1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

DevReply 50% loss system needs a revamp

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Joey who, 20 Jun 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

since TDM counts towards your ranked match battles and wins I have been utterly and completely fucked by your 50% system.

So in the TDM event I won maybe 80%+ of the battles. And I played A LOT of battles. Now that I am back to playing ranked I find the system giving me really bad teammates in order to drop me. Note - Before the event when my ratio was at exactly 50% I wasn't getting such bad teammates. I dropped from 3k to 2100 and yea, Rest is pieces my rewards.

Devs, please fix it so TDM doesn't effect our ratio.

PS - Don't bother explaining that 50% system doesn't exist, just please fix TDM effecting ranked stats

Here are some screenshots during TDM to show you how it effected my 50% ratio
    Screenshot_2018-06-20-04-31-00.png Screenshot_2018-06-20-04-31-06.png Screenshot_2018-06-20-04-31-14.png Screenshot_2018-06-20-04-31-19.png Screenshot_2018-06-20-04-31-25.png Screenshot_2018-06-20-04-31-50.png Screenshot_2018-06-20-04-31-59.png Screenshot_2018-06-20-04-31-59.png Screenshot_2018-06-20-04-32-06.png Screenshot_2018-06-20-04-32-11.png

NeptuneGaming likes this.
  2. Joey who

Could only share 10 screenshots per post so here are some more...
    Screenshot_2018-06-20-04-32-26.png Screenshot_2018-06-20-04-32-32.png Screenshot_2018-06-20-04-32-38.png Screenshot_2018-06-20-04-32-44.png Screenshot_2018-06-20-04-32-49.png

NeptuneGaming likes this.
  3. Fixer sa Recto

Fixer sa Recto Well-Known Member

it just means you’re being matched fairly...

... i think

Joey who likes this.
  4. Joey who

Obviously. Wow I'm dumb!

5. vbkevin57

vbkevin57 New Member

6. Fixer sa Recto

i know it’s already been explained here before that the 50% is due to ‘equilibrium’ where you get to the point where your ship mk and items tier cannot push you anymore forward or drop you too low. the thing is in normal it’s infamy base regardless of weapons or ship mk. it’s sheer luck having good teammates but it’s up to you what the match outcome will be. do your best and you raise your odds to more than 50%, slack it off and you risk a loss. Best way to boost your % is to get a competent fleet.

Cheers!

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  7. Joey who

Just asking devs to make it so TDM events don't effect your stats. No reason for it to, TDM and Ranked are completely different.

*JAWS* likes this.
  8. Fixer sa Recto

Gotcha! But hey the event’s boosting my kills % haha.. :p

I don’t think it affects your infamy though, unless you still think you will still respawn in normal :D

9. Joey who

Haha! Well in super low leagues you respawn in ranked matches! :eek::eek: Tested it on my mini account

Ovidmikel likes this.
  10. Miika

Miika Game Lead

That's not how the system works, at all. There is no 50% WRsystem that if you win more in TDM you will lose them in ranked. Please consult any of the matchmaking threads to understand how infamy (MMR) works.

11. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    Soooo, lock? Anyone?

It IS a matchmaking thread after all, I think it was stated that matchmaking threads would be locked.

Not that you have to lock it.

12. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

*** I'll try my best to reword your post ***

Hello Dev team,

I thought the matching formula used in the most recent TDM was sheer brilliance. I'm not sure if it was based on gear score, infamy team totals, ship tiers, or some combination, but I would very much like to see more of this type of matchmaking in future events!

My only concern, however, is that the success I experienced during the TDM event against that pool of players may have elevated my MMR to such a level that normal infamy matches no longer seem to be as balanced. In fact, I have lost nearly one-third of my infamy despite my best efforts.

I am admittedly not very experienced with matching algorithms, but if there is some connection between a players TDM MMR and normal infamy MMR, would you kindly consider segregating the two rankings?

Thank you,
    Joey who

*** Is that what you were trying to say? ***

13. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    I dunno but I have to say one thing:

Noice

14. Fixer sa Recto

Sorry i'm no DEV but i would like to reply my thoughts ;)
    I think TDM MMR is completely different from Normal MMR.

Disclaimer: This is just based on my experience and deduction. Feel free to correct me.

TDM Matchmaking:
    • Each MK has a predetermined set of gear score ranges to which once over the range will put you on higher MK battles (there will be a notification upon starting that you have unusual combination of mk, weapon tier etc.) so basically you can control whom your gonna be matched up against

Normal Matchmaking:
    • Depends solely on Infamy regardless of your MK and weapons loaded up.

Cheers!

15. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

My understanding of @Joey who 's setup is that he has relatively weak weapons for his ship level (due to scrapping all his weapons and having to restart) .

It would be interesting to know if that combination of strong ship, weak weapons (stronger weapons not available) contributed to the high win rate in the event . (In past events players tried weak ships/strong weapons to try and gain an advantage but this didn't seem to work this time around)

Because unless @Joey who is some sort of gaming God, those win rates over such a high number of matches suggest that something in the event MMR was working in his favour.

16. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I believe Joey has his answer,locking:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.