1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Accelerated Progression

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by PastelPiku, 12 Mar 2018.

?

Which ideas do you agree with?

1. Accelerated Progression

15 vote(s)
    71.4%
  2. Side-by-side training/retraining

14 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. None

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Seperate stars/star crates for different leagues

14 vote(s)
    66.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    @TheAntiSnipe @HARPO!

Right now what the game needs desperately is easier access to all ships and items as many players are getting bored with their setup and have no way to try another one without starting from scratch. This is more important than new gamemodes by a landslide. Battle Bay players totally deserve accelerated progression, what with the rapidly shifting meta of the game. It needs to be at least twice as fast.

On the topic of speeding up progression, another thing some people think is too slow is the retraining portion. For an active player it only takes about 1 or 2 days to completely retrain several captains, but many players have said it takes up to a week for them. I think the main issue with retraining taking a long time is the fact that you can't do it while you're training another captain. Retraining and actual training should be separate timers that can overlap (1 training at a time + 1 retraining at a time, not both on the same captain).

- The Saviours

2. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

I’m a Performer! Television and Stage!
    Nice Thread Pastel!

- The Saviours

• Percy • and PastelPiku like this.
  3. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I agree. And on the idea of accelerated progression, I'd add the idea I floated ages ago:

The 15* chest needs to get better as you go up in leagues. Maybe change the star colors according to league, and make the premium chest colored by league?

Higher league chests will grant better items.

Why?

Currently, we have a tanking problem. Many tankers back in the day wanted to get easy stars(since you guys all must know, 3* wins come hard in Ace). So why not do it like this?

If you tank infamy, you'll get stars from a lower league, which you cannot feed into the premium chest for your native league. So even if you DO tank, you're effectively not getting stars for your league! Sure, you can buy the star chest for a lower league, but it will be worth less!

-The Saviours

rexaroni, _devill, d_p air and 4 others like this.
  4. PastelPiku

Security
    Adding this to the poll.

• Percy • likes this.
  5. • Percy •

• Percy • Well-Known Member

9th grader
    I'm a saviour too and I'm going to spam y'all with likes.. again

HARPO! and PastelPiku like this.
  6. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

I totally agree. Getting a star chest now just feels pathetic and pointless, I would like a little more *umph* when it comes to prizes.

- The Saviours

TheAntiSnipe and PastelPiku like this.
  7. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I've suggested that leveling up 1 ship should level up all. That fixes the biggest matchmaking complaint, by far.

PastelPiku and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  8. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

That actually might not be so bad. @TheAntiSnipe @PastelPiku What are your thoughts guys?

- The Saviours

PastelPiku likes this.
  9. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

100% great idea, I liked @envylife 's post when he first suggested it, so yeah. Awesome. Also lower ship costs up to mk5, so that the beginners can at least fight back against those mk5s in the 1000s...

-The Saviours

10. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    Please add the "I agree with all ideas" please. :p

11. WarCream

WarCream Well-Known Member

Including none?

PastelPiku likes this.
  12. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    None is already there?

PastelPiku likes this.
  13. Mad_Bulls_007

Mad_Bulls_007 Well-Known Member

I 100% agree to this.. Big thumbs up for bringing up this idea..(^^). Being in Nightmare myself and being an F2P I find getting epics so hard. By at least increasing the chances of getting an epic in star crates would be nice.. Because 0.75% is just stupid.. And I badly need epics to survive in Nightmare:oops:

TheAntiSnipe and PastelPiku like this.
  14. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

Completely ageee with the need for faster progression.

For newer players, we give them lower rewards than the more established players, but then expect them to catch up. More established players get bored as there are no new challenges, they’ve played most of the players who have similar infamy. Accelerating the progress of newer players would help give those established players new challenges ie new players to play against, rather than having to waist months/years for them to reach the same level.

PastelPiku and HairySpeeder like this.
  15. PastelPiku

Security
    You already know I agree to this lol my defender is mk2 and with no incentive to level it up, I never will.

-The Saviours

HARPO! likes this.
  16. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

This will also help with guild quests!

PastelPiku likes this.
  17. enotSenO

enotSenO Active Member

I think I miss something. When our infamy drop below some threshold depending on our current league, we will not get any stars. Why do many tankers expect easy stars?

PastelPiku likes this.
  18. CoolDownHSNA

CoolDownHSNA Well-Known Member

Student
    Great thread dude! I definitely agree with u, and this is what I have been thinking about too!

PastelPiku likes this.
  19. Mad_Bulls_007

Mad_Bulls_007 Well-Known Member

Right now stars are of no use , and the players usually tank just so that they can complete guild quests easily.. So by increasing the value of the star boxes this might stop.. Hope the Developers make the star boxes useful according to the leagues as mentioned above ^_^

LimeOnMars likes this.
  20. PastelPiku

Security
    I can speak from experience. When I used to play exclusively fixer, my infamy was sitting around 3300, so 2500 is where I wouldn't get any stars whatsoever. However, one day I suffered a large drop in infamy (talking 1000+ loss over the course of about 3 days) and it sparked a change where I started playing Shooter, Speeder, and Fixer collectively. My infamy now sits around 2700 and I continue to get stars as low as about 2000. Slowly but surely the penalty moves with your infamy. I don't see this as a bad thing but it definitely makes it possible to hug low infamies and continue to receive rewards.
    Also, there are some tankers that never got to high infamy to begin with (they just keep their infamy low perpetually).

Ship Mk-based infamy floors would ensure that new players are seeing ship growth as they grow themselves. When you start out, you'll only ever see Mk1 ships, around maybe 250 you'll start seeing Mk2s. If you manage to upgrade your ship before reaching the infamy floor, you get a warning telling you that your infamy will move up before you upgrade.
    This idea would definitely need 1 of 2 things to happen:
    1. Upgrade ships together - instead of upgrading 1 ship at a time, you would upgrade all ships together. This should solve the issue of upgrading your ship and increasing the infamy floor without having a ship that cannot be used until upgraded (that would be a bigger problem than currently).
    2. Ships have separate infamies - ships still upgrade separately, but their infamy rankings are marked individually. ie I can have a 3000 infamy fixer and have weak red items, and because of this my shooter can sit comfortably at 2200.
    This shouldn't cause problems with low-tier ships having overpowered items as their infamy would skyrocket with that kind of power anyway. They simply would not notice the infamy floor (other than the windows where you find less skilled high tier players).

- The Saviours