1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

About recently introduced perks

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by FirnenAhead, 30 May 2018.

1. FirnenAhead

FirnenAhead Well-Known Member

As many of you, I have enjoyed this update so much. I love the whole event system and the rewards from them.

I'm a bit concerned about some of the newly introduced perks, since IMO they're OP and will break the "balance" in a couple of weeks. I think leg perks are awesome, but there must be a balance because a couple of them are too powerful and others are just "ok" in comparison. Of course I'd prefer them all to be all "ok" and not all of them OP.

This are the new perks I think are balanced:

Tesla Shield HP: The decision between Duration and HP is not easy at all, and the amount of HP per perk is not so high. The non-balanced problem is still the Double Tesla Shield thing, but the perk is pretty ok.
    "Speedy" Cannon Perk: Unluckily I didn't got it, but it seems pretty useful. Damage doesn't change and the speed isn't that high, so it's fine.
    "Quickshot" and Fire Damage: It looks like it's the most underrated of the leggy perks so far. Duration perks make Flare and Firebomb deal more damage, so some users don't like this perk much. I think is good to have variety in this case since some players prefer burst damage.
    "Reach" Mortar Perk: I guess it's awesome for LR and BP users since they're good enough. IMO Big Berta and Standard could use another perk that increases very slightly projectile speed. However this perk is ok.
    "Quickshot" Mine Damage: Looks like we'll see even more mines on the bay. It's pretty ok.
    "Reach" Fire Grenades: 2 Perks in 1 for Grenade users (like me). This is a great one!

As said before, these perks are useful for each of these weapons and some of them provide more variety in our playstyles. None of these make our weapons much more powerful.
    However, in comparison to the next ones :oops:

Missiles damage: I'm starting with this one since it's the most concerning of them all. It's not an event perk so we'll be seeing 3 and 4 of these perks on those missiles! That means 24% and 32% pure damage boost (19.5% and 26% in case of 1.5% damage perk users) for Missiles!! There's no variety here. I'm almost sure no single Missile user will prefer range perks than this damage perk. Missiles are powerful in mid range, when they hit all together. This is insane, if you ask me. Missiles had already been hitting for 2k and 3k in full hits, so this is really gonna break the game.
    "Wildfire" torp damage: We all know torps are already powerful, altough it's pretty difficult to aim them. However the balance between HUGE damage and Fail risk was pretty good. With this perk, that balance gets broken. This perk gives Torps a grenade-like system in which they have a chance to hit for 140% of normal damage. IK the 17.5% chance is not that worrying, but the damage boost can't be ignored at all. I wouldn't have a problem if this was only for Tri Torps, since they're kind of underpowered and they're damage is not that high. However it can be used in Swift Torps, that are already powerful and easy to hit with, and in Big Torps, that have a HUGE damage (I think the highest in the game). So if you get hit with a Big Torp for 3k (I think an Epic T4 could deal that or a bit less) and the fire triggers, you will receive 4 ticks of 300 damage in 4 seconds. So this Epic T4 Big Torp (not a maxed out one or one with Frost buff) will deal 4.2k damage. I'm sorry but this is too much. Splash damage can also trigger fire so:confused:
    "Shock" Railgun Damage: Railgun is another damn powerful weapon. Now it's gonna have a 25% (high) chance to stun the enemy. Since it's not out yet and we haven't seen it used, I'm not sure how OP is this perk. But I can tell you that if a 2.5k hit will stun me 1 out of 4 times for more than 0.5 seconds, it is OP as hell.
    "Reach" Missile Damage: I already explained this. This one is the fusion of an OP Perk with a normal perk, so it's OP.

Please don't take this as a complain. It's just a trouble that I think should be fixed soon. Imagine the Bay in a couple weeks or in a month when all players have these OP perks equipped :eek: That will be chaotic.

Last edited: 30 May 2018
  2. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

All of the new, leggy perks are super powerful.... but they are supposed to be. That is why they are offered only through events and you can only have one. These are not OP because everybody has easy access to them.

Fluid Bait likes this.
  3. FirnenAhead

As I said before, some of them are (too) "super powerful" and some of them are just good. They should be all the same powerful...

4. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

I agree with you. Shooters stunning speeders is the last thing this game needs imo.

5. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

It's worth repeating... you can only equip a single Legendary perk on an item so while the item itself is a stack, you can't stack them any further.

6. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I’m holding in all my rage until they release the legendary Sniper perk. :mad:

7. FirnenAhead

lol

8. craz¥burd

craz¥burd Well-Known Member

Oooooh I can’t WAIT :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

9. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

So the new legendary perk that improve the BC is OK?

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  10. Medullaoblongata

Medullaoblongata Active Member

The projectile perk was meant for all canons Genius! I doubt that sniper would be considered a separate canon and given a new perk

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  11. Medullaoblongata

How cute,i didn't know rail gun was restricted to shooters only!(same for missiles)

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  12. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Let's all take a deep breath of the salty air and chill until we see the effect of these new "stun chance" perks.

13. ViscountSniffit

It already has its own unique perk, separate from other cannons. Why would they ‘not’ make a legendary version of the Crit Chance perk? That sounds like exactly the kind of thing they’d do...

14. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Legendary Sniper Perk - Name: Sniffit's Salty Sniper Perk ;)
    8% damage buff
    Doubles critical hit base chance, and upon critical hit eliminates cooldown...

15. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

A beauty if I might say so myself. But judging by @ViscountSniffit 's inventory, it would make him super OP lol.

The dude has enough epic snipes to build a t4(t5?)

ViscountSniffit and Ash KOT like this.
  16. ViscountSniffit

I only need one more for t5, which I would get from the Epic weapon achievement.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  17. Medullaoblongata

And then it would be only shooter you will hate:D

18. ViscountSniffit

I like some Shooters <3

Medullaoblongata likes this.
  19. SquashGaming

SquashGaming New Member

Yes, everyone has easy access to them. It’s just as easy to get one at mk1 as to get one at mk7.

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  20. FirnenAhead

I'm not sure, but I think I saw a shooter stunning another shooter for over 4 seconds! that's insane :confused::confused::confused: