

Last edited: 16 Feb 2018
  6. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Sorry but the fact you said what happened in game isn't visible in the replay, this usually indicates lag too.
    The replay shows what the server saw during the battle, not necessarily what you saw on your phone.

7. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

I've assumed that it is off-center when it is anticipating motion. I just don't trust how it does that for one second. I play on my home wireless network and generally my connection is perfect (good job devs - network sync code is a black art all on it's own last time I looked). Whatever is going on isn't lag. I don't remember all the details. All I remember is we got the update and within a day I was avoiding automatic aiming for shots that I previously would've trusted it on. Nowadays I only use it on a guaranteed hit -- The enemy is maybe 5 boat lengths away moving directly toward or away from me on flat water.

8. AVID

AVID Well-Known Member

NO BRO IN REPLAY NO TARGET AND OTHER THINGS WILL SHOW...lol.

9. AVID

AVID Well-Known Member

GOT IT FINALLY..... Screenshot_20180216-232019.png
    check the image...
    because in replay its not showing those buttons to record video...replay

10. Chi

Chi New Member

I have this same issue ive submitted a ticket to rovio a the day the patch got released, i am 100% sure it is not my internet as it is used for other applications and those are fine, more so this problem has been reporyed by at least 10 people in my guildand itis a very real problem, this game is unbearable. My target crosshairs float 2 inches above all targets and dven if the are right jn front of me with target lock mytarget will unlock andcrosshairs will do circles . I find my turret pointing in the sky or the water as im rushing an enemy with target lock on... its hnbearable

Terry Morgan and AVID like this.
  11. Chi

Chi New Member

I also play defender but the members in guild play other boats

12. AVID

AVID Well-Known Member

YES BRO...many facing after update...
    really same situation i am also getting...suddenly screen goes up too...

13. The Grim Repair

The Grim Repair Community Manager

Hey guys - a screenshot does not show us much :(

If you can record your game play with your device in another way and share with us - then we can actually see what's happening.
    We all play the game all the time and we do not experience this - so we need to understand much better what you mean in order to reply

14. [BB] Shinster

[BB] Shinster New Member

My guildmates and I can also confirm. The target crosshair floats around the target, usually above the enemy ship. I didn't notice the bug until I switched ships to shooter. It happens so frequently that I just have to manually aim the weapon. I'll record my games and upload once it happens soon.

15. Miika

Miika Game Lead

This is not a bug. It is the new auto aiming taking vertical leading automatically. It is aiming to the position where you should be shooting to hit the enemy. Did you try to shoot and see that the shot actually hits when you shoot there? :)

Babablacksheep likes this.
  16. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

It works quite good for me, got a nice shot! Achievement couple of times without even leading the shots:D
    Yep 100% correct, What is bugging people is they don't have to lead shots where they previously had to lead backwards or forwards based on wave motion. So when you lead shot on already adjusted aim, you will miss it

17. Terry Morgan

Terry Morgan Well-Known Member

My question is why are we adding more auto aiming in the first place and removing any skill players develop in this game? I have played many games and now the auto what ever is just horrendous. I miss way more shots than I ever have. So skill is now meaningless because the game should do it for you? Not a favorable approach imo

Turkett

18. Chi

Chi New Member

I see what you mean and have spent the last few days really looking at it and personally it sucks, it's a terrible system but what kind of gets me is that when it's doing it's auto aim Or "floating" as we call it- it's not always turning green and when it's floating above the ship.and it is green and I fire and miss I am really confused as to how should I have adjusted the shot to land ? I can't correctly make adjustments.

Since the game is already making adjustments and I don't know how high up it's already aiming above the ship whereas before the green is always on the ship so my adjustments come from knowing a dead center locked in I'm aimed on you, then from that point I'm leading ahead and accounting for travel, distance etc etc.

Also I assumed the auto aim is only to help you with aim for things come at you or going away from you as auto aim leading your shots and accounting for distance etc would basically mean whenever the crosshair is green and I press fire I will land a shot, no matter what the target , either speeder or shooter or defender since it's taking into account that target is moving - so all my ex canons and bc don't need to be lead to the left or right anymore either ?

My personal opinion is this sucks, I think the previous method was fine, don't reinvent the wheel. I added an element of skill and allowed players to boast about good shots and force them to think about their loadouts so that if you had 3 ex canons and faced 1v1 with a speeder it was a challenge or should be, or you should bring a sniper or countermeasure etc.

19. Crashedup

Crashedup Well-Known Member

It has been bad for me too I miss a lot of my shots because of this automatic vertical leading imo the basic features of game should not be changed and for older player this aim assist is more of a bane than boon

Last edited: 3 Mar 2018
    Stalie, Shadow Moon! and Chi like this.
  20. [BB] Shinster

[BB] Shinster New Member

Please add an option to turn this off. I prefer to aim myself. This vertical adjustment is making me miss more shots than ever, especially when targets are moving and waves are bumping them up and down.

Stalie, AVID and Terry Morgan like this.