1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Aight, look.

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by SupremeCalamitas, 23 Jul 2018.

1. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    ill try out selfish fixer and see if I win a lot. If I don't win 3/5 matches I'll continue with my belief that selfish fixer is bad.

I will take not that I'm using tier one uncommon and tier one rare tape, in Masters league, so it might be unbalanced. Got weapons to make up for it tho.

2. c3n3

c3n3 Well-Known Member

Dude, if you can't get to full health in 10 seconds it's not going to work. The strategy is to take off some health of another boat, they will take off some of yours to. You get to cover and while your guns reload you get back to full health and they basically have to fight a brand new boat. Sometimes this doesn't work and they chase you down with flare exc or blast, usually speeders or enforcers. They wreck healing capability doing this and to win you need high health and good tape/weapons. Also if you can't break an enfos TS then just give up on them.

3. SupremeCalamitas

Ok selfish fixer sucks. 1 weapon is NOT enough, can't dodge shots, still main target, and duct tape does not work. Now I understand how I lost those 3 times I played with selfish fixers.

4. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

you know how will this end? I guess you know and the result is just what you want because after this you will tell everyone something like "I tried selfish fixer and it's useless and bad, stop playing it"
    it's (almost) impossible to have 3/5 win rate when you are trying some setup for first time, you don't know how to play it, you don't have right items for it and I guess that you don't have high enough lvl of Feelix to make your tapes effective
    I have lvl 30 uncommon and lvl 27 rare tapes with rare and epic perks, and they are still too weak to heal me back to full hp because weapons are just too strong, there is no way for your t1 rare and uncommom tapes to heal you, they will slow down your death (only slightly because they are really weak) but they won't save you
    selfish fixer is one of the hardest setups to master so you just won't use it's full potential untill you play hundreds battles with it and even then you will still be only begginer with this setup, it's hard because it's just not meta setup and not many players use it so it's hard to find a good tutorial

and by your logic, I could just use t1 rare and epic tesshields on enfo (although I can't because I have only mk3) and I have decent weapons for it, that will definitely work
    say that if I don't win 6/10 matches I will say it's bad, not op
    I would use most matches because of incredibly under-leveled tesshields and my 0 skill with double bubble, not because it's bad setup

Last edited: 23 Jul 2018
    ViscountSniffit, Ultrah, XQT and 3 others like this.
  5. wreck your day

wreck your day Well-Known Member

Enforcer! And future ultimate selfish fixer >:D
    How can you judge an entire setup in just 5 games? And with extremely weak items too. It's like saying, "I want to try speeder! But I don't have good yellow items... oh well I'll just buy some uncommons; my weapons should be good enough to scare them all away." Success doesn't come overnight mate...

6. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

Selfish fixers begin to become more effective once the player reachs mk6 because then they gain a second weapon slot to deal more damage. At mk5, you get 3 green slots, so at least you can heal much faster. Using level 1 duct tapes on a fixer mk4 or less isn't going to work at all.

7. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Unless you're a mk6 you'll be a team liability as a selfish fixer.

8. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

9. ShipCrusherCz

@SupremeCalamitas do you have your selfish fixer ready? we might 1v1 (I have mk4 fixer but lvl 27 rare and lvl 30 uncommon tapes) and I could show you that it's not bad at all

10. SupremeCalamitas

I think I already scrapped the tapes ( rip 800,000 gold)

I could have used that gold for MK5 that I'll get in 2 levels. shiet!!

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  11. SupremeCalamitas

I also don't understand shooter, how does a mindless, no shot leading career get ya anywhere?

12. ShipCrusherCz

lol, ok
    some shooters actually lead their shots and are very good
    and even with lower accuracy, they still have more weapons so they land same ammount of shots or even more, they also usually use mortars, missiles etc. so they deal some splash damage to enemies even when not landing direct hits

Jimbot likes this.
  13. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

You still have to lead your shots as a shooter. Having more weapons doesn't mean that they will always hit their targets.

14. SupremeCalamitas

I do. But they are still slow, which is the problem. Can't dodge mortar shots, also can't dodge railgun shots. Most shots can't be dodged ( ok, so you can at least get outta the center of a mortar shot, which a defender can't do very well)

15. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    You have to learn positioning better instead of just being able to nitro everywhere. Don’t overextend, offer support to your teammates and target the lowest health unfriend. Learn to use cover and peek-firing. Always be moving when you don’t have cover. Stick with your team.

wreck your day and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  16. SupremeCalamitas

K

As speeder I've been taught not to stay with my team because there's always that one idiot who runs into big torps for fun. And as you know big torps are death sentences to speeders if hit.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.