1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

50 level Epic Repair Box vs Duct Tape

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Kamilsu, 18 Sep 2018.

1. Kamilsu

Kamilsu New Member

I wonder what is the most high healing score for repair box for one shot with penultimate fixer talent (50% more healing with critics).
    Duct tape suitable for self healing but what if I use repair box launcher? Even if I want I can heal to my comrads.

2. Kamilsu

Kamilsu New Member

By the way i have got 4 epic duct tape and repair box launcher. But i dont know what is better for me

3. Fixer Wiseman

Fixer Wiseman Member

Depends what your current set-up is and style of play. If you have a really good pulse and bolt, then either duct tape or repair box works. Current meta generally doesn't use repair box much, and if you do then the set-up is pulse, bolt, box. Just have fun with it ... go with your gut feeling.

With that being said I made it to around 4k infamy with a repair box. My healing on the repair box is generally around 1000, then 2500 on a critical heal

4. jfcliche

jfcliche Member

Been playing with bolt+pulse+tape for quite a while, but I'm "growing" a box to replace the tape soon. The tape is good because unfriends will go to great lengths to hit you as a fixer, and with a combo of tape + OB, you can make them lose a lot of time trying to sink you. As it is a more specialized item than the box, tape is better for self-healing, but also more... well, specialized. Maybe it's a matter of infamy, and I don't know about yours (mine is around 3000), but lately I have found that having only two healing items is not always enough to keep my teammates alive. That's why I'm working on a box now : I'll give up some self-healing power, but it's more versatile than the tape.

5. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Repair box is almost useless. Even with max training. I'd go with a duct tape with 4 cooldown perks. If you have an event cooldown perk even better. An epic duct tape with 4 cooldown perks does 152x7.8s cooldown, or if you have an event repair cooldown perk it's a 7.0 cooldown + 7.5% effect.

6. Kamilsu

Kamilsu New Member

I have got 50 level epic and 1 level legend bolt. I have got 4 epic pulse, 4 epic box and 4 epic duct tape. I use 50 lvl epic bolt, 1 lvl legend bolt and 41 level rare pulse. I want to learn which combination is better i am talking about 50 lvl epic all of them, bolt-pulse-box or bolt-pulse-tape or pulse-pulse-bolt or pulse-pulse-box? If box can 1k healing (2,5k with crit) thats better than duct tape i think. Whats the better ?

7. Kamilsu

Kamilsu New Member

Duct tape got 20 sec cd if u got do Best maybe 11. 6 sec and u got 140+ healing per sec. Otherwise if u use box with +50 crit amount talent u got 180 healing per sec

8. Kamilsu

Kamilsu New Member

Any idea ?