1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Add features in Mini Map for Coordinating!

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by DragonLegend, 5 Mar 2018.

1. DragonLegend

DragonLegend Well-Known Member

I recently saw a post from @Flint about people not playing as a team. Replies from that post cleared how useless some commands are.
    For example: Together - aren't we supposed to play as a team. Isn't its obvious. Follow command is much better.
    Also what command should i use to say that i will scout, without it how people are supposed to coordinate with me.
    Also in many stages there are two ways from spawn, mostly either team don't move or they go separate way.
    Now The Idea - I have played another game which have a mini map like battle bay. What that game have is a button with mini map which enlarge it.
    In enlarged Map you can click on the area to focus on.
    We should have this in battle bay. We can tell whole team from where to attack or which direction to move.
    Also when someone ask for help , his coordinates should blink in map. Right now we have to turn camera to see who is asking for help(which is dangerous during battle).
    With these people will pay more attention to mini map which lot of people dont.
    What else can we add to mini map or improvement in my idea, share your opinions

wcc634, TheAntiSnipe and PastelPiku like this.
  2. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    And it wouldn't clutter our command bar. We can keep our current commands as they are and tap on the minimap itself to enlarge it. Tapping an area pings the minimap (with a dot, maybe) as well as on the map itself in a pulsing manner (only friends can see area pings). Where the commands usually appear it could say "PastelPiku has pinged an area!" and you could follow up with your regular commands after so they know what you're pointing at.

There should be 3 kinds of minimap pings:
    • Simple tap: White, default
    • Tap, drag left: Red, "Negative!"
      • Use this to deny other pings or to alert your team of danger
    • Tap, drag right: Green, "Yes!"
      • Use this to confirm other pings
    No more than those 3 are necessary. The regular ping can do the job of every existing command with more accuracy. The red pings are especially useful for declaring "Danger" in a way that even a panicked teammate can understand. It could even be used as a "Fall Back!" command.

DragonLegend likes this.
  3. DragonLegend

DragonLegend Well-Known Member