1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

After Death and Replay Jumpiness

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Bo Oetjen, 28 Oct 2017.

1. Bo Oetjen

Bo Oetjen Member

So, it seems like I’m the only one experiencing this issue, but my game is completely fine and normal. As soon as I die, the game becomes jumpy/laggy. Everyone is still and then when someone shoots, the screen and all the boats move. And then there is a stillness again, and then a shot.... and everyone moves again. It’s made it impossible to sit and watch my team after I die. And I can’t watch replays or my guild mates shared battles.

It never was like this. Everything would display smoothly and perfectly. This started happening about the same time as guild quests became a thing.

I’m not sure if it has anything to do with me being on Apple iOS Beta, but, I know plenty of players are on it and they aren’t experiencing this. I’ve removed everything from my iPad. My ping is fine at 45. I’m just not sure what’s going on. Any thoughts, or any help?

I screen recorded a match where I died (as you can see, everything runs smoothly while I’m alive)...my team playing after, and then also watching a replay of a battle. It’s just extremely weird that the game runs perfectly fine while I’m alive and I have zero issues, but as soon as I die... it starts doing this. You’ll see the jumpiness im talking about in the below:

The Otherguy likes this.
  2. Riddlerpaji

Riddlerpaji Active Member

Mine is opposite but i am on Android.

3. Bo Oetjen

Bo Oetjen Member

I’m bumping this as I haven’t gotten any feedback on what could possibly be causing the issue. It’s been happening since approximately the release of iOS 11 release (the actual iOS release) and it’s still happening. It may be the iOS beta, but, as I said in the OP, it isn’t occurring for others that I know are on iOS beta. Any ideas?
    I’m on an iPad Air 2, with the most up to date iOS 11.2 beta, if that makes a difference. I’d like to start recording and posting to YouTube. I was excited about the in game replays and Apple’s screen recorder. But, this makes it impossible to actually record a game, even if I record while in game and I end up dying (wouldn’t be able to record the end of the match after I die).
    E965D365-5907-4D26-B945-7518652B5B53.jpeg

@Miika @The Grim Repair @Zeus @Stebbi @Bennunator

4. Bo Oetjen

Bo Oetjen Member

5. Bo Oetjen

Bo Oetjen Member

I’m going to assume this has something to do with me playing on an iPad Air 2. I just tested watching a replay on my iPhone 7+ and it was fine. Looks like it’s time for a new iPad.