1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

a idea for a new healing item for the fixer - syringe cannon

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Roundtable, 10 Jun 2017.

1. Roundtable

Roundtable Member

Just the title suggests, though this may have appear before, if so then :oops:

The idea is a syringe cannon, which came from the game initial loading screen, which feature a fixer having syringe as it cannons. The function of it is like a normal cannon with speed and range similar. However instead of dealing damages it heal parts your teammate health not AOE, but one, just like a normal syringe in real life.

In the current setup, the healing pulse is AOE, whilst the healing box does heal one ship, but the speed and range is lacking. In my opinion, the healing pulse is like a napalm launcher have AOE effect, the healing box is like a mortar cannon firing it in arc. why not a have syringe cannon as said previously.

BattleBay_ShareImage_1200x630.jpg

Last edited: 10 Jun 2017
  2. behumble

behumble Well-Known Member

I would be down to try that. Would rather have it in then the box launcher

3. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

They might have went through the trouble of limiting Fixer's healing range on purpose. It stops them from being able to sit in cover permanently and still do reasonable healing, and it encourages his team to be near him instead of wherever.

4. Epekka

Epekka Well-Known Member

Then it could be a shorter range weapon

HappyUnicorn789 likes this.
  5. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

If the range was that short, there wouldn't be a point to it. The Box works just fine.

6. Epekka

Epekka Well-Known Member

I don't mean short, I mean shorter. Plus, it can be hard to manuver around to get the box.

7. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

Shorter than what? A regular cannon is 25, do you mean 24? 20?
    It's incredibly easy to get the box unless you have mortars spamming you. The collision on the box is huge.

8. Epekka

Epekka Well-Known Member

Shorter that it would be, which isn't specified

9. Roundtable

Roundtable Member

Yet it is tough work for fixers to first get into the range of 7 and calculating the places where the ships is at at same time trying to avoid enemy fire, I mean the 'syringe cannon' should more of a Adrenalin shot, not healing the ship to full health, but parts of it. the range could be limited to to say 15, but not far away, but not to close to other ships, making a target for mortar rain. Though the main emphasis is on the speed in which 'syringe' currently. the box is slow to reach its target

10. Roundtable

Roundtable Member

I mean, like all weapons in the game, it has its advantages and disadvantages, such as introduce a charge time, 2.5 sec, in which if the syringe is fire immediately, the effect wouldn't be as a powerful as a fully 'drawn-back' syringe cannon. I think this is a idea that is worth pursuing

11. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

A charge wouldn't do anything, this game isn't paced fast enough for that to matter. Unless the heal-per-second was higher without the charge, which would be a little weird, it would just be adding extra time to the cooldown since no one would ever fire it without charging it.

Landing a box while pushing up and down on the analog stick isn't hard. I've dropped boxes right on top of people that I thought were going to miss. Even a range of 15 wouldn't solve the possible issue I mentioned before, where a Fixer just takes 2 or 3 of them and snipes heals all day from behind cover.

That said, I'm not really against the idea when there's all these Speeders running around. Just saying it could get really annoying in match-ups that don't have good flankers.

ChickenSurprise likes this.
  12. Roundtable

Roundtable Member

Essentially, is hope for a syringe cannon that isn't too weak for players not to use to it, not too strong (health heal, range) for players to abuse it, not too slow, then there is no point, because you already have the healing box for it