1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Addition Of Different Weathers In Maps?

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Captain Jack Sparrow ✔️, 8 Sep 2018.

?

Do You Like This Idea Or Not?

1. Yes, I like it!

20 vote(s)
    71.4%
  2. No, I don't!

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  3. Neutral!

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
  4. I like the idea but I want to fix our issues first!

5 vote(s)
    17.9%
  1. All the issues aside, I have come up with a very interesting idea! I guess people are gonna like it!

Idea:
    What about implementing different weathers on existing maps?
    Such as Overcast, Rainy, Snowfalls, Thunderstorms, Windy with SFX.

Randomly change of weather on maps would be very cool I guess?

What do you guys think?

If any of the Devs is reading this thread please reply whether you do like it or not?

Last edited by a moderator: 8 Sep 2018
  2. HAPPY SITHSHA

HAPPY SITHSHA Well-Known Member

I don't know about the devs,but I love it!!
    ;);):):)

3. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I like it, however I think that introducing weather would really increase the load on older devices...

4. Yeah! That might be a problem but I guess most of the people are using brand new devices lol!

Well devs can optimize the game if they want to implement this idea I guess!

And can you please forward this idea to the devs so that we can know their opinions?

Last edited by a moderator: 8 Sep 2018
    TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  5. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    As long as the effect doesn't affect gameplay, it could just be toggleable in the settings.

6. Lucent

Lucent New Member

It is a neat idea, I just think the added animation would cause lag.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  7. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

The devs do read everything, and this idea was shared by me a while back when another user suggested it. Let's see if they comment!:)

8. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

Great idea to add variety to maps, they could even do bigger swells with more inclement weather.

9. Kayakfish0477

Kayakfish0477 New Member

I dont know about the bigger swells thing...it is hard enough to climb a big swell already and it would demoralize most anyone that isnt using an air projectile...shooting over waves is quite a challenge in itself

10. lelemassa1

lelemassa1 New Member

night and day whit led light on boats to improve like a talent and ability

11. Kayakfish0477

Kayakfish0477 New Member

I really liked the holiday themed skinz the devs developed during Christmas time. How about a Halloween type skin in which ur boat turns into a skeleton like ghost ship when in the capture circle or maybe a FREE chosing of a witch hat or something of that nature that will be the turret for ur boat during game play

12. Kayakfish0477

Kayakfish0477 New Member

A Frankenstein head would be awesome!

PallabKumarS likes this.
  13. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

I just meant bigger as in the existing swells on maps like subzero but on different maps if you happened to get them during a storm. My reasoning is that it can get kind of boring playing the same handful of maps that always have the same swell pattern and this would help add a little spice to the map rotation without much effort from the developers.
    There are other ways this could be done too, such as adding ocean themed map hazards. Examples: Jellyfish swarms that randomly electrify the water, giant squids that will randomly grab a ship and keep it stationary, a wandering shark that takes a bite out of ships (lose a small amount of hp), kust to name a few. If they didn' want to add this to regular battles it would still make for a pretty fun event.​

14. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Neutral NPC mobs in the map? Interesting concept, although it would probably necessitate a big change in the back-end to make a "third team" that could damage both teams (and we're well off the original topic of "cosmetic weather effects" here!)

15. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

I know lol, sorry for that.. It's hard to stop typing once the ideas come into your head.

16. HappyUnicorn789

HappyUnicorn789 Well-Known Member

Awesome idea. Also could add special buff to items under different weather!!!!

17. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Enforcers, unleesh your tornado tactics. This guy's asking for it ;)

Sidd gamer likes this.
  18. Sachin Shekhar

Sachin Shekhar Active Member

I suggested it long ago here, but nobody listened.